ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
First gen made from 66 to 71 🤣 this guy needs to do a bit more research.
Sponsored

t_bucket

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In case anyone wants the link to the company that makes those tanks. https://longrangeamerica.com/shop-tanks/

They do cool stuff but it is not cheap! Certainly makes some 5 gallon jerry cans look like a good option.
I have one of these in my 2010 Wrangler JKU (Actually it was the first on these guys imported for a jeep, the few before were directly imported from Australia). It is awesome. Range anxiety is gone even when towing and out in Big Bend Ranch State park, hours from a gas station. I asked them way back when the bronco was released about offering one, back in June they stated they were looking at getting a vehicle to assess.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

from what I read it's very unlikely that anyone will make a 2nd tank that ties into the existing fuel system automatically or with a switch/pump, since the entire system is sealed for emission regulations.

There is at least one manufacturer that makes an extra tank that mounts between the spare and the truck for Wranglers and you use a syphon to move the gas into your actual tank, I'd be interested in that. Don't like the look of rotopax and jerry cans on a modern vehicle, looks too much like 'mall safari' to me. Great on a classic off roader, but meh on something new. The tank I saw behind the spare was black and you could hardly notice it. Don't recall how much fit into it.

I don't see getting a 1000 mile range out of a Bronco while still having usable cargo space though.

t_bucket

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

from what I read it's very unlikely that anyone will make a 2nd tank that ties into the existing fuel system automatically or with a switch/pump, since the entire system is sealed for emission regulations.

There is at least one manufacturer that makes an extra tank that mounts between the spare and the truck for Wranglers and you use a syphon to move the gas into your actual tank, I'd be interested in that. Don't like the look of rotopax and jerry cans on a modern vehicle, looks too much like 'mall safari' to me. Great on a classic off roader, but meh on something new. The tank I saw behind the spare was black and you could hardly notice it. Don't recall how much fit into it.

I don't see getting a 1000 mile range out of a Bronco while still having usable cargo space though.
Yeah I have that one also (got it before the LRA) it is an 11 gallon tank that goes with the AEV tire carrier. https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/fuel-caddy/
It has been nice, but definitely ages and is starting to get brittle. Also you have to stop and use a syphon to transfer the fuel.
The LRA tank is definitely a better solution. it is fully tied to the current system with a transfer pump. It is "T-ed" into the fill line, and pumps over to the main tank when activated, so the emission system stays sealed, just with more volume, and you can activate it while driving, and tanks about 15min to transfer all the fuel over to the main tank.

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish there was an option to put fuel in the cargo area (safety being the main issue) and fill up the space between the floor and the folded seats to make it a "flat" floor cargo area. You could plumb it through the jack holder area and transfer switch to an Aux switch. That would meet a lot of needs. But just not the safest place to have spare fuel.

Sponsored

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
..If you reset the mileage while going down hill . it will give you the 1050 miles to empty.. but only for a few before it adjust it back to normal..

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

..If you reset the mileage while going down hill . it will give you the 1050 miles to empty.. but only for a few before it adjust it back to normal..
You just need to find a 1050-mile hill...

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then triple tanks would be “awesomer”.
Sponsored