Sponsored

Dual-Top Orders (Factory Soft Top + Hard Top) - Interior Panel Trim Included?

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased the dual top option a few months ago, and I haven't been able to get a good answer as to whether the alternate interior panel trim for the soft top is supposed to be included in the package. This is in reference to the panel in the rear cargo space that covers the location where the soft top bolts to the vehicle. When ordered, the Bronco comes with the hard top installed, and the soft top is in the back (with seats folded down). All of the soft top "hardware" was already installed, but I did NOT receive the alternate interior panel trim pieces for the soft top. These pieces have a cut-out portion that is not present in the hardtop version so the trim can snap back on while letting the soft top frame to pass through. Unfortunately, since my dual top didn't come with these pieces, I've been driving around with the anchors and bolts exposed for the last month or so. Dealer said they weren't sure if this was an oversight or if Ford just doesn't include this part for the dual tops.

Trying to collect data on whether I'm an anomaly or if Ford really doesn't include these in the dual-top options.

I believe that the trim pieces can be purchased separately (Right Side: M2DZ-7831288-BA & Left Side: M2DZ-7831289-BA) for $47 each, but I have no idea why this wouldn't be included from the factory. Can anyone else chime in here?
Sponsored

Jhlebica18

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 F350 Tremor, 2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine had the same thing. I made the dealer get the correct parts

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang good question I still haven't been able to figure out. It's likely "misbuilt" meaning the panels should've been with it from the factory OR they were with the box/pallet the soft top came in. May be incorrect but I thought the soft tops get shipped to the dealer shortly before the vehicle is supposed to arrive like DIO accessories. Correct me if I'm wrong, we have yet to get one with the dual top option.

OP
OP

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang good question I still haven't been able to figure out. It's likely "misbuilt" meaning the panels should've been with it from the factory OR they were with the box/pallet the soft top came in. May be incorrect but I thought the soft tops get shipped to the dealer shortly before the vehicle is supposed to arrive like DIO accessories. Correct me if I'm wrong, we have yet to get one with the dual top option.
Mine shipped from the factory with the soft top actually in the back. My dealer was surprised and thought it would come separately as well. It comes on a stiff plastic/Styrofoam base and is strapped to the Bronco's tie-downs. A box is also included in the package that has the side panel plastic pieces (the ones that receive the front seal of the soft top side windows), but not the alternate interior trim panels.

Bronco-Softtop.jpg

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine shipped from the factory with the soft top actually in the back. My dealer was surprised and thought it would come separately as well. It comes on a stiff plastic/Styrofoam base and is strapped to the Bronco's tie-downs. A box is also included in the package that has the side panel plastic pieces (the ones that receive the front seal of the soft top side windows), but not the alternate interior trim panels.

Ford Bronco Dual-Top Orders (Factory Soft Top + Hard Top) - Interior Panel Trim Included? Bronco-Softto
Thank you for the clarification.

Sponsored

TS_Bronco_12

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, Outer Banks 2.7L, Velocity Blue, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

was curious if the second row seat was folded down to accommodate the soft top when you picked it? I got the dual tops and was wondering how many passengers I can bring to pick it up 😎

Ford Bronco Dual-Top Orders (Factory Soft Top + Hard Top) - Interior Panel Trim Included? Bronco-Softto

OP
OP

Yorick

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

was curious if the second row seat was folded down to accommodate the soft top when you picked it? I got the dual tops and was wondering how many passengers I can bring to pick it up 😎
The second row seat is completely folded down, so you'll only be able to take one passenger.

TS_Bronco_12

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, Outer Banks 2.7L, Velocity Blue, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good to know!! Thanks for the information and quick response 😎👍🏻

reschilling

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I purchased the dual top option a few months ago, and I haven't been able to get a good answer as to whether the alternate interior panel trim for the soft top is supposed to be included in the package. This is in reference to the panel in the rear cargo space that covers the location where the soft top bolts to the vehicle. When ordered, the Bronco comes with the hard top installed, and the soft top is in the back (with seats folded down). All of the soft top "hardware" was already installed, but I did NOT receive the alternate interior panel trim pieces for the soft top. These pieces have a cut-out portion that is not present in the hardtop version so the trim can snap back on while letting the soft top frame to pass through. Unfortunately, since my dual top didn't come with these pieces, I've been driving around with the anchors and bolts exposed for the last month or so. Dealer said they weren't sure if this was an oversight or if Ford just doesn't include this part for the dual tops.

Trying to collect data on whether I'm an anomaly or if Ford really doesn't include these in the dual-top options.

I believe that the trim pieces can be purchased separately (Right Side: M2DZ-7831288-BA & Left Side: M2DZ-7831289-BA) for $47 each, but I have no idea why this wouldn't be included from the factory. Can anyone else chime in here?
Can you take a picture of the area you are talking about? I have ordered the dual top and want to be in the look out for what you are talking about.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco-Softtop.jpg
Same thing here and no panels to cover the rear wheel wells when the soft top is installed.

Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same thing here and no panels to cover the rear wheel wells when the soft top is installed.
I just emailed my dealer. Hopefully they'll be responsive and send them quickly.

Wigby

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Acura MDX, 2021 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same for me. I called the dealer and they don’t seem to know whether they are supposed to be there or not. The Ford video references them so I think they should be there.

Defintitely only room for one passenger. The back is completely full with that soft top.

Itsabuckingbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2016 ram 2500, 2020 GMC yukon, 2017 E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same thing here and the plastic window trim pieces where installed under hard top as well as an extra set with soft top. But no soft top cover plate for bracket.

Itsabuckingbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2016 ram 2500, 2020 GMC yukon, 2017 E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealer says they'll order them they where just having issues finding correct part number.
Sponsored