First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really want a soft top... like... the whole point of this car is for open air driving, and pulling off the cab section will not be a spur of the moment thing. soft top flips back with only 1 person, and stores in place. great for summer.

but for the winter months, I would rather have a hard top.

If I get a mic top now... Im still waiting an unknown amount of time, but theres a shot that Ill be able to easily order the soft top sometime before 2023. shipping wont be horrendous and itll probably generally be relatively affordable.

On the flip side, soft top, I get my car quicker (I had a day 1 reservation, 2nd in line at my dealership before I deferred it). but I may never get a hard top; dont know what it will cost me anyway.

curious what others that wanted both are flexing to.
Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a MIC ordered, with a build date of 28Jun, I’m curious if I will be affected… like you I also want a soft top and am planning to use my 2000 Ford pass point to go down on a Best Top. I really like the way they look over the factory square back.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well this is just great, I pushed my WT from 21 to 22 because I wanted both the black modular and soft top, so I guess I will just be getting the soft top only now. One out of two ain't bad. :unsure: :cry:

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well this is just great, I pushed my WT from 21 to 22 because I wanted both the black modular and soft top, so I guess I will just be getting the soft top only now. One out of two ain't bad. :unsure: :cry:
Can’t order a soft top with the Wildtrak..

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really want a soft top... like... the whole point of this car is for open air driving, and pulling off the cab section will not be a spur of the moment thing. soft top flips back with only 1 person, and stores in place. great for summer.

but for the winter months, I would rather have a hard top.

If I get a mic top now... Im still waiting an unknown amount of time, but theres a shot that Ill be able to easily order the soft top sometime before 2023. shipping wont be horrendous and itll probably generally be relatively affordable.

On the flip side, soft top, I get my car quicker (I had a day 1 reservation, 2nd in line at my dealership before I deferred it). but I may never get a hard top; dont know what it will cost me anyway.

curious what others that wanted both are flexing to.
Boils down to cost. That MIC will probably cost you $4k at the parts counter - when it is available if you opt for soft now. Roll the dice on the MIC order and then get the softie later is probably the way to get both for a decent price with your timestamp.

Sponsored

jimd1

Badlands
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

dealers have demo's with soft top and 2 dr hardtops
Yes that is correct, however customers cannot order a Wildtrak with a soft top. Customer ordered MY21 and now MY22 Wildtraks are only available with the MIC top.

Initially the Wildtrak (and First Edition) came standard with the painted black mod top. However, in Q1 2021 due to the roof challenges, Ford announced Wildtrak customers can either get a MIC top for a MY21 WT or wait for a MY22 with the black painted. Ford then decreased the baseline cost of the WT by approximately $1800 for the cost of the black painted. Now, recently Ford announced that due to all the roof issues, the black painted mod top wont be available until 2023, resulting in only the MIC top available for WTs until 2023.

Now, at this point I would love to get the soft top for my WT order to increase chances for a scheduled build, but I believe that since the WT and FE were always supposed to come standard with the hard tops and they have already decreased the baseline MSRP on these two trims to align with removing that painted black mod top, they do not want to decrease the cost (again) lesser the MIC for soft tops. The soft top ordered from the dealer is $2200~ (assuming excluding freight). No telling what the cost of the MIC or black painted top will be ordered from the dealer when available. I think thats a cost Ford isn't willing to eat on the WTs or FEs since they've already came down on initial cost.
Sponsored

Last edited: