Sponsored

Dual Tops are Late availability.. Soft top's are made by Bestop... so..

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if a top will be offered "near" launch by bestop or another supplier, ideally like the twill tops offered for jeeps?
I'm sure that they will be but I guess the question is when?

anyone have an inside line on that?

I would like to get both tops but am considering just ordering the MIC hard top and buying a soft top after delivery. On my defender I put the hard top on for winter and pull it in the spring.
thanks
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Someone posted an email from bestop recently which unfortunately said ford was not going to allow bestop to sell the soft top themselves.

OP
OP

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully they can sell something like the sunder ultra (for jeeps) which is not offered by ford.
tough call though..

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Webasto makes the Ford 4-door stock soft top and Bestop is making the slant-backs.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Someone posted an email from bestop recently which unfortunately said ford was not going to allow bestop to sell the soft top themselves.
Really?

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully they can sell something like the sunder ultra (for jeeps) which is not offered by ford.
tough call though..
sunder ultra?

Do you mean SUNRIDER FOR HARDTOP? This will be a Ford option.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It had been reported earlier that Webasto was making the soft tops, but looking at the actual order list, it's indeed Besttop. In chatting with them months ago, they acknowledged that they can't sell the factory top....they have to have modifications. So I'll bet that the Ultratop will be available to us. Yes, it's going to cot $2k instead of 1100 with dual top pricing...

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It had been reported earlier that Webasto was making the soft tops, but looking at the actual order list, it's indeed Besttop. In chatting with them months ago, they acknowledged that they can't sell the factory top....they have to have modifications. So I'll bet that the Ultratop will be available to us. Yes, it's going to cot $2k instead of 1100 with dual top pricing...
The stock soft top on the 4 door is made by Webasto. Those listed on the Bronco Accessory List are made by Bestop...they are different tops (i.e. Fastback; Vinyl) than the stock top.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The stock soft top on the 4 door is made by Webasto. Those listed on the Bronco Accessory List are made by Bestop...they are different tops (i.e. Fastback; Vinyl) than the stock top.
Ah, thanks for clarification. I'd much prefer a Bestop....just cutting corners here and there for that extra cost. If the dual tops were available, I wouldn't bother, but since I can only get the MIC now, and have to wait....might as well get the best.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah, thanks for clarification. I'd much prefer a Bestop....just cutting corners here and there for that extra cost. If the dual tops were available, I wouldn't bother, but since I can only get the MIC now, and have to wait....might as well get the best.
Yeah, I was going to get a soft top, but decided to get the MIC to have hook-ups, and will get a Bestop later. The Webasto side windows on all of the factory ones we have seen are all wrinkled badly and look like crap.

OP
OP

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sundar = Sunrider.. spell check issue..

anyway.. trying to decide if I chance the late availability thing, but in reality with a 2.7/SAS it probably does not matter anyway since most likely it'll be late 21 or early 22 delivery (I am an early day 1 reservation holder). what's a couple more months at this point.

The fastback top is not an option for me.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sundar = Sunrider.. spell check issue..

anyway.. trying to decide if I chance the late availability thing, but in reality with a 2.7/SAS it probably does not matter anyway since most likely it'll be late 21 or early 22 delivery (I am an early day 1 reservation holder). what's a couple more months at this point.

The fastback top is not an option for me.
Where are you in your dealer's allocation?

I'm #1 at my dealer, but if it turns out I'm getting a late-summer delivery, I'll add dual tops.

OP
OP

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll find out Wednesday when I go place my order, hopefully.
Frankly I'm already banking on late summer, fall at this point at best, no point in getting my hopes up..
They said they had 102 allocated.
Sponsored