MiddleAgeGeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all. I’ve got an OB ordered with the MIC top because I want the hookups. I didn’t order the duel tops because I’m guessing I won’t get the car until fall or even into 2022 and figured I could either order a soft top from Ford or another manufacturer at that point. But of course now I’m second guessing myself. Do you all think the aftermarket soft tops will be as good or better than factory soft options and possibly available by spring/summer 2022?
Sponsored

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I struggle with this too...my decision is to go w soft top to start since it’s potentially a summer delivery 🤞..I’ll pay for a mic hard top or aftermarket hard top in fall and just do hookups then. I’m anxious to see if RSi Smart cap does a top since they are already a modular top maker and they make a cool product. Check out their adventure series. I just think if I’m lucky to get a summer delivery I’ll want soft top to start.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have convertible experience but I've settled on the soft top as the four door comes with it standard. My rationale is to get the least expensive top from the factory, see how I like it, and then go aftermarket later if I want. The last thing I want to do is pay extra for something I may end up wanting to replace anyways. Besides, I'm not sure how to top fighting each other would help anyways, OP.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely gonna hold off til after market comes out with something that doesn’t stick out so high folded and also don’t like the overhang in the back..

34086F03-3453-49A8-A269-E3EFD403A666.jpeg

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Definitely gonna hold off til after market comes out with something that doesn’t stick out so high folded and also don’t like the overhang in the back..

Ford Bronco Dual tops or wait for aftermarket soft? 34086F03-3453-49A8-A269-E3EFD403A666
This is actually one of the best features IMO / it’s like a safari top on the old defenders. More shade and rain protection. A good bikini top will be nice though. Also the fast back tops cut a ton of storage space out too which I don’t like.

Sponsored

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I struggle with this too...my decision is to go w soft top to start since it’s potentially a summer delivery 🤞..I’ll pay for a mic hard top or aftermarket hard top in fall and just do hookups then. I’m anxious to see if RSi Smart cap does a top since they are already a modular top maker and they make a cool product. Check out their adventure series. I just think if I’m lucky to get a summer delivery I’ll want soft top to start.
Looks to only have products for truck beds. Doubt they will do bronco since jeep tops not made.
With bronco weight rating. This is a metal product and wont leave much for storage unless your hauling feathers or popcorn packaging.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends how much you want to spend. Dual tops is a good deal. You’ll spend the price of dual for 1 top at the parts counter plus shipping.. a lot more for a modular. Best top has better options with their fastback one that is out in vinyl. I’d get the twill but it will be $2300.. it looks to be a trektop ultra but is not labeled that yet.

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dual on my 4 door. I wanted to have the lines for wiper and fluid ran by the factory instead of aftermarket. There'll be a lot of cool aftermarket soft tops, so I'll probably regret that decision later but right now I'm not quite sure what features I want in a soft top...

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Decided to wait. Hope to be able to get a white soft top aftermarket.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m getting the MiC now and kinda like it, but I’ll definitely buy a soft top after market. I want the hookups for the hard top and I don’t think they will be an easy DIY to add them yourself later. Also, the aftermarket will have a number of soft tops to choose from quite rapidly, as I’m not loving the current factory soft top. It’s ok, but I know there will be better.

Sponsored

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Went ahead and ordered dual top, I am gonna be delayed anyways with mod top so why not. Plus winter with hard top, summer soft top and it was a pseudo deal.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you all think the aftermarket soft tops will be as good or better than factory soft options and possibly available by spring/summer 2022?
I thought about that as well, I'm getting the MIC now as the power/fluid lines will be ran by the factory for the rear window and then after a good AM comes out will grab that.

Figured I can use the Ford points once I see how those work or what not

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Went back and forth with this myself. Still might go with duel tops but, as of now, my placed order is shadow black modular only. Aftermarket should have some pretty interesting options by summer of '22. Until then, I'll just pop off the front panels :cool:

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Aftermarket.

Aftermarket is going to be cray cray. You will be able to get yourself a realtree soft top. Just saying.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was all soft top, with the plan to add a hard top later; but two things forced my hand into the MIC: 1) No factory hookups for the hard top unless you order it with the truck and 2) I haven't seen one single factory standard soft top that didn't have badly wrinkled windows....what is up with that? New SofTops on Jeeps aren't like that....

So I'm getting the MIC, which now looks much better in the current version, and will buy a soft top later. Probably the SofTop fastback version.
Sponsored