Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wondered the same, and think I figured it out, but.....

Stand alone Soft Top - $600 (USD)
Stand alone Hard Top - $1,295 (USD)
Total - $1,895 (USD)
I think I have a different take and came up with different numbers.
Base price = includes soft top
Hard top - soft top = hard top upgrade price: $600
Full cost of MIC top = Dual Top option = $1895

So working backwards that comes up with a soft top stand alone price of $1295, but who knows? Researching Jeep soft top prices bare bones ones are about that price all the way up to $2000 - $2300 for fancier options. Also it seems like after market Jeep hard tops are at least $3k so maybe $1895 for dual top is just a really good deal.

Getting a hard top also means extra wiring / washer line so maybe the upgrade cost is more than just the top. I'm hoping that the switch is still there on the stalk and it's not too expensive to add that stuff in after market.

I went soft top only as I asked my friend who used to own a Jeep and he said you want the top down as much as possible and hard top is such a PITA to take off and store that you never want to mess with it. I would have done Dual Top in a heart beat if they had the white available.
Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all. Iā€™ve got an OB ordered with the MIC top because I want the hookups. I didnā€™t order the duel tops because Iā€™m guessing I wonā€™t get the car until fall or even into 2022 and figured I could either order a soft top from Ford or another manufacturer at that point. But of course now Iā€™m second guessing myself. Do you all think the aftermarket soft tops will be as good or better than factory soft options and possibly available by spring/summer 2022?
This is a great point I had not considered. I am also anticipating late summer/early fall for these 3 reasons:
Painted Black Modular Top
2.7L
2-Door

So, I noticed the Dual Tops was $2,495 with the Mod top or just $1,895 for the Painted Mod, making the factory soft top $600.

As you put it, whatā€™s the rush in spending $600 if the First 6 months are all the colder months of the year (Missouri)? I might be better waiting for the after market.

$600 might not be a bad deal, but I donā€™t foresee myself forgoing the hard top for the chance of a nice couple of weekends in October. Iā€™ll just take off the top panels.

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just had a conversation with my wife about the top on my planned order.

I hadnā€™t fully thought through the issue of a roof rack on a removable hard top. So Iā€™ll be getting the mod top and a bimini and deleting the roof rack.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a great point I had not considered. I am also anticipating late summer/early fall for these 3 reasons:
Painted Black Modular Top
2.7L
2-Door

So, I noticed the Dual Tops was $2,495 with the Mod top or just $1,895 for the Painted Mod, making the factory soft top $600.

As you put it, whatā€™s the rush in spending $600 if the First 6 months are all the colder months of the year (Missouri)? I might be better waiting for the after market.

$600 might not be a bad deal, but I donā€™t foresee myself forgoing the hard top for the chance of a nice couple of weekends in October. Iā€™ll just take off the top panels.
There seems to be more than 1 soft top available. There's one on the accessories list that says "fully retractable soft top" at $2229.00

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all. Iā€™ve got an OB ordered with the MIC top because I want the hookups. I didnā€™t order the duel tops because Iā€™m guessing I wonā€™t get the car until fall or even into 2022 and figured I could either order a soft top from Ford or another manufacturer at that point. But of course now Iā€™m second guessing myself. Do you all think the aftermarket soft tops will be as good or better than factory soft options and possibly available by spring/summer 2022?
My personal experience with aftermarket tops is they're often as good if not better. There are some great companies that will listen to complaints and fix that. If it were me, I'd go MIC then get a fastback style top since the sole purpose of a soft top is quick pull back. Hope this helps!

Cheers.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really wanted soft top only, but with the wiring/plumbing for hard top in case I don't like the soft one. Only softy I have experience with is in a Miata some 20 years ago, tiny soft top on a tiny car, won't compare to a 4 door massive brick in the wind.
Then I was going to go with MIC only and maybe change out later, but shipping a huge heavy box with a soft top is going to cost a bundle in addition to the top itself. So I went with dual, realizing that I might loose some $ on it if I end up not liking one or the other, but I'll be set for both to try out, which is worth some money. And I guess the soft top will just be in the trunk when I get my BL with the MIC top delivered, so no extra shipping cost.

We'll see I guess. I'm not a fan of the plastic windows, but I also doubt I'll be looking out the sides in the back all that much and in rear there's a giant tire in the way already.

It is not an easy decision though. Hope I'll be happy with mine.

If somebody makes a sunrider that covers all 3 front panels I'm sure I'll get that and sell the soft top though, all I really want is fast and easy access to blue sky above me, w/o having to deal with bags and panels and storage. We'll see...

OP
OP

MiddleAgeGeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I honestly don't understand why Ford/Jeep don't allow a buyer to prewire the items for a hard top as an option even if being delivered with only a soft top.....

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There seems to be more than 1 soft top available. There's one on the accessories list that says "fully retractable soft top" at $2229.00
The ones in the accessory list are the ones made by Bestop. They are the fastback versions. They are currently only available after delivery as an accessory.

The one that comes from Ford from the factory on the 4-door is made by Webasto (and Is the more traditionally squared back). We donā€™t know what the cost at the parts counter will be for it yet.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I honestly don't understand why Ford/Jeep don't allow a buyer to prewire the items for a hard top as an option even if being delivered with only a soft top.....
Because if it saves them $3 a vehicle times 35k vehicles a year...

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really wanted soft top only, but with the wiring/plumbing for hard top in case I don't like the soft one. Only softy I have experience with is in a Miata some 20 years ago, tiny soft top on a tiny car, won't compare to a 4 door massive brick in the wind.
Then I was going to go with MIC only and maybe change out later, but shipping a huge heavy box with a soft top is going to cost a bundle in addition to the top itself. So I went with dual, realizing that I might loose some $ on it if I end up not liking one or the other, but I'll be set for both to try out, which is worth some money. And I guess the soft top will just be in the trunk when I get my BL with the MIC top delivered, so no extra shipping cost.

We'll see I guess. I'm not a fan of the plastic windows, but I also doubt I'll be looking out the sides in the back all that much and in rear there's a giant tire in the way already.

It is not an easy decision though. Hope I'll be happy with mine.

If somebody makes a sunrider that covers all 3 front panels I'm sure I'll get that and sell the soft top though, all I really want is fast and easy access to blue sky above me, w/o having to deal with bags and panels and storage. We'll see...
I too am hoping for a sun rider for the front 2 3rds of the roof

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too am hoping for a sun rider for the front 2 3rds of the roof
I just randomly came across the soft top operation video from Bronco Nation again, and really, somebody just has to design a 'sunrider' soft top that's only the first part/section of the regular soft top, since it opens over both rows. Fold that back on the rest of the hard top and done, that would be my perfect thing. Also an other reason why I have no interest in the modular painted top, I'd not want my sunrider to scratch up paint, a MIC plastic top I won't care. I'd also never pop out the little side windows on the modular, don't see the point, but that's just me.

I'm sure aftermarket will be quick with such a solution.
Sponsored