Sponsored

Dumb running lights / turn signal question.

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even if they come that way, typically there is an aftermarket solution. I too cant stand the looks of it. Before I bought my ZR2 I looked at a Silverado which had that "issue". There was a $100 aftermarket solution to keep the DRL on and also use the turn signal. So there is hope.
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So my guess is.....

On the higher trim with the signature lighting, the halo will stay on when the turn signal is activated and the center bar will change from white to amber.

On the lower trims the headlights themselves will be the DRL at a dimmer level and the center bar will light up when signals are activated. Even though the headlights on the lower trims are LED, I'd say the turn signals are still incandescent.

Speaking for myself I think LED signature lighting and LED DRL look neat. But once a small section burns out they look ridiculous. And are not cheap to have to replace the whole headlight housing.

Ford Bronco Dumb running lights / turn signal question. 847E9AEA-739E-4FFC-9189-220FC60C315A

OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We’re at the point where we’re complaining about things that’ll never be noticed when one is actually driving the vehicle. This is sad.

I am guessing you clicked on the thread just to post that response without actually doing any reading. If you scroll through, no one here is complaining but instead answering the question and providing sources and reasoning for those answers.

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One of my newly founded pet peeves is that running lights now double as the front blinker on newer models with LED's.
I stand corrected. We’re at the point where *you’re* complaining about things that’ll never be noticed when *you’re* actually driving the vehicle.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So my guess is.....

On the higher trim with the signature lighting, the halo will stay on when the turn signal is activated and the center bar will change from white to amber.

On the lower trims the headlights themselves will be the DRL at a dimmer level and the center bar will light up when signals are activated. Even though the headlights on the lower trims are LED, I'd say the turn signals are still incandescent.

Speaking for myself I think LED signature lighting and LED DRL look neat. But once a small section burns out they look ridiculous. And are not cheap to have to replace the whole headlight housing.

Ford Bronco Dumb running lights / turn signal question. 847E9AEA-739E-4FFC-9189-220FC60C315A
I thought the base lights didn't have that horizontal bar ?

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They have a different style horizontal bar.
Ford Bronco Dumb running lights / turn signal question. vehicle (4)
I could see this not having DRL as standard, that's not mandatory in the USA afaik.

Most manufacturers are putting DRL on as style points
They aren't required

I prefer the fully separate turn signal of this model above

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I could see this not having DRL as standard, that's not mandatory in the USA afaik.

Most manufacturers are putting DRL on as style points
They aren't required

I prefer the fully separate turn signal of this model above
It may have a DRL setting, but that will be just putting the headlight on in the day.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It may have a DRL setting, but that will be just putting the headlight on in the day.
Isn't that just called your parking lights?

My BMW is so old it has the angel eyes but they're not on by default, if I want to look "cool" I turn on my parking lights. I am rarely actually cool so they're usually just off

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't that just called your parking lights?

My BMW is so old it has the angel eyes but they're not on by default, if I want to look "cool" I turn on my parking lights. I am rarely actually cool so they're usually just off
DRLs, that aren't dedicated LED lighting, are typically the high beam at a very low brightness setting. This achieves better conspicuity because it is aimed higher, but doesn't blind oncoming drivers on account of the lower power.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We’re at the point where we’re complaining about things that’ll never be noticed when one is actually driving the vehicle. This is sad.
Yeah, I like it on other peoples cars because it males them easier to notice and I will never see it on my vehicle.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't see 'em from the driver's seat. Like my bald head, as long as I do not look into a mirror, I think I look hot....:p

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I notice the lighting on my car regularly off the reflections. Sometimes I make a point of it to ensure everything is working. ??‍♂

sQuirly

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL 2dr 6mt, 16 First, 87 635csi
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my guess is.....

Ford Bronco Dumb running lights / turn signal question. vehicle (4)
Let's take a moment to recognize how far out the side view signal makes the grill stick out.
Sponsored