Sponsored

Dumbest reason you’re choosing a Bronco, particular trim, or option??

adrewpower

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BL or WT 4dr. Because I can’t convince my money manager(wife) that a new C8 corvette is in our best interests for a top down driving experience with a kid and two dogs.

:slumps shoulders and hangs head as he wipes a tear and slowly walks away.

Can I get an amen for 1st world problems? This is such a petty thing.
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
For once I'm being smart. I'm going with the base so that my wife may let me get it. Well, hopefully 2022 she'll be cool with it at least.

-=[P@]=-

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger 4.0L, '18 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, so what’s the dumbest reason you’re choosing a Bronco or a particular trim or option?

I’ll go first. I’m choosing the Badlands because I can’t stand the idea of having an open switch space on the off-road hero panel. Guess I have OCD.
Is that why I chose Badlands? I thought it was because it was the only one with that Grille!

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"For my money you just can't beat Michael Bolton when he sings 'When a Man Loves a Woman,'" and you just can't beat the American automobile styling of the 60's. I have never "really" wanted a car produced after 1973 because of how beautiful they were back then. However, I love today's technology, I like my shit to work, be strong, and efficient and safe. I really like me some new Bronco, they hit all my targets and make me smile. They look old school but roll new school!

I'm pretty settled on the BL w/Lux (really for the ACC and Sound System). The BL, because I am not sure what I am going to do in the wild, but I know the BL can do everything the others can, but not vice versa. The Warthog doesn't count.

LOL, I am going to put in carpeted floor mats and cloth seat covers like a WildTrak though!!! LOL!!!

Last edited:

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because I love when environmentalists cry. My low gas mileage, high carbon footprint and smashing through virgin forests will bring on much wailing and gnashing of teeth. I will feed on their anguish like a Skeksis drinking essence of Gelfling.
If by ‘feeding on anguish’ you mean; ruin the hobby for everyone else that respects local trails and vegetation, then good job — you’ve answered the OP’s topic sufficiently.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lux pkg for heated steering wheel. ?‍♂

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"For my money you just can't beat Michael Bolton when he sings 'When a Man Loves a Woman,'" and you just can't beat the American automobile styling of the 60's. I have never "really" wanted a car produced after 1973 because of how beautiful they were back then. However, I love today's technology, I like my shit to work, be strong, and efficient and safe. I really like me some new Bronco, they hit all my targets and make me smile. They look old school but roll new school!

I'm pretty settled on the BL w/Lux (really for the ACC and Sound System). The BL, because I am not sure what I am going to do in the wild, but I know the BL can do everything the others can, but not vice versa. The Warthog doesn't count.

LOL, I am going to put in carpeted floor mats and cloth seat covers like a WildTrak though!!! LOL!!!

What's this Michael Bolton crap? Seriously. That song doesn't get any better than when Percy belted it out. Just as good today as it was then.
That was a dumb reason.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's this Michael Bolton crap? Seriously. That song doesn't get any better than when Percy belted it out. Just as good today as it was then.
That was a dumb reason.
Not a Brett Easton Ellis fan?

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If by ‘feeding on anguish’ you mean; ruin the hobby for everyone else that respects local trails and vegetation, then good job — you’ve answered the OP’s topic sufficiently.
The goal here was of course a dumb :) reason. I hoped the Dark Crystal reference was absurd enough to carry the day.

Ford Bronco Dumbest reason you’re choosing a Bronco, particular trim, or option?? 1601639558707

I’m actually quite the Leave No Trace kind of person. It cheeses me off when I see people having dumped their trash on the hiking trails around here. That granola bar wrapper and soda bottle shouldn’t be there ... NYC area seems to me to be particularly bad. They trash the parks that they can get to on charter buses. Bear Mountain is a royal mess with garbage.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife wants a tall 4x4 because of Wisconsin snow, despite the fact she has never gotten her FWD Fusion stuck.

Gotta bump up to Lux package for heated steering wheel and adaptive cruise. I won't be driving it much but when I do, I want adaptive cruise. It's hard to go without now.

Sponsored

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands or Wildtrack because sometimes I can't tell if the roads are actually paved or not here in Lincoln NE. Figure the Off-road chops should help smooth some of them out a little, and Lux for Adaptive Cruise Control for my Commute.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm gonna have to go with a manual (but I want the 2.7 anyway so no big deal) because the only way I could make the purchase of a Tacoma for my wife work 2 years ago was if she went with the manual...and I refuse to have only 2 manuals in the garage (I've had an ankle injury in the past that prevented me from driving a manual....while my only vehicle was a manual ('05 Frontier).

Gonna have to be a BL or BD, gonna be Squatched (because I want 35's) even though it would probably be cheaper to not Squatch it and just lift it myself and put 35's. Can't fit 35's on my F150 without removing the crash bars or some absurd lift so...

Badlands or Wildtrack because sometimes I can't tell if the roads are actually paved or not here in Lincoln NE. Figure the Off-road chops should help smooth some of them out a little, and Lux for Adaptive Cruise Control for my Commute.
You should just wait for the Warthog, I hear Raptors do a great job smoothing out the potholes around here.

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL because it looks perfect sitting on 33s and that Bilstein suspension

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk; ‘20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands is just a cool name (and a favorite roadtripping place to go when I was a youngster).
Sponsored