Sponsored

Dumbest reason you’re choosing a Bronco, particular trim, or option??

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

because I want it. I have zero need for it, I just haven't bought a new car in 17 years and this one excites me. Badlands 2.7 auto sasquatch Lux is what I want and am lucky enough to be able to get. Does it make any sense to spend that much on a car? No, and I can't really see any other car besides the Bronco or Wrangler that at least delivers unlimited fun for that cash.

I hope to hit many cool trails, get into road trips again instead of flying and renting a car, see some of the parts of this country I haven't seen yet, and take the backroads to get there. That's the idea, will it ever happen? Who knows.

I'd want a yacht and private airplane too, 7 beach front mansions and a base on the moon, alas, this Bronco fun machine is actually not made of unobtanium, so I'll settle for that :)
Fun thread idea!

Oh, all that plus the OP's empty switch spot, that would drive me nuts, they should at least put a dome light switch in there or something, not that empty 'na na na nah na, you didn't get the next level' empty thing staring at me all day ? Ticks me off in my Taco that there's a little removable plate on the dash where who knows what switch could have gone but isn't there ;-p
Sponsored

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so what’s the dumbest reason you’re choosing a Bronco or a particular trim or option?

I’ll go first. I’m choosing the Badlands because I can’t stand the idea of having an open switch space on the off-road hero panel. Guess I have OCD.
Badlands so I can get vinyl seats, drain plug floors, and a the High package for sound deadening. Only a FE and a Badlands can do this. (If they sell the sound deadening stuff on it's own, I might add it to a black diamond squatch, but not likely)

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In 1984 my parents bought a new Bronco II. First night it was at home I folded down the back seats and slept in it. Still own it. Bought a 1996 Bronco, was built 2 weeks before the line closed. Still own it. OMO the Bronco is the perfect vehicle for any occasion. Commuting to work, grocery getting, weekend fun, hauling tools and equipment to a work site, it's one car that does it all and looks good doing it.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have had Mercedes, bmw’s, F150’s, Toyota’s - I’m getting an 2 door, outer banks with the lux package- because I am a crazy old bastard living the American dream. ( in my new Bronco)

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Taday I am leaning towards Big Bend because I have always had empty fog lamp sockets on all my vehicles, no more. Until tomorrow when I am back to Base. Not going to get Black Diamond because I need someplace for my sunglasses and hate the switch pack.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because I like the looks of the Black Diamond badge the best! ?

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no justification for spending $50+K for a vehicle that I will use for its intended purpose like twice a year and could probably spend closer to $40K if I didn't want the big screen.......

but here I am ;)

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond.....there's lots of reasons why I AM getting the BD, but the silliest one is I want the AUX switches and to be able to wire them up to stupid stuff with labels.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I signed up for a wt now it looks like a base 7mt it will give me something to tinker with as i never leave anything alone the bbq grill has off road tires on it ?

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
High package for the sound deadening materials.:unsure:

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because 16 year old me wanted a damn Bronco and Ford discontinued them the next year. 2 decades of shopping for a used Bronco while watching their prices climb and climb and climb turned me into a lunatic willing to drop $40k on a vehicle sight-unseen.

And somehow I still feel like Ford is doing me a favor...

Ford Bronco Dumbest reason you’re choosing a Bronco, particular trim, or option?? giphy