Sponsored

Dumbest reason you’re choosing a Bronco, particular trim, or option??

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me it is all about the tech... and specifically the 12" screen.

OB was the initial thought because starting with the Mid and going to High or Lux wouldn't be a "major" jump, not to mention auto trans was standard.

Then switched to BL due to the better off road capabilities that come standard AND vinyl seats and rubber floors, which are needed due to 1 year old golden retriever who's preference is to hit every source of water known to man.

Then cost of a High/Lux BL with auto is kind of scary... so thought of the BD cause that is the only other model w/vinyl & rubber... but alas only 8" screen...

At end of the day... getting the extra 4" on the screen is going to be the reason for OB Lux or BL High/Lux.
Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me it is all about the tech... and specifically the 12" screen.

OB was the initial thought because starting with the Mid and going to High or Lux wouldn't be a "major" jump, not to mention auto trans was standard.

Then switched to BL due to the better off road capabilities that come standard AND vinyl seats and rubber floors, which are needed due to 1 year old golden retriever who's preference is to hit every source of water known to man.

Then cost of a High/Lux BL with auto is kind of scary... so thought of the BD cause that is the only other model w/vinyl & rubber... but alas only 8" screen...

At end of the day... getting the extra 4" on the screen is going to be the reason for OB Lux or BL High/Lux.

I am curious as to why the larger screen is so important? I have not see any mention of increased functionality on the larger screen.

I personally want at least High package because of all the creature comforts, and possibly Lux depending on pricing for adaptive cruise.

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because I'm still kicking myself for buying a Discovery instead of a Defender in '95 (but I still drove the sh!t out of that Discovery, even after two blown head gaskets).

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why.... A) because I wanted to tell my wife I had put down a deposit on a new Bronco just to see her face B) because I have been jonesing for a Rubicon for several years but there are just too many Jeeps on the road. C) 4-Door Wildtrak because I missed the FE group and I like all of the boujee options riding on 35”s.... and said wife wouldn’t let me go out and drop an additional $5K if I bought a new vehicle....

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious as to why the larger screen is so important? I have not see any mention of increased functionality on the larger screen.

I personally want at least High package because of all the creature comforts, and possibly Lux depending on pricing for adaptive cruise.
Why larger screens.... really?! Just like I told my wife.... because everything looks better on an 82” flat screen.

Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going Badlands because I want the rubber floors and vinyl interior and still have access to the Lux package, but also knowing I can pretty much guarantee you I will never NEED a disconnecting sway bar.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands because I want the sway-bar disconnect...I think I will disconnect it quite a bit because it is there, but probably won't benefit from it a ton the way I wheel a truck...but I want it just in case, and am paying a pretty big premium for it over the Black Diamond that I would order if I could get it on that trim.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have someone confirmed wtf is a high-level instrument panel yet?

Btw I'm going OBX because it's "only" 5k over the base trim here in canada. I think it's a good deal (10 auto + mid package + OBX's extras) for 5k.
Was there ever an answer to the "high-level instrument panel" question?

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK - I reserved and OB, but then started thinking about the BD with the Squatch package, not I am wondering if it is better to just go for the WildTrak. Does the WT come with the Squatch as part of the build? Also does it include the Mid Package as well?

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm getting a base because I'm poor and dislike complexity.

I'm getting the Sasquatch package because of the upgraded axle, 35s and lockers.

I'm getting a manual because I'm a manual snob ?

Sponsored

TroutTrooper

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Obviously it's the old TV ads where some guy shouts "BRONCO!"

Sold.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want one, because I miss my Wrangler.

Ford Bronco Dumbest reason you’re choosing a Bronco, particular trim, or option?? BVnrcaa

I want one, because I like driving dirty vehicles and that I'm too lazy to wash my current vehicle when it needs it.

Ford Bronco Dumbest reason you’re choosing a Bronco, particular trim, or option?? 2FEipya

I want one, because I've not bought a new vehicle in over a year.

I want one, because I can't take the money with me when I die.

I want one, because I just want one.

Last edited:

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For 17 years now, my wife has referred to me as a Sasquatch due to my excessive body hair - yet the stuff on the head is rapidly going away. I may have to shave the rest off or start combing-over my back hair soon!

She does have a point - whenever I take my shirt off at the lake, sasquatch sightings skyrocket.

When I mentioned that the off road goodies were available with the 'sasquatch' package she replied 'Oh you HAVE to get that package!' Who am I to argue with that sort of sound logic?

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2dr Badlands, manual
In high school I drove a manual 1990 Bronco ii. I loved that thing, havent found another since it died in 2006.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My reason for buying is because I wear a hat with Sasquatch on it.
Have to have one.
And my F150 with the 2.7 EB has been excellent. Love that engine!
Sponsored