First Name
Marta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did money exchange hands, and did you sign anything?

JR
It was all done on ford.com. I paid the 100 reservation, then paid the 500 order fee all online. Ford then forwarded the sale to Dundee Ford. There is no paper trail. All confirmations are through email from ford.com.
Sponsored

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree but I will also say it doesnt matter the dealership. They all will screw you. Just because one person has a great experience at a dealership doesnt mean the exact opposite doesnt happen to another person at that dealership. None of them care a bit about you. Thats why (generally) after you buy a vehicle all those nice friendly faces in the service department are ready to stab you in the back when you go in with a warranty issue. All scum.
Then go buy a Tesla and skip the dealerships. The point is the manufacturer is responsible here for failing to prevent their franchises from turning to scum. Ford could have chosen to prevent this type of behavior but they’ve intentionally stayed hands off, pretending there’s nothing they can do.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
^
|

This exactly. I could tell my dealership has the attitude of "I'm a franchise, not Ford itself. I do what I want"

Waiting a year and a half for a first edition (or even longer for a bronco like some of you) and then getting screwed over like that is just wrong and shouldn't be happening.

Blaine23

Big Bend
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did money exchange hands, and did you sign anything?

JR
He paid a deposit. That should be enough. This has all happened before and it will happen again.

In these threads, we get mad and then some of us blame the guy who's just trying to buy a Bronco. "I visited the dealership every 20 minutes for 2 years. You should've had them sign this iron-clad napkin."

And it keeps happening.

Here is the simple truth. This happens because @Ford Motor Company lets it happen. Again and again. They've had more than ample opportunity to stick up for their consumers against their own shady dealers and they don't. They could impose penalties on dealers who do this, but they don't.

At the end of the day, we can complain and make noise on social media, give bad google reviews or even get a Jalopnik article. Sometimes it even works to shame the dealership into being decent human beings. But this shouldn't be our problem to solve.

Ultimately, Ford created this problem and they should fix it or just quit with the reservation stuff if they can't make it work.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was all done on ford.com. I paid the 100 reservation, then paid the 500 order fee all online. Ford then forwarded the sale to Dundee Ford. There is no paper trail. All confirmations are through email from ford.com.
Then you have a contract. The dealership can't void your contract, and Ford needs to get involved. I suggest you find a lawyer who does pro bono work, that will write you a strongly worded letter to the dealership.

He paid a deposit. That should be enough. This has all happened before and it will happen again.

In these threads, we get mad and then some of us blame the guy who's just trying to buy a Bronco. "I visited the dealership every 20 minutes for 2 years. You should've had them sign this iron-clad napkin."

And it keeps happening.

Here is the simple truth. This happens because @Ford Motor Company lets it happen. Again and again. They've had more than ample opportunity to stick up for their consumers against their own shady dealers and they don't. They could impose penalties on dealers who do this, but they don't.

At the end of the day, we can complain and make noise on social media, give bad google reviews or even get a Jalopnik article. Sometimes it even works to shame the dealership into being decent human beings. But this shouldn't be our problem to solve.

Ultimately, Ford created this problem and they should fix it or just quit with the reservation stuff if they can't make it work.
Hey, I'm with you! This is a clear violation of established contract law, and OP needs to get in touch with the state BBB, attorney general, and a local lawyer. I'd also start calling whatever local TV station does investigative journalism. I'd leave no stone unturned in dealing with this.

JR

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you explain how this would be accomplished exactly? I see this advice a lot, but how would you actually do it?
I would start with customer service. Ask them for Farley's mailing address. Look up the Board Members (including Faley) and send them all letters. Tell them you plan to go to the media, give them a deadline for a response and resolution. Through questioning at the Customer Service Dept, ask for a Manager if need be, ascertain who deals with, who is the liaison that deals with Dealer issues and complaints from customers. I would demand an immediate resolution, for them to locate a like build, in-stock somewhere and make sure that it is sold to me at MSRP or whatever the initial agreed upon pricing was. Preferably at a different Dealer. If not, they can do a Code Priority 1 build to get a replacement to "me" in a few weeks.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

800 Dundee Ave, East Dundee, IL 60118
The GM, Alec, has been there for less than 2 months. He's blaming it on Ford. Ford is blaming it on Dundee Ford.
Ahh the standard game to play... It is so easy to blame someone else than to own up to mistakes right? I hate that it happened to you, I really do.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone please make a new thread, call it a PSA and tell people, if you get an email you Bronco is built, CONTACT the dealer! Every time I see these posts, it seems that no one reaches out, they WAIT for the dealer to contact them. Next thing you know, sold to someone else. Come on people, put a little bit of effort into this and avoid stuff like this.
I will agree with your statement but it is also not a criticism of anything the OP did or did not do here. This Dealer probably would have done this anyway.
But....YES, you must COMMUNICATE with your Dealer. I waited two years to get my Bronco. I had a great relationship with my Salesman. I did not want to bother him that first 18 months or so...but we talked about every 3 months or when there was a need to, to re-order, etc. When my Bronco was scheduled, he called me before I got an email. Same with build, shipping and arrival....calls from him. If not I would be contacting him as well. When the Semi pulled onto their lot with my Bronco on board, he sent me a photo before it was ever off loaded. Communication and building a relationship with the Dealer is very important and may avoid some of these types of issues.
All that said, this Dealer should be shredded. That was the OP's reservation tied to that vehicle. That Bronco would never have been shipped to that Dealer without the OP's reservation and order. Ford also has a verification process and will penalize Dealers when Broncos are not sold to the reservation holder. They are supposed to be doing name verification.

@Ford Motor Company; You know I have been very happy with my
Ford Bronco Dundee Ford Dealership sold my car! Arrival
purchase. PLEASE reach out to this OP and resolve this problem for them. Get Management involved. Thank you.

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree but I will also say it doesnt matter the dealership. They all will screw you. Just because one person has a great experience at a dealership doesnt mean the exact opposite doesnt happen to another person at that dealership. None of them care a bit about you. Thats why (generally) after you buy a vehicle all those nice friendly faces in the service department are ready to stab you in the back when you go in with a warranty issue. All scum.
🤣

SumDumGuy

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape 2L, 2" lift, 235/60R17
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will agree with your statement but it is also not a criticism of anything the OP did or did not do here. This Dealer probably would have done this anyway.
But....YES, you must COMMUNICATE with your Dealer. I waited two years to get my Bronco. I had a great relationship with my Salesman. I did not want to bother him that first 18 months or so...but we talked about every 3 months or when there was a need to, to re-order, etc. When my Bronco was scheduled, he called me before I got an email. Same with build, shipping and arrival....calls from him. If not I would be contacting him as well. When the Semi pulled onto their lot with my Bronco on board, he sent me a photo before it was ever off loaded. Communication and building a relationship with the Dealer is very important and may avoid some of these types of issues.
All that said, this Dealer should be shredded. That was the OP's reservation tied to that vehicle. That Bronco would never have been shipped to that Dealer without the OP's reservation and order. Ford also has a verification process and will penalize Dealers when Broncos are not sold to the reservation holder. They are supposed to be doing name verification.

@Ford Motor Company; You know I have been very happy with my
Ford Bronco Dundee Ford Dealership sold my car! Arrival
purchase. PLEASE reach out to this OP and resolve this problem for them. Get Management involved. Thank you.
I have not had a single bit of contact from ford that wasnt me reaching out to the company. My dealer has been great but they dont get much information either.

Sponsored

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a Hummer reservation and I will be following what I laid out above.
I would do a little research on these new Hummer's before buying... know a guy who works at a pretty big GMC dealership here and they have sold 2 year to date and he says they have both been in and out of shop with computer and electrical issues as most of GM's EV's have... And ya I know the bronco has not had a great launch to date either, but it also doesn't start at $112,000

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would do a little research on these new Hummer's before buying... know a guy who works at a pretty big GMC dealership here and they have sold 2 year to date and he says they have both been in and out of shop with computer and electrical issues as most of GM's EV's have... And ya I know the bronco has not had a great launch to date either, but it also doesn't start at $112,000
Absolutely. I just spoke to my dealer and they said they can't sign a purchase agreement this far ahead of time. That worries me.

If it comes down to it, I may just cancel. I didn't get in on a first edition anyway.

and I just got done reading about a recall on them due to batteries not being sealed properly. yikes.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Black Diamond SAS - CPR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered day 1, and got my bronco about 10 miles from your dealership at Wickstrom Ford.

Great communication from multiple sales people, sold to me at MSRP with my price protection built in. I wouldn't hesitate from making another order with them, or buying anything else from them. I currently own 3 fords and they also do all the service on them.

They sent me a picture of the bronco the day it rolled off the trailer, even before I got the email from ford saying they would contact me. One of the smoothest and easiest vehicle purchases I have ever made, which was honestly very much appreciated after the long delays and horror stories I was hearing.

Head over to Wickstrom Ford for your next order. It will be worth the 10 mile drive.

Ford Bronco Dundee Ford Dealership sold my car! received_803965404069271

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can sympathize. The same thing happened to me with a First edition. It was delivered to the scumbag stealership. They wouldn't honor my deposit on it. We had a back and forth about it. He then said he was not going to sell it to me.

I say "It's my order, it's my Bronco" He says "No it's not, it's mine". And that's all she wrote.

It's just a small pos small town stealership. I was thinking I was helping the little guy. I learned my lesson. That specific little guy can you know what off.
I find this to be somewhat common with the advice that people always support a small local establishment whether it be for cars, guns, mechanic work, etc... Sometimes the small places are not so great, and some of the bigger ones are great, and got to be big based on their good reputation.
Sponsored