OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Park out front with a sign on your vehicle saying they are “Thieves, ask me why!” Then hand out a flyer with the details on it.
Sponsored

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Trail Boss LT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isn’t that mechanic from youtube from Dundee Ford? The same guy that says you cannot drive in 4A and will ruin your transfer case lol. This happened before with that dealership and he decided to make a video of the reasoning. I lost my respect from him right there.

EDIT
for your viewing pleasure “no communication and then wanted a mark up” lol

This idiot is completely full of crap; you can't have a signed bill of sale until you actually purchase something, and he kept saying "no communication from the guy" but it's the dealer who is supposed to communicate with the customer, unless this idiot wants every single customer who ordered a vehicle calling the dealership every hour to see if their ordered vehicle has been delivered. Sounds like Michael Scott from Dunder Mifflin Paper Co. started a car dealership and just went with Dundee!

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

To me, it’s hilarious that the mechanic is the one trying to explain things. Where is the sales rep and manager? Do they not want to explain themselves or are they hiding behind this guy lol.

Xrayphoton1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah the communication thing is bogus. I've preordered a lot of things in my life and the store always called and told me when it arrived instead of selling the thing instantly for a markup. that's how it's supposed to work. It's not your job to call every day asking if your item has arrived yet. OP put in the reservation, received all the emails with updates on his order. There's no way the dealer can say it wasn't his

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I know it sucks but I can highly recommend River View Ford in Oswego, IL. This is where I got my Bronco. They don't mess around, honor MSRP, and made the purchase process super quick and simple. Not terribly far from Dundee either for peace of mind. GM Jack is great along with the rest of the sales staff.

Sponsored

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About 1 ½ years ago, I placed an order for my very first brand new car.

I have been gitty with excitement for such a gluttonous yet very exciting purchase. About a month ago I finally got the email with my VIN and build date. Last week Ford sent me 2 emails. First saying my Bronco is built. The next, telling me it shipped to DUNDEE FORD and it would get there on my 50th birthday! DUNDEE FORD would then reach out to me to finalize the sale..

DUNDEE FORD did indeed get my order, but they sold it to someone else on 10/23. Im sure they made quite the profit on it..I spoke to the General Manager, Alec Freeman..He told me the car was never mine. I then received an email shortly after from DUNDEE FORD with confirmation of my deposit refund.

The order is now closed since the car is sold (again, not to me). Fords reply was to wait until the orders opened up and try again.
#FORD #BADBUSINESS

At the end of the day, Ill always have my Sexy Flexy, my health and my loves. But I thought it important to share the horrible business practices at DUNDEE FORD.
Just left a 1 star on Google. That is horrible, I couldn’t imagine. Unreal the BS some of these places pull.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn’t that mechanic from youtube from Dundee Ford? The same guy that says you cannot drive in 4A and will ruin your transfer case lol. This happened before with that dealership and he decided to make a video of the reasoning. I lost my respect from him right there.

EDIT

This “mechanic” is clueless & full of crap. He clearly doesn’t understand how a reputable dealership functions and therein lies the root of the problem.
At a reputable dealership they provide periodic status updates on your order and where it is at in the process. My salesman from a nearby competitor dealer called & emailed me with updates at least 6 times over the 10 month period from order placed to vehicle delivery. Once the Bronco arrived they scheduled a convenient time to drive it and process the sale.

Dundee Ford’s process seems distorted and dysfunctional. I’m betting that their process is heavily based on how much money they can make from the sale of a popular vehicle & has nothing to do with commonly accepted business practices. Had the ordered vehicle been some piece of crap that they couldn’t unload at a large profit, they likely would hold the customer’s feet to the fire who ordered it. Bottom line: avoid the bottom feeder dealers. It’s unfortunate for anyone who has to learn that lesson the hard way.

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

EDIT

Did this guy take this down? I can’t find it anymore. “There was no signed Bill of Sale, no Purchase Order”. How many of us that have been waiting since the first couple of days have done anything except put our $100 deposit down? I’m working with Stephens Auto in Danville, WV and I live in Boston. Since day 1 that I switched them to my dealer, they have sent mass emails to us as a group, guaranteeing the price we were given at the start. They emailed me before Ford to give me my build week, never asked if I wanted to buy it or that they were taking my order. Build date is tomorrow and I called and talked to the finance guy yesterday. They even pick up people flying in from the airport that are taking delivery of their Bronco.

Long story short, if the original post went down like he said, Dundee should bend over backwards to right the wrong. @StephensAutoCenter would have.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup... same dealership. They got a new GM, but inherited same nonsense from before.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dealer-doing-last-minute-markups-on-my-bronco.47575/

The auto technician that works there (Ford Boss Me) seems like a decent dude... but he is obviously completely in the dark about the nonsense happening in the sales department. Every so often someone will reach out via his YouTube channel for help... he'll approach the sales guys about it. But obviously the sales guys are only giving him part of the story and aren't telling the full truth.

He also got a ton of flak about 4-Auto. But he wasn't completely wrong about that—you ride around 365 days a year in 4-Auto like that owner was doing and you are going to put a ton of extra unnecessary stress on the transfer case. The ABS & wheel speed sensors aren't perfect and the transfer case is going to continually engage unnecessarily. That will wear it out over time. (Although obviously the issue with that particular Bronco he was working on was being towed in 4-Auto, not driving in 4-Auto.)

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I had a reservation from day one, converted to an order 2 weeks ago and the gave me a build date of Dec5. Will that date change a million times? Am I dreaming thinking it will build on Dec 5?

Sponsored

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
800 Dundee Ave, East Dundee, IL 60118
The GM, Alec, has been there for less than 2 months. He's blaming it on Ford. Ford is blaming it on Dundee Ford.
Sorry to hear this. If you do decide to order another, I went through Landmark Ford out of Springfield, Illinois and they were phenomenal. Easiest car buying experience ever. Honest straight shooters, but still have the wait.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As bad as this dealer is, and there are plenty more, just remember it’s Ford that turns a blind eye and allows it to happen. I love my Bronco, but this process has guaranteed I won’t buy another Ford.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll never buy an

Central Illinois isn’t much better. If you want an honest dealership go to Roanoke Ford in Roanoke Illinois. We’ll drive the three hours from now on to buy from them. I’ve bought two vehicles off them and tried to have my BRaptor switch to them. Ford wouldn’t allow it and it cost me.
I had a great experience with Landmark Ford in Springfield. Now that could just be me but they did mention the name matching and allocation loss if they didn't sale it to me. No silly addons or sales pressure unnecessary extended warranties. They offered but as soon as I said no they said "Can't blame us for taking a swing" and moved on and I have no problem with that.

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Straight up they boned you. The almighty $$$. Greedy Dealers looking for that bottom line for sure. "Rich" Say's no communications , Maybe I missed it. In the so called "3 months" did they Ever call at all??
Sponsored