l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a crock, I'm in northern IL and I'll be avoiding them completely. I want a Bronco bad, and wish I had put in the order months ago, but honestly it seems like it makes more and more sense to buy a 4Runner. Ugh, I really don't want to, but holy crap the run-around with Broncos
Sponsored

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PAINFUL to listen to. Obviously the dealer's spin is that the customer didn't call them to ask if the Bronco arrived. What a load of crap. I expect my dealer to let me know when my Bronco arrives. I don't need to call them every day.
"If we don't have any communication from the customer, what are we supposed to do?"

I dunno... call them?

"When you order a vehicle like this, you have to be in constant communication. If somebody sees that you just drop off the face of the earth and you're not coming after your purchase, they're going to do whatever they can to get that vehicle ready to sell, because someone else will buy it."

To me, "getting it ready for sale" would involve.... calling the person who ordered it? Warning them that accessories would be added, or that it would be considered and abandoned order if they didn't respond or come by?

That's not what this guy (in the video) is saying happened at all. And according to the comments, the dealer called the person who ordered it to notify them and put a bunch of extra junk on before he came in two days later. What a load. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same story here: "let's hope the person who ordered it doesn't realize it was built and came in, and we can consider it abandoned." 🤡

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dundee Ford Dealership sold my car! 1667043101179

OP
OP
First Name
Marta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just looked on their Google reviews and had to laugh. In the midst of all the 1 star reviews is a 5 star from today..went on and on about what a pleasant experience he had buying his new bronco at @dundeeford #dundeeford. He actually works at Dundee Ford! Looks like they're having their employees leave fake reviews?!

Sponsored

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just looked on their Google reviews and had to laugh. In the midst of all the 1 star reviews is a 5 star from today..went on and on about what a pleasant experience he had buying his new bronco at @dundeeford #dundeeford. He actually works at Dundee Ford! Looks like they're having their employees leave fake reviews?!
Is it possible that someone with the exact same name bought a Bronco from their dealership this week? Sure. Is it likely? I can't say for sure, but the timing sure is convenient!

edit: I deleted the screenshots, because I did find a public profile for someone with the same name, who did recently post a picture (this week) with their new Bronco. The problem? The profile also says he works for Dundee Ford.

So the review itself isn't a problem, but not disclosing in the review OR the response that it was written by an employee is a BIG PROBLEM! Hasn't anyone ever heard of a conflict of interest?

Fortunately, google has! And they make it easy to report:

Ford Bronco Dundee Ford Dealership sold my car! dundee2

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Marta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it possible that someone with the exact same name bought a Bronco from their dealership this week? Sure. Is it likely? I can't say for sure, but the timing sure is convenient!

edit: I deleted the screenshots, because I did find a public profile for someone with the same name, who did recently post a picture (this week) with their new Bronco. The problem? The profile also says he works for Dundee Ford.

So the review itself isn't a problem, but not disclosing in the review OR the response that it was written by an employee is a BIG PROBLEM! Hasn't anyone ever heard of a conflict of interest?

Fortunately, google has! And they make it easy to report:

Ford Bronco Dundee Ford Dealership sold my car! dundee2
Thanks for the info. I just reported it to Google

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Push this up the chain at the dealership and with Ford. Keep a communications record. It’s a lot of effort but you have been wronged and this Ford dealer should suffer a larger financial consequence which usually means bad PR. BBB should be involved as well but they’re largely toothless to a shady dealership. As I said before, “infuriating”.
Attorney General of the State of Illinois

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In order for this dealership to place a reservation to begin with, they needed your information, the customer information. The way I see it, they just used your identity, name, address, email address to get a product that they never intended to sale to you. What would that be called?
Fraud?

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting that the BBB reports on this dealer tells the whole story. They are rated one star out of five. The reports show a consistent pattern of screwing their customers is very creative ways.

There are two Ford dealers in the same general area of Northern Illinois which are highly respected, don’t play games, and have outstanding service centers. I’ve purchased from both dealers and would recommend them to any of my fellow Bronco compadres. Consider Wickstrom Ford in Barrington, or Buss Ford in McHenry. (I ordered and bought my Bronco from Buss Ford. Was a good experience at a great price and that’s where I go for service as well. In contrast to the one star BBB profile for Dundee Ford, Buss has a 5 star profile. That kind of says something right there.)

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Marta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting that the BBB reports on this dealer tells the whole story. They are rated one star out of five. The reports show a consistent pattern of screwing their customers is very creative ways.

There are two Ford dealers in the same general area of Northern Illinois which are highly respected, don’t play games, and have outstanding service centers. I’ve purchased from both dealers and would recommend them to any of my fellow Bronco compadres. Consider Wickstrom Ford in Barrington, or Buss Ford in McHenry. (I ordered and bought my Bronco from Buss Ford. Was a good experience at a great price and that’s where I go for service as well. In contrast to the one star BBB profile for Dundee Ford, Buss has a 5 star profile. That kind of says something right there.)
Unbelievable. I have learned a hard lesson here. I allowed Ford to pick the dealer..I didn't research that. I guess I had too much faith in humanity. Dammit.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just looked into it, review is left by Ronald Westhoff. There is also a Ron Westhoff that works there as a service advisor per the dealer website under "Meet out staff" link. I looked up the name on facebook and found a Ron Joseph that is tagged as @ron.westhoff.1 that works at Dundee Ford and has a picture of himself in front of the very same bronco pictured in the dealer's google review.

definitely an employee leaving reviews.

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These guys are the worst....they have 1 something star on dealer reviews.
Sponsored