Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks okay

I’m holding out on getting the steel front bumper and bash plates on my 4 door Sasquatch because

1. I want to see what my payload looks like first. I have a feeling steel bumper/bashplates may bring down my payload from 1000 to low 900s
2. Aftermarket may be lighter and I’ll at least know the weight of the item I’d be purchasing
3. Most important - No good solution of front mounting bracket. Hopefully solved via aftermarket

my only question looking forward is can we keep the stock plastic bash plates while replacing the front bumper with a metal one. And how ‘off’ will that look
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
The grille styled holes is a nice touch, but aren't each trim different? Wouldn't that make it look goofy if mismatched? This is a better looking bumper than the HD though it needs to lose the branding.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whats it made out of? Hopefully not something that rusts. If so, I wouldn’t consider if you live in areas that use salt or mag chloride during winters. And how hard will it be to get the caked mud out from behind the openings?

don’t see too many aftermarket options we’ll have due to the location of the intercooler.
Most aftermarket bumpers are steel...how quickly it rusts depends on the finish etc.. No big deal, and the factory modular is steel too.
As far as mud caking, it cakes regardless and you need to get it out. The holes might actually make it easier to clean from the front.

BadlandsBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Suzuki Samurai Modified, 2017 F-250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the hidden winch designs. I hope the guys at Trail Ready come up with one for my new BL.
Ford Bronco DV8 Front Bumper w/ Recessed Winch Previewed on Green 2021 Bronco 1B01F776-8F00-456F-BC46-2FA6D639E34D

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

DV8? More like DEFAK8....

Why would someone want to hide winch?
Having the winch recessed improves approach angle and keeps UV off the synthetic rope. Not too important at the mall though it does make it much harder to steal.

This is a somewhat serious question... Is it feasible to run the intercooler above the engine fed by a hood scoop like a Subaru?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks nice, several have mentioned it, but the number one issue bears repeating!

INTERCOOLER

INTERCOOLER

INTERCOOLER
Silly, CGI's don't have intercoolers...

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup theres only so many acorns a squirrel can stuff in his cheeks,space is at a premium up front wont know till we get them im hopeful though.
I said that because so many are criticizing the factory winch and mount vs. camera blockage but an aftermarket bumper with an internal winch (there is still only so much available space for a winch in there) may not solve the issue either. It is more of a camera location to me.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is a scaled overlay to see where the Warn Zeon 10S winch would go in the DV8 Bumper. You can see it gives us a complete, 100% blockage of direct airflow to the Intercooler and 100% blockage of the Radar Sensor Box.

The DV8 ventilation slots will provide some offset, turbulent airflow. The lower slots will provide very little airflow as they are below the Intercooler. Also note, it will require a Winch Control Unit Relocation Kit.

Ford Bronco DV8 Front Bumper w/ Recessed Winch Previewed on Green 2021 Bronco 1613239232140

Ford Bronco DV8 Front Bumper w/ Recessed Winch Previewed on Green 2021 Bronco 1613239518217

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here is a scaled overlay to see where the Warn Zeon 10S winch would go in the DV8 Bumper. Note it will require a Control Unit Relocation Kit.

You can see it gives us a complete, 100% blockage of the Intercooler airflow.

Ford Bronco DV8 Front Bumper w/ Recessed Winch Previewed on Green 2021 Bronco 1613239518217
Yep, I think the hidden mount tucked up in the bashplate, like the 4600 concept is a better idea. I've been noodling towbar mounts and winch mounting and that damn intercooler is always in the way.

Rough Country makes a neat hidden winch mount for the F150, but the fine print says V-8 only, not for Ecoboost engines :(