Reaction score
Website
dv8offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco's & Jeep's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our 6th Gen Bronco Rear Shock Skids were designed to protect the rear shocks from damage on the trail. The lower shock bolts, lower links & link mounts are susceptible to damage from striking large rocks or other obstacles when driving off-road. Our Shock Guards shield these components from contact with objects passing beneath your Bronco.

These skids are located on the lowest part of the rear axle, which helps you to slide right off of obstacles beneath you. Both the shock & link mount skids are a single piece, rather than separate skids, and tying them together improves their strength.

These will work with most aftermarket shocks. However, shocks with piggyback reservoirs that are locked on the bottom will not fit. These will also work with most lift kits and aftermarket links using Johnny Joints and Heim connections.

Key Features:
  • Protects Rear Shocks & Lower Links
  • Compatible with Most Aftermarket Shocks
  • Compatible with Most Lift Kits & Aftermarket Links
  • 3.5mm Steel Plating
  • Micro-Texture Black Powder Coat
  • Utilizes Factory Hardware
  • Simple Bolt-On Installation
Check it out here: https://dv8offroad.com/products/6th-gen-bronco-rear-shock-guard-skids

n-ford-bronco-shock-lower-link-skid-plate_1050x700.jpg
th-gen-bronco-shock-lower-link-skid-plate_1050x700.jpg
6th-gen-ford-bronco-rear-shock-skid-plate_1050x700.jpg
bronco-shock-skid-plate_1050x700.jpg

Technical Specifications:
  • Fitment: Direct Fit
  • Material: 3.5mm Steel
  • Finish: Micro-Texture Black Powder Coat
  • Weight: ≈ 9 lbs

Visit https://dv8offroad.com/pages/ford-bronco-bumpers-and-accessories to shop all of our Ford Bronco Parts and Accessories.
Plus... use code "ForumMember" at checkout for 10% off!
Sponsored

OffroadBandit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Can you confirm these will fit the badlands/sas shocks with the reservoirs?

Also, the code isn't currently working.

lucunup

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco. F150 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just finished installing both the shock & differential bash plates on my 2022 Outer Banks SAS Bronco. Firstly, they look GREAT! But, I have a few installation comments for DV8 and others to consider. No, it's not that hard to get them on but it took longer than their instructions lead you to believe unless you have the following info. So, here are my observations.

Shock plates:
Assuming you don't have a hoist, as my driveway doesn't have, make sure you have a jack to raise the body up to unload the spring tension from the lower shock bracket. Otherwise, you will not get the bolt to move toward the tire when it is loosened to get the bash plate installed. BTW, 330 ft-lbs of torque is a TON. Have a cheater bar for your breaker bar or a 2' breaker bar as I have, especially if you don't have a large impact driver.

Use a dead blow hammer or a bronze hammer to get the bolt to move toward the tire to get the gap needed. A rubber mallet just didn't do it. I also need a C-clamp to close the bracket back up as it sprung open slightly once I got the bolt loose making it even harder to move. You'll also need the hammer to move the bolt on the lower trailing arm. Make sure to move the nut all the way flush with the end of the bolt before hitting it so you don't bugger up the threads.

Otherwise, the installation went smoothly on the 2nd one as I spent all my time trying to figure out the above on the 1st one.

Differential plate:
If you have a factory sway bar as mine does, don't even try to install it before going to the store. I spent easily 1.5 hours trying to use the provided bolts and getting very frustrated. The DV8 bolts would work fine if you don't have a sway bar. So, do yourself a favor and go to the hardware store and get 4x M8x35mm class 10.9 flange head bolts, 4x 5/16 external star lock washers, and 4x 5/16" flat washers. The long and short of it, the provided bolts are too short with the addition of the sway bar bracket, the washers are too small and fall through the slots of the sway bar bracket and I went with the star lock washer as I was using a fanged bolt and it's thinner than the split washer. Also, you have to remove the factory studs, which snap out, that mount the sway bar as they will not work with the bash plate.

The other problem I had was the provided bolt plate falling out with the slightest push of a bolt. When that happens, you have to remove the bash plate to get your hand in and put it back. Very frustrating when you have one side in! Use a small dab of silicone seal in the middle of the plate, cleaning the surfaces 1st, to lightly hold the plate in place. You don't need to wait for it to dry as you want it to allow slight movement to align the nuts correctly.

One last thing, a C-clamp is your friend when you only have one person as it really takes 2 to install this plate. Using the clamp, lightly tightened, to hold one end when getting the other end attached worked fine. Also, watch out for the brake line that was slightly in the way on the driver's side on the rear of the differential. You don't want it under the bash plate!

Using the above hardware and silicone, I was easily able to install the bash plate in under 1.5 hours.

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4088.jpg

lucunup

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco. F150 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice! Can you confirm these will fit the badlands/sas shocks with the reservoirs?

They fit great on mine!
Ford Bronco DV8 Offroad | Rear Shock Guard Skid Plates IMG_4079

OP
OP
DV8offroad

DV8offroad

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dv8offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco's & Jeep's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes they do fit your Bronco, and I just tried the code and it's working? You are trying to use code "FORUMMEMBER" correct?
Sponsored