Sponsored

Dying/Swapping interior door trim-recommendations?

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi friends, I purchased a black OBX and unfortunately we do not have the option to have full black interior on that model. I have ordered full black leather interior seating from Katzkin, which will take care of the seats and includes leather covers for the center and door armrest. My car will come with the navy/onyx interior, so while the dashboard may be a no go, I am looking at options to match the plastic door trim that is navy/blue to my black seats.

If these pieces can be popped out and I can order those pieces from Ford parts in black that would solve my problem. But my expectation is that you have to order the entire door panel. Otherwise, I think my only option would be to dye the plastic inserts black. Based on that information would anyone have any recommendations for me to achieve my goal? Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I uses this on classic cars
COLOR COAT™ AEROSOLS
by SEM

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi friends, I purchased a black OBX and unfortunately we do not have the option to have full black interior on that model. I have ordered full black leather interior seating from Katzkin, which will take care of the seats and includes leather covers for the center and door armrest. My car will come with the navy/onyx interior, so while the dashboard may be a no go, I am looking at options to match the plastic door trim that is navy/blue to my black seats.

If these pieces can be popped out and I can order those pieces from for parts in black that would solve my problem. But my expectation is that you have to order the entire door panel. Otherwise, I think my only option would be to dye the plastic inserts black. Based on that information would anyone have any recommendations for me to achieve my goal? Thanks!
I ordered seats too but didn’t know they can do leather on console and arm rest. How much was that to do If you don’t mind me asking? They are coming in a few weeks to install.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered seats too but didn’t know they can do leather on console and arm rest. How much was that to do If you don’t mind me asking? They are coming in a few weeks to install.
My shop was told the center and door arm rests were included in the kit. I got the kit with perforated heated/cooled seats. Not sure if that made a difference. Whole kit was $3,200.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My shop was told the center and door arm rests were included in the kit. I got the kit with perforated heated/cooled seats. Not sure if that made a difference. Whole kit was $3,200.
Any interior/upholstery shop should be able to wrap the door panel pieces in vinyl or leather to match the rest of your interior. The dash is doable but I could understand some shops not wanting to take that on (speaking from experience, I’ve wrapped a Bronco dash)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any interior/upholstery shop should be able to wrap the door panel pieces in vinyl or leather to match the rest of your interior. The dash is doable but I could understand some shops not wanting to take that on (speaking from experience, I’ve wrapped a Bronco dash)
good to know. May just have to take to a few places and see what they say.

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm kinda bringing this back from the dead, but any pictures of that wrapped bronco dash? I'm getting a base and thinking about changing it up when I install Katzkins

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm kinda bringing this back from the dead, but any pictures of that wrapped bronco dash? I'm getting a base and thinking about changing it up when I install Katzkins
This is the only picture I could find, at least gives you an idea. The stitching runs the full width. This was Katzkins heavy duty XT leather.
Ford Bronco Dying/Swapping interior door trim-recommendations? E92F55B6-8FD9-4FC4-85E3-D99EFD58B454

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is the only picture I could find, at least gives you an idea. The stitching runs the full width. This was Katzkins heavy duty XT leather.
Ford Bronco Dying/Swapping interior door trim-recommendations? E92F55B6-8FD9-4FC4-85E3-D99EFD58B454
Thanks for tracking that down. In your opinion did it look clean/OEM or closer to a stitched on leather steering wheel cover?

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for tracking that down. In your opinion did it look clean/OEM or closer to a stitched on leather steering wheel cover?
Very clean look. Made a custom template to follow the contours of the dash, then glued down over 1/4” backing foam. If you look at the Bronco Raptors dash, they did more or less the same thing from the factory

Sponsored

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very clean look. Made a custom template to follow the contours of the dash, then glued down over 1/4” backing foam. If you look at the Bronco Raptors dash, they did more or less the same thing from the factory
That's awesome. Around how much would that run for materials and install?

Nice thing about ordering a base is I have extra $$ in my pocket for these things lol.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's awesome. Around how much would that run for materials and install?

Nice thing about ordering a base is I have extra $$ in my pocket for these things lol.
I could find out what we charged him for the dash. It wasn’t on my Bronco, one of our customers had his interior done. He went all out with it; custom leather, heated&cooled seats, door panels, dash wrap and shifter and steering wheel done to match.

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could find out what we charged him for the dash. It wasn’t on my Bronco, one of our customers had his interior done. He went all out with it; custom leather, heated&cooled seats, door panels, dash wrap and shifter and steering wheel done to match.
That would honestly be my long term goal. The base model is great value, but for $2-$4k upgrading that interior would make it perfect. I don't care for the MGV personally, and going for leather bumps my $36k build to nearly $50k.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would honestly be my long term goal. The base model is great value, but for $2-$4k upgrading that interior would make it perfect. I don't care for the MGV personally, and going for leather bumps my $36k build to nearly $50k.
Better picture for you. I happened to be doing some work with the guy who’s Bronco we did the interior in today. Snapped a pic showing the rest of the dash
Ford Bronco Dying/Swapping interior door trim-recommendations? 3608054C-FABC-4AD6-8B99-4A32EC06DE95

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Better picture for you. I happened to be doing some work with the guy who’s Bronco we did the interior in today. Snapped a pic showing the rest of the dash
Ford Bronco Dying/Swapping interior door trim-recommendations? 3608054C-FABC-4AD6-8B99-4A32EC06DE95
You're a legend for coming back and posting this haha. Thank you!

Looks amazing and seems like the bottom portion is done as well, I really like it. I'll have to get a quote from a guy near me and see how much that would run locally because I want it.
Sponsored