First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

does the Kilmat smell? I just received the OEM hardtop sound deadened which was not installed at the factory. So I’m going to use these as templates and install some additional sound deadening material. I wish the kilmat was black so it wouldn’t be noticeable if I have a bit hanging out After I add the OEM panels over them.
No smell at all.
Sponsored

Jgtln

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cargo area and doors are easy pezzy. I haven’t tackled the main floor yet, removing seats has me finding other projects to work on lol.

45A9677C-EEBA-4A23-8BD8-9BBA7E54A5BA.jpeg
How hard was it to remove all of the interior pieces?

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m definitely ordering the rear cargo and probably the doors too. I would do the floor as well but removing everything is more work than i want to do right now. Maybe I will wait and do it when i do my audio system. People saying this isn’t worth it haven’t been in a vehicle with dynamat. It’s crazy what it will do.
Most of the noice comes from the shape of the Bronco and the top or lack of. Until someone proves me wrong, I’m sticking with this isn’t doing much.

Sponsored

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most of the noice comes from the shape of the Bronco and the top or lack of. Until someone proves me wrong, I’m sticking with this isn’t doing much.
It does a whole lot if you have B&O system. Kills most of the rattles / distortion sound and felt tape takes care of the rest.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does a whole lot if you have B&O system. Kills most of the rattles / distortion sound and felt tape takes care of the rest.
I’m not talking about improving the stereo. I’m talking about reducing the sound of the vehicle while driving.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not talking about improving the stereo. I’m talking about reducing the sound of the vehicle while driving.
I don’t know about the Bronco, but I‘m restoring a V8 roadster pickup. I lined the floors, doors, and firewall and its amazing how much “quieter“ it is. Driveline vibration, road noise, etc is dampened and reduces the overall noise level. I did it for heat abatement, but the noise reduction is nice too.

All that said, $900 is stupid, it’s easy to trim this stuff as needed.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am contemplating whether to do this but am yet to see anyone dona controlled before/after test even with a phone dB meter. That is a lot of cutting and rolling if it does not cut sound by at least 3dB.

Ohhellothere

Big Bend
First Name
Düåvé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm putting in the gearshade sub. Figured why not while I'm there. Using precut and got a box of 18 sqft. If it only had a marginal impact I'm out <$150 and the panels will be out anyway

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm putting in the gearshade sub. Figured why not while I'm there. Using precut and got a box of 18 sqft. If it only had a marginal impact I'm out <$150 and the panels will be out anyway
In the same boat. Contemplating doing the sub undelete and as long as the panels are off I figured I may add some killmat. Anyone have part numbers for the clips most likely to break?
Sponsored