First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Gladiator Overland, RX350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Ford seems to be completely disconnected with its target market. You couldn’t even put 2 DH bikes up top with those numbers. Rack is pitiful like the tow rating. Can’t believe they couldn’t squeeze out 5000. Hell my GX460 can tow 6500 iirc with less hp/torque. I think that’s the same two rating as Outback with the 3.6.

Hate to say it but the more they release info the more I’m starting to see potential dealbreakers.
Sponsored

Norsman

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go fast campers has a new light weight roof top tent, I think it is like 80lbs.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Garage clearance?
this is the first I’ve noticed that the roof rack isnt available on 4 door Squatches. Another demerit for Ford. I guess there would be nothing stopping us from ordering it though

Ford Bronco Dynamic Roof Load limit of 110 lbs C9EB9C00-31B4-441E-B518-5D8D1B04DC12

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Ford seems to be completely disconnected with its target market. You couldn’t even put 2 DH bikes up top with those numbers. Rack is pitiful like the tow rating. Can’t believe they couldn’t squeeze out 5000. Hell my GX460 can tow 6500 iirc with less hp/torque. I think that’s the same two rating as Outback with the 3.6.

Hate to say it but the more they release info the more I’m starting to see potential dealbreakers.
Target market? Hate to break the news to you, but Ford’s target market is soccer moms. Way less than 5% of Bronco owners will have a roof top tent or put anything on the roof. Same percentage applies to Wranglers. I always get a chuckle when a tiny percentage start screaming about target market.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This^^^^
The 110lbs is ONLY for the panels. The rails have the 450+lb rating
Huh? The rails and whatever you attach to them will take 450lbs. I'm sure the crossbars are equally rated. You're mixing up static and dynamic load spec.
You probably wouldn't want 400lbs up there while you're crawling thru Rubicon.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is the first I’ve noticed that the roof rack isnt available on 4 door Squatches. Another demerit for Ford. I guess there would be nothing stopping us from ordering it though

Ford Bronco Dynamic Roof Load limit of 110 lbs C9EB9C00-31B4-441E-B518-5D8D1B04DC12
Dealer won't put a rack on a Squatch package. That's all that means.

Spudly

First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Disagree. Where I’m at even soccer moms have a ton of crap on their roof. Last time I checked, Yakima and Thule have continued to ratchet UP limits on their crossbars in the last 5-10 years.

The 25+ year marketer in me thinks the soccer moms will be a smaller percentage of the customer base than you think. Time will tell. lol maybe the Bronco will turn into the 80s equivalent of the rabbit convertible for sorority girls.

Last edited:

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

depends on the dh bike lol

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

depends on the dh bike lol
Like I already said...if you're riding a 55lb DH bike you should upgrade your bike. Ha. My mountain, gravel and road bike are about 55lbs combined. Not worried about putting them on my roof.

I do use a Seasucker [ www.seasucker.com ] rack which, I'm sure is fine, but still have some reservations about sticking it to a removable panel.

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I already said...if you're riding a 55lb DH bike you should upgrade your bike. Ha. My mountain, gravel and road bike are about 55lbs combined. Not worried about putting them on my roof.

I do use a Seasucker [ www.seasucker.com ] rack which, I'm sure is fine, but still have some reservations about sticking it to a removable panel.
yeah thank goodness the kona wasn't mine. bro sold it a while back. my current dh bike is a hardtail diamondback with upgraded components and forks

Spudly

First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You sure you know what a real DH racing bike is? My Turner DHR and Santa Cruz V10 are beefed up over stock. I prefer shit doesn’t break when I’m flying down a mountain. Though I’m including tray weight too that can accommodate 2.3-2.5 tires.

All mountain bike, Turner RFX, is decidedly lighter.

I’ve got a 1up hitch rack and roof trays I’m super happy with. https://www.1up-usa.com/

But my point is, over the last 5 years, do you see a greater percentage of cars with roof boxes, kayaks, SUPs, bikes, fly rods, rooftop tents, etc?

I’ve driven through WA, ID, MT, WY, UT and CO recently and it’s tough to swing a stick and not hit a vehicle with something on the roof.

Bronco specs simply aren’t aligned with the market need IMO. It’s a big miss.

Last edited:

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You sure you know what a real DH racing bike is? My Turner DHR and Santa Cruz V10 are beefed up over stock. I prefer shit doesn’t break when I’m flying down a mountain. Though I’m including tray weight too that can accommodate 2.3-2.5 tires.

All mountain bike, Turner RFX, is decidedly lighter.

I’ve got a 1up hitch rack and roof trays I’m super happy with. https://www.1up-usa.com/

But my point is, over the last 5 years, do you see a greater percentage of cars with roof boxes, kayaks, SUPs, bikes, fly rods, rooftop tents, etc?

I’ve driven through WA, ID, MT, WY, UT and CO recently and it’s tough to swing a stick and not hit a vehicle with something on the roof.

Bronco specs simply aren’t aligned with the market need IMO. It’s a big miss.
oops lol idk what i was thinking. mine is more like a dirt jumper

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Renegade TH and a 97 Kawasaki Vulcan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will be interesting to see what other companies come up with. When I was looking at getting a Wrangler, I was planning on installing a Gobi Racks Stealth rack. It has a "driving" load of 300 pounds with a static load of 800 pounds. I imagine that they will make a similar setup for the Bronco.

bbrhm

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Hey yo, any post-op on the SeaSucker two years later?
Sponsored