Sponsored

Dyno Time!!! | Bronco Raptor JB4 Tuning Device Install | 5 Star Tuning ... Video

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

VERY excited for this

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Happy someone did this.. and so quick.

Was hoping for a little more than a +30whp gain on the tune on this twin turbo engine, but hey, for a flash tune and a gain of a easy 30hp and 50ft-lb not bad at all.

Curious to see this with some support mods.

[also FYI, in your video on the stock dyno chart, you write 632 WHP instead of 362 haha]

Please follow up and let us know driving impressions!

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who’s the hero that’s gonna give us Cliff’s notes?

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Who’s the hero that’s gonna give us Cliff’s notes?
Tune gave +30 WHP and +50 ft-lb torque.

He also showed the phone control and where he installed it.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Was hoping for a little more than a +30whp gain on the tune on this twin turbo engine, but hey, for a flash tune and a gain of a easy 30hp and 50ft-lb not bad at all.

[also FYI, in your video on the stock dyno chart, you write 632 WHP instead of 362 haha]

based on that graph there surely is, but for a simple override device its pretty darn good. Also Ford always undersize their IC so that will be the biggest improvement plus fix the fuel maps and timing on a true custom tune.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This isn't truly a "tune". The JB4 just fool the PCM into making more boost. A true tune will likely net better gains and a smoother graph.

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tune gave +30 WHP and +50 ft-lb torque.

He also showed the phone control and where he installed it.

Thanks!

Looking forward to when someone like Cobb, etc. can get some real tunes on all 3 of the Bronco motors. I feel like the Raptor is going to really respond well in particular.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks!

Looking forward to when someone like Cobb, etc. can get some real tunes on all 3 of the Bronco motors. I feel like the Raptor is going to really respond well in particular.
If I had my Braptor, we would throw it on the dyno and hook it up and use HP Tuners just to see what we can do, there is a lot to be had with these ecoboost engines, they are fun to play with.

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Note of caution: EcoBoost motors are notoriously prone to detonation. Increased boost, and or timing can quickly lead to grenaded motors. Think higher octane (100 or so if possible) and or water/methanol injection for octane and lowered cylinder and exhaust gas temps if planning to push it. Water/Meth would eliminate the need for a larger intercooler as well. Typical EGT reductions are around 350 degrees at peak load.

EcoBoosts have been blowing up for years as a result of basic and frankly crappy piggyback tunes like this one. May not matter to some of yall $ wise but getting a replacement motor is going to be a very long wait.

Sponsored

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also a 30hp gain is basically the result of a 2-3 psi increase in boost. The factory setup should have no problem with that as a cold day/night this time of year would easily spike boost several psi but beyond that gets questionable for sure with these motors.

(2-3 psi sustained versus spike on a hot summer day and 91 octane could be more than the knock sensors can manage and the pistons in these motors may as well be made out of glass)

Last edited:

BCRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The numbers are okay for a piggyback, I’m excited that companies are on the band wagon to give us more power,

I have tuned many cars from my Evo X (tactrix), focus st (Cobb custom) and my S/C Miata (megasquirt) and There is definitely more to extract from the 3.0. Proper lean out, boost control and timing maps could put down some really good gains and still be safe.

My Raptor will be my daily driver so I’m hoping ford performance will come out with a factory 94 tune like the 2.3 and 2.7

Thanks for the video definitely enjoy the channel and seeing the potential to be uncorked.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cobb just released a tune for the GEN3 F150 Raptor. You can read more here >> https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...g-thread-accessport-intake-bracket-etc.94830/

I hope they plan on working on a tune for the 2.7 and 3.0

The numbers are okay for a piggyback, I’m excited that companies are on the band wagon to give us more power,

I have tuned many cars from my Evo X (tactrix), focus st (Cobb custom) and my S/C Miata (megasquirt) and There is definitely more to extract from the 3.0. Proper lean out, boost control and timing maps could put down some really good gains and still be safe.

My Raptor will be my daily driver so I’m hoping ford performance will come out with a factory 94 tune like the 2.3 and 2.7

Thanks for the video definitely enjoy the channel and seeing the potential to be uncorked.

rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
so i have the jb4 on the bronco raptor. running the 3rd tune with 93 gas. in sports mode, it seems to be holding the rev way too long? anyone else have this issue?

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

so i have the jb4 on the bronco raptor. running the 3rd tune with 93 gas. in sports mode, it seems to be holding the rev way too long? anyone else have this issue?
I think your an "early adapter" how is it otherwise?
Sponsored