First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As noted, my E-Brake Fault Code popped up this morning. Raining here in UpState NY and I don't usually leave the truck out overnight, but it got wet. Went to pull it in the garage early this am and a series of bells went off and the warning message popped up.

Engaged and then disengaged the electric e-brake and it went away. Have gone out three four times today to check and nothing happens when I open the door (which is how it happened last and the first time).

Anyway, new to site, was on the other site, but I keep getting account issues so I am now over here.

Anyone with this same issue? What did you do and find out?

Bob
Sponsored

Last edited:

Santos

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977F100:1970 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had it once. It popped up when I applied it twice instead of off. Not seen it since.

Oh yea Bronco!

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10/21/214dr BB, 2.7, A51. & ‘90 Wrangler V6 MT 4.2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Happened to me twice.

First time I was on my way to a wedding, about 2 hours into a 3 hour drive. Despite attempting to turn it off and turning the bronco off/on a couple times the brake light never turned off but the brake itself wasn’t engaged. finished my drive and monitored the gauges with seemingly not other anomalies. Later that evening, when I turned the bronco on again, no issues. this was a longer drive than normal but not the longest either.

about two months later it happened again but did not stay on after I turned it off. This happened on an average commute length trip.

I’m pretty sure rain wasn’t a factor either time. In fact, mine lives outside so if it were a factor, it would probably happen more frequently.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As noted, my E-Brake Fault Code popped up this morning. Raining here in UpState NY and I don't usually leave the truck out overnight, but it got wet. Went to pull it in the garage early this am and a series of bells went off and the warning message popped up.

Engaged and then disengaged the electric e-brake and it went away. Have gone out three four times today to check and nothing happens when I open the door (which is how it happened last and the first time).

Anyway, new to site, was on the other site, but I keep getting account issues so I am now over here.

Bob
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bob
Did it say "Parking Brake Fault (Service Now)" ? If so... that has happened a few times on by BD. It is in the shop now for a different reason. They are supposed to take a look at that also.

Sponsored

BanzaiBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Sasquatch A51
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did it say "Parking Brake Fault (Service Now)" ? If so... that has happened a few times on by BD. It is in the shop now for a different reason. They are supposed to take a look at that also.
I have had the same issue happen with my BD. Were they able to resolve it for you?

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have had the same issue happen with my BD. Were they able to resolve it for you?
The notes said they pulled dtc and got code u0145. That led them to doing some guided routine which turned out normal.

Probably reseated the connectors.

pwork

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI/Sportwagen/Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best guess is an issue with the switch...I had the same code and was able to fix it.

I had a co-worker move my bronco, when he pushed the parking brake switch, the switch internals jammed. I was able to pull the switch apart...nothing broken, but all the actuator pieces had come out of their home. Re-assembled and code went away. Switch worked, but actuation wasn't right, so $20 later have a new switch and all is right with the world.

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine did this yesterday while at home parked in the garage. The vehicle hadn't been driven in a few hours and when the door was opened a constant tone alarm went off and the instrument panel stated "Parking Brake Fault (Service Now)". The thing is... the parking brake wasn't applied and is never used on the vehicle. Really weird.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine did this yesterday while at home parked in the garage. The vehicle hadn't been driven in a few hours and when the door was opened a constant tone alarm went off and the instrument panel stated "Parking Brake Fault (Service Now)". The thing is... the parking brake wasn't applied and is never used on the vehicle. Really weird.

I had the exact same thing happen a couple weeks ago. I've had my Bronco for a year now and have never used the parking brake so it was really odd. I pushed the brake switch to disengage it and the message went away. But it was never engaged in the first place.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ive gotten this 2 or 3 times over the year Ive had my Bronco. Have never once touched the parking brake, another gremlin.
Sponsored