jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So it has been brought to my attention that every tire in this range is E load. And harsh. And heavy, with a big hit to MPG. I’m looking for big semi aggressive tires that are forgiving on road. I determined that I could fit these on the OBX wheel at 18x7.5. Which is fantastic that I could upgrade to 33.2 x 10.8.

I know 17 inch wheels to get 285/70/r17s opens up a whole world of C load tires. But given the wacky offset from Ford it will be very difficult to drop down to a 17 inch wheel aftermarket with a 55 offset.

And to be honest I really like the stock OBX rim.

so are there certain brands of 275/70/r18s that are less forgiving if I’m stuck in the load E range? I’ve read positive after positive review of the KO2s, but hearing that E load should be avoided at all costs if I’m not off roading. Especially if this is primarily (95%+ on road use / family hauler) on a car that doesn’t weigh as much as an F150.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so are there certain brands of 275/70/r18s that are less forgiving if I’m stuck in the load E range? I’ve read positive after positive review of the KO2s, but hearing that E load should be avoided at all costs if I’m not off roading. Especially if this is primarily (95%+ on road use / family hauler) on a car that doesn’t weigh as much as an F150.

Thanks.
Are you sure these aren't going to weight as much as an f-150? These are pretty heavy vehicles.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you sure these aren't going to weight as much as an f-150? These are pretty heavy vehicles.
It’s not the weight of the vehicle itself as much as it’s the potential weight of the cargo the vehicle is carrying.

An E rated tire in an F-150 is just as unpleasant with nothing in the bed... but you want the added weight carrying ability once you start adding cargo.

Without the necessity of the additional load carrying ability, an E tire on the Bronco will be all pain and no gain.

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s not the weight of the vehicle itself as much as it’s the potential weight of the cargo the vehicle is carrying.

An E rated tire in an F-150 is just as unpleasant with nothing in the bed... but you want the added weight carrying ability once you start adding cargo.

Without the necessity of the additional load carrying ability, an E tire on the Bronco will be all pain and no gain.
E rated tires are great if you offroad often. Much better sidewall protection and general puncture resistance. If it's a mall crawler then not worth it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope this is the family hauler and road tripper. Just trying to get a decent stance compared to stock pizza cutters

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has the 55 offset been officially confirmed? This will make a huge impact on my order

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has the 55 offset been officially confirmed? This will make a huge impact on my order
Plan on 55 offset. Math implies a similar offset and ranger is 55

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Plan on 55 offset. Math implies a similar offset and ranger is 55
That’s a bit of a bummer. Was hoping to pass on SAS and get leather and after market/wheels. Back to SAS, I guess.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seems like E load is what you would want in a big tire. All the ones I look at are rated E. ?‍♂

eMan

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Accent
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So why did you decide on ? Have same thought about getting upgrade tire for OBX.

joshgonztx

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So it has been brought to my attention that every tire in this range is E load. And harsh. And heavy, with a big hit to MPG. I’m looking for big semi aggressive tires that are forgiving on road. I determined that I could fit these on the OBX wheel at 18x7.5. Which is fantastic that I could upgrade to 33.2 x 10.8.

I know 17 inch wheels to get 285/70/r17s opens up a whole world of C load tires. But given the wacky offset from Ford it will be very difficult to drop down to a 17 inch wheel aftermarket with a 55 offset.

And to be honest I really like the stock OBX rim.

Thanks.
General makes a ATX 275/70/17 in SL or duratracs in a D load. I am probably going with the ATX for now. Cheap and light.
Sponsored