Grave Digger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grave Digger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who with access to E95 is planning on a tune? I think we can squeeze 400/550. This would make a monster with Flex Fuel capability if in the boonies
Sponsored

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who with access to E95 is planning on a tune? I think we can squeeze 400/550. This would make a monster with Flex Fuel capability if in the boonies
First of all other then a drum, where are you finding E95? Most I can find locally is 65-75%. Secondly, why would you want to do this to a Bronco? This is an off-road vehicle!!

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Corn as fuel is a farce. Worse for the environment than petrol and more expensive (considering subsidies). No thanks.
I don't give a crap about that. My car make 90whp more on CORN!! That's not a farce!! :p

Ford Bronco E95 Tune V-E85

Last edited:

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been running E85 for 8 years in my Subaru and it makes 50whp and 50 wtq over my 93 tune so it is no farce as a power adder. It’s very available where I live and costs less than 93 Although you get a lot less MPG.

I don’t know about E95 but there are F150 2.7 EBs tuned on E30, E50, etc and 400 whp and close to 500 wtq. Lots of potential.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where I live in Canada they don't have that at all. Husky gas stations still offer 93 octane. None of that E85 at any station I have seen in Mantiboa. Back home in Kansas now... that's a different story lol

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford49

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/'65 Mustang/F-150 Lightning/Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I have a fusion sport with the 2.7 running a 93 tune. I got 29 mpg on a long highway trip and the highway rating stock is like 26.

I also have an E30 tune and it its vastly superior to the 93. E85 is also cheaper than 93, and i surprisingly get around the same MPG running it.

I have yet to be to the track, but my car should be high 12's with 93 and mid 12's with E30. Not bad for a 4200lb sedan.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I plan on running an E85 tune for daily driving and a 93 tune for road trips. E85 was $1.31 a gallon when I filled up Sunday. Insane value for the octane is has and the power it makes.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I use to run a E30/E50 on an ecoboost engine, works well, I wouldnt go higher than that on pump gas corn which is all over the place sometimes. even an E85 tune can be iffy. If I went a tune route I would just make sure to have a 91 tune for traveling, some of the fuels are a PITA to find.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on running an E85 tune for daily driving and a 93 tune for road trips. E85 was $1.31 a gallon when I filled up Sunday. Insane value for the octane is has and the power it makes.
On my CTS-V I was doing this but now I find myself running E-85 almost 100% of the time now. Yes my miles per gallon are a LOT lower but after doing this for a while now I find that my $PG are almost the same. I have a flex sensor so if I can't find E-85 then it's no big deal to throw in some 93. Plus I like have that extra 100hp on tap for road trips as well. Never know what you'll meet up with on the highway. :devilish:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my CTS-V I was doing this but now I find myself running E-85 almost 100% of the time now. Yes my miles per gallon are a LOT lower but after doing this for a while now I find that my $PG are almost the same. I have a flex sensor so if I can't find E-85 then it's no big deal to throw in some 93. Plus I like have that extra 100hp on tap for road trips as well. Never know what you'll meet up with on the highway. :devilish:
yeah a true flex fuel kit for the Ecoboost would be great . I had Cobb flexfuel kit installed and pro tuned on my Subaru recently after doing just E85 or 93 tune for years. It was a pain to switch over and have to test the Ethanol content at the pump. Very old school lol. Now I have flexfuel and can put whatever I want in the tank, although I also exclusively run Ethanol but it adjusts for winterblend we get here. Cold starts can be iffy in cold climates on Ethanol, but it just usually has to crank a bit more. I never had it not start. Totally worth +100 whp and +150 wtq over stock! Cost is about the same overall. My Subbie isn’t a daily driver either so I don’t have to worry about frequent fill ups.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fixed it for you. So much so, that it is not worth it on a vehicle such as this.
I totally disagree. Cost is probably the same. Yes, you will make more trips to the pump but if you’re into making significantly more power, hard to beat Ethanol. A real flexfuel kit would be great so you wouldnt have to worry about finding gas stations that have E85 if you’re on a road trip or something. The fun factor is totally worth it regardless of the vehicle.
Sponsored