Sponsored

Early order date = better place in line for delivery?

Mdouble

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Journey
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got an email from my dealer today that appears to indicate that placing my order earlier will help get a better place in line for production/delivery. Am I reading this right, and is this true? I didn't think it mattered if I waited to convert my order. Appreciate any thoughts.

Ford Bronco Early order date = better place in line for delivery? IMG-2454
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the dealer is ignorant of the ordering process, time stamps and the G6 forum.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It does matter. You must convert by March 19 in order to keep your place in line.

OP
OP

Mdouble

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Journey
Your Bronco Model
Base
It does matter. You must convert by March 19 in order to keep your place in line.
Right, that's what I thought.. but he seems to be saying if I place my order on say January 20, I get a better place in line than if I place it later..I didn't think that was the case

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right, that's what I thought.. but he seems to be saying if I place my order on say January 20, I get a better place in line than if I place it later..I didn't think that was the case
Dealers do have some say, IF they decide to use that functionality, with internal to that dealer priority.

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think some dealers are seizing the opportunity to prey on people's excitement and drive a panic to lock in orders. Get everyone worried about timing and gloss over pricing.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are correct. If x dealer has 100 allocations and 300 orders and you fall in that top third your order gets processed. That allocation number will change depending on cancellations and order conversion. That new allocation number will be known in April once orders have been converted. X dealer May now have 75 allocations for 230 orders now or 150 allocations for 450 orders. Everything will then be processed based on allocation and res number (important but not the end all if you desire late avail options). May will be when you know where you stand. If ford was expecting 75% take rate and it is 40% you are bumped up but then allocation and res number are important again. 40% is roughly 75000. If that is the case Ford may push beyond that 60000 number they estimate they can produce to wipe them out IMO. However if 20000 are late availability options then they produce 55000-75000 if they cannot satisfy those options. It is all dynamic until May. Proceed as if you have a ‘21 order (if you want one) and don’t assume anything until all the numbers are sorted out.

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bummer, it’s just another dealer causing confusion. I came here to link other threads and throw a chair at the OP. Sorry for the ill-intention, carry on.

Sponsored

schlumpj

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got an email from my dealer today that appears to indicate that placing my order earlier will help get a better place in line for production/delivery. Am I reading this right, and is this true? I didn't think it mattered if I waited to convert my order. Appreciate any thoughts.

Ford Bronco Early order date = better place in line for delivery? IMG-2454
I received the same email.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No the dealer is trying to convert reservations to orders through the 'threat' that you might lose a place. That just isn't true. On the flip side if the dealer can convert a bulk of their reservations to orders, they get more allocations.
Sponsored