Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked, it is different sheet metal when you go to the square flares. 3 different quarter panels all together: Standard, Raptor, and Everglades
I'd like to think @Beach_Bum's comment is being taken literally for how he phrased it.

My assumption here (we all know how those go) is that he meant to try and say the actual mounting/bolt-on locations would remain the same, allowing one to retro-fit the squared off fenders and flares onto a 21/22 rounded fender model.

The fenders themselves are definitely different stampings. I'd be surprised if they were not backwards compatible. It wouldn't make sense in tooling/design to change the bolt pattern and placements.
Sponsored

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty sure they'll follow the pattern of 22.5 M.Y pricing. If you change to a special order, you lose price protection. It would surprise me if they didn't do this.

Sorry, just to clarify, by special order you mean Everglades, Raptor, etc. So just changing color shouldn't impact price protection.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry, just to clarify, by special order you mean Everglades, Raptor, etc. So just changing color shouldn't impact price protection.
Changing color should have no impact on price protection.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Great another boring pastel color to appease the boomers.
That’s funny, I thought all these grays and non-metallic colors were to feed the crayon color lovin’ younger crowd …

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This would be the only color to sway me away from CO on a 2 door..

Anyone know how switching a '22 order to a '23 color works? If it keeps my price protection and doesn't impact build date, I'm all in for it.
Yellowstone is still out there on that paint site.

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Brittany Blue would’ve been great but I’ll take what I can get in the world of not too many bright/light blues being offered.

Damn didn’t realize boomers were born in the 90s. Maybe they should’ve done another grey? Or blue that’s so dark it looks black?
I love my Blue on Black.
20220423_105256.jpg

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
That would be quite a color shuffle from one MY to the next, and I'm having a little hard time believing they would not sell a white and a black. That Terrain, though...
Currently there are 13 color options available on the 2022s, that site lists 11 for 2023 without listing a black or white, I can't imagine that's a coincidence. I'm certain black and white will be available next year pushing the color count up to 13, wouldn't mind seeing Wimbledon White replace Oxford White, but seeing as the Bronco shares paint booths with the Ranger, which is a pretty standard fleet truck, that probably won't happen.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just not the color, but we are seeing the best example of the Heritage Edition with the modular HT, 2-dr (thank God, Ford didn't F this up), squared flares that we have seen on the Everglades, and the Heritage Edition specific wheels.

@Administrator Might want to update the title to reflect the Heritage Edition style teasers.
Agree, this is the best presentation of a Heritage model yet.

Should have done Brittany Blue...Ford is just terrible at picking colors for these things.
N4A4851-HDR-scaled.jpg
Again, i'll just reference that while Brittany Blue was a great color for it's time period, it's a dime a dozen here in them thar years we be livin' in now.

What would be the point of re-releasing a heritage inspired paint color that you can see fifty times a day on the highway? This must be how the F150 got three different shades of white in a single model year.

Ford Bronco Early peek @ ROBINS EGG BLUE 2023 Bronco Color, Heritage Edition w/ Squared Flares and Painted MOD Hard Top! 1656612420380

Ford Bronco Early peek @ ROBINS EGG BLUE 2023 Bronco Color, Heritage Edition w/ Squared Flares and Painted MOD Hard Top! 1656612476970

Perhaps something has changed, but I've seen the squared off flare on a pre-production MY'21 fender and quarter panel before camo was applied. Many from the media proclaim that the fenders/quarter panels are different on the Everglades (not accounting for the actual cut-out for the snorkel). But think about it logically, Ford isn't going to have unique fenders/quarter panels for an edition that is slotted between the common trims.
Your point certainly makes sense. I came at it from a different angle though. Would this different fender be used for a racing program? Has the rounded fender been causing problems in extreme-use off road situations?

And while I don't have the answer to that question, my guess would be that the rounded fender is actually a problem at clearing debris. Well, no shape of fender would have saved @Tricky Dick and his boulder of doom....

The Everglades has 4 squarish fenders not 2.

I guess something must of changed after you seen what you did. If you look at the fender stamping's between the Everglades and regular Bronco clearly they did stamp unique fenders.

1656594177229.png

1656594142445.png
Thank you for the side-by-side. It's worth noting that the Everglades rear fender shape is compromised by not wanting to stamp a different door skin and you see it in how rounded the front 1/4 of the flare is, then it changes shape only once it connects to the rear quarter panel.

On the 2-door Bronco this is better presented by having a longer rear quarter, however, it does appear that they are using the same flare on Everglades as on this 2-door sneak-peak blue rig.

Ford Bronco Early peek @ ROBINS EGG BLUE 2023 Bronco Color, Heritage Edition w/ Squared Flares and Painted MOD Hard Top! 1656612806789

That being said, the squared off fenders ABSOLUTELY make the Bronco look better in my eyes. The rounded fenders were always an awkward choice that seemed destined for a mid-model refresh or options.

And we know how easily those panels are to remove/replace, which is why it makes sense that they aren't painted in the image above. It does seem to be a new enough part that the groups didn't coordinate fully with parts releases and the paint booth.

Ford Bronco Early peek @ ROBINS EGG BLUE 2023 Bronco Color, Heritage Edition w/ Squared Flares and Painted MOD Hard Top! 1656612935846

Wait a second so this site my be true.
https://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/ford/2023/bronco/
Because that color looks like Robin'S Egg Blue on this website
@Timsvtgen1 found/ give the link to this on the Jun 23th.22
Their color matching is always so terrible on that site, but they are utilizing the database that OEM's upload their pain mixes into. I reached out to a buddy with a body shop to see if he can mix off the codes provided. Will try to get a spray-out so we can see this better. Thanks for the link!

The real question…..who is now 99’ing their order that doesn’t have a build date yet based on this leak? Or keep marching forward with current order knowing you’ll likely have to re-order a ‘23 anyway?
As a lucky MY21 allocation winner who is still waiting for their vin (MY23 baby!), I wouldn't 99 my order for the blue paint. However, I would 99 my order if it was possible that whatever trim/special edition has those squared fenders would have the hardware and engine/transmission I deem necessary for the rig my money will go towards.

Right now my build is a 2-door badlands, 2.3/MT, High package, no other options. Not interested in an AT, not interested in the fragile 2.7.

Great another boring pastel color to appease the boomers.
And on the other end of the spectrum is what you see in Moab or basically every manufacturers "hot new paint style", melty crayon!

Cheap, flat, featureless paint with artificially glossy (and painfully soft and thin) clear.

Even Honda has jumped on the "shitty melty paint" bandwagon.
Ford Bronco Early peek @ ROBINS EGG BLUE 2023 Bronco Color, Heritage Edition w/ Squared Flares and Painted MOD Hard Top! 1656613415733

Like any good hipster, you have to get in on it BEFORE IT'S COOL, and you're already too late.

Remember in 15 years time that awesome melty paint will "date" the vehicle as badly as turquoise does. Keeping with Honda, you know exactly what time period this came from just by the color. Melty crayons is simply the modern version of this.

Ford Bronco Early peek @ ROBINS EGG BLUE 2023 Bronco Color, Heritage Edition w/ Squared Flares and Painted MOD Hard Top! 1656613550676

That would be quite a color shuffle from one MY to the next, and I'm having a little hard time believing they would not sell a white and a black. That Terrain, though...
Remember that currently MAP has 13 known paint booths. 12 for mainline colors and 1 set up for their special editions such as Ranger SPLASH! and limited-run Bronco editions. In addition, MY23 sees the Ranger and Bronco paint pallet combined into one as it's the final send-off year for Ranger.

Ford just announced they are dumping $3.1 Billion into the midwest plants including MAP and Flat Rock. It's certainly possible that in the ramp-up for the 8-year run of next gen Ranger, plus whatever they have in store for Bronco, that they will expand the paint booth further.

You should expect to see more color changes from year to year on Bronco than a non-heritage vehicle. This has proven time and again to capture sales for Jeep's Wrangler and Ford is just learning that these special editions do sell.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm guessing supply constraints meant that they only had four of the new wheels? 🤣
Looking closely at the one picture that shows the inner side of the far side wheel, it looks more like only TWO new wheels.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was hoping for a lighter shade of powder blue, something more like what we all thought Cactus Gray would be based on the deceiving launch photos.

BUT WHERE IS GRABBER BLUE????

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was hoping for a lighter shade of powder blue, something more like what we all thought Cactus Gray would be based on the deceiving launch photos.

BUT WHERE IS GRABBER BLUE????
Pepperidge Farm remembers when Cactus Gray had green in it.

Ford Bronco Early peek @ ROBINS EGG BLUE 2023 Bronco Color, Heritage Edition w/ Squared Flares and Painted MOD Hard Top! IMG_4335-scaled

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm good with the baby blue but come on ... white top!!! Wonder if they'll add the Mid+ package with 12" screen like the Everglades. Hoping they'll offer it with the 2.3 and manual and I'll gladly un-99 and change out my BD reservation.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This would be the only color to sway me away from CO on a 2 door..

Anyone know how switching a '22 order to a '23 color works? If it keeps my price protection and doesn't impact build date, I'm all in for it.
Price protection only covered MY22 orders right? I honestly don't remember, it's changed so much and I'm waiting for the mod top anyway so I haven't paid super close attention.

Since it's MY23 only I'd think you'd have no price protection, if it's even available on non heritage editions.
Sponsored