Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Agree, this is the best presentation of a Heritage model yet.

Again, i'll just reference that while Brittany Blue was a great color for it's time period, it's a dime a dozen here in them thar years we be livin' in now.

What would be the point of re-releasing a heritage inspired paint color that you can see fifty times a day on the highway? This must be how the F150 got three different shades of white in a single model year.

1656612420380.png

1656612476970.png

Your point certainly makes sense. I came at it from a different angle though. Would this different fender be used for a racing program? Has the rounded fender been causing problems in extreme-use off road situations?

And while I don't have the answer to that question, my guess would be that the rounded fender is actually a problem at clearing debris. Well, no shape of fender would have saved @Tricky Dick and his boulder of doom....

Thank you for the side-by-side. It's worth noting that the Everglades rear fender shape is compromised by not wanting to stamp a different door skin and you see it in how rounded the front 1/4 of the flare is, then it changes shape only once it connects to the rear quarter panel.

On the 2-door Bronco this is better presented by having a longer rear quarter, however, it does appear that they are using the same flare on Everglades as on this 2-door sneak-peak blue rig.

1656612806789.png

That being said, the squared off fenders ABSOLUTELY make the Bronco look better in my eyes. The rounded fenders were always an awkward choice that seemed destined for a mid-model refresh or options.

And we know how easily those panels are to remove/replace, which is why it makes sense that they aren't painted in the image above. It does seem to be a new enough part that the groups didn't coordinate fully with parts releases and the paint booth.

1656612935846.png

Their color matching is always so terrible on that site, but they are utilizing the database that OEM's upload their pain mixes into. I reached out to a buddy with a body shop to see if he can mix off the codes provided. Will try to get a spray-out so we can see this better. Thanks for the link!

As a lucky MY21 allocation winner who is still waiting for their vin (MY23 baby!), I wouldn't 99 my order for the blue paint. However, I would 99 my order if it was possible that whatever trim/special edition has those squared fenders would have the hardware and engine/transmission I deem necessary for the rig my money will go towards.

Right now my build is a 2-door badlands, 2.3/MT, High package, no other options. Not interested in an AT, not interested in the fragile 2.7.

And on the other end of the spectrum is what you see in Moab or basically every manufacturers "hot new paint style", melty crayon!

Cheap, flat, featureless paint with artificially glossy (and painfully soft and thin) clear.

Even Honda has jumped on the "shitty melty paint" bandwagon.
1656613415733.png

Like any good hipster, you have to get in on it BEFORE IT'S COOL, and you're already too late.

Remember in 15 years time that awesome melty paint will "date" the vehicle as badly as turquoise does. Keeping with Honda, you know exactly what time period this came from just by the color. Melty crayons is simply the modern version of this.

1656613550676.png

Remember that currently MAP has 13 known paint booths. 12 for mainline colors and 1 set up for their special editions such as Ranger SPLASH! and limited-run Bronco editions. In addition, MY23 sees the Ranger and Bronco paint pallet combined into one as it's the final send-off year for Ranger.

Ford just announced they are dumping $3.1 Billion into the midwest plants including MAP and Flat Rock. It's certainly possible that in the ramp-up for the 8-year run of next gen Ranger, plus whatever they have in store for Bronco, that they will expand the paint booth further.

You should expect to see more color changes from year to year on Bronco than a non-heritage vehicle. This has proven time and again to capture sales for Jeep's Wrangler and Ford is just learning that these special editions do sell.
Any chance your buddy already got back to you with those spray-outs? I'm curious as to what Yellowstone will look like. Melted crayon yellow or will it be a metallic?

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just not the color, but we are seeing the best example of the Heritage Edition with the modular HT, 2-dr (thank God, Ford didn't F this up), squared flares that we have seen on the Everglades, and the Heritage Edition specific wheels.

@Administrator Might want to update the title to reflect the Heritage Edition style teasers.
I wish squares flares were offered on all the Broncos. They look so much better than the rounded flares. I assume the rounded flares cannot simply be swapped out with the squared flares?

Sponsored

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The squared flares are going to be on back order for a long time I’m predicting everyone going to upgrade there flares to the square
Can they be swapped out with the round?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Any chance your buddy already got back to you with those spray-outs? I'm curious as to what Yellowstone will look like. Melted crayon yellow or will it be a metallic?
It's gloss yellow, not metallic.
Yeah - IF the color Automotive touch up sent me (in the photo TopRecon shows) is anything close to how Yellowstone will actually look, it is a sort of muddy light to medium yellow tan color. No flake. A solid color. Think a cross between Williamsburg buff tan and a medium yellow.

Compared to the Early Bronco colors:
Prairie Yellow is lighter
Carmel Bronze is darker and more brown
Chrome Yellow is a hair darker and way more yellow

Not sure what color is in TopRecon's bottom photo, but that looks pretty similar.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish squares flares were offered on all the Broncos. They look so much better than the rounded flares. I assume the rounded flares cannot simply be swapped out with the squared flares?
I would say so. Check this video at about the 7:30 mark.
Speaking of which, man, remember how jazzed we all got with this preview?!?!?

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure if this was mentioned already..

Two things I noticed as well...

1. Looks like stay bar disconnect will come with the heritage edition (all buttons are present on the dash).

2. Looks like they will utilize the accent colors on the interior "Bronco" emblems like they do with the raptor

Ford Bronco Early peek @ ROBINS EGG BLUE 2023 Bronco Color, Heritage Edition w/ Squared Flares and Painted MOD Hard Top! E913EE95-79B2-47BB-90CE-C85CD1F6A2D4

You got all that from this picture? Man, they need to bring you in on the Zapruder film. :ROFLMAO:

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
May be in the minority, I’m loving this baby blue
I simply cannot believe how many reactions this no real value, one sentence, response is receiving. This is by far my biggest post and I cannot believe it or understand why. Hahaha

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks to @TopRecon for posting up the yellowstone pics! When in doubt..... Search function!

As for the Robins Egg Blue, I haven't gotten word back, but he, or I, or both of us(?) tend to have large 4th of July weekends so i'll ping him tomorrow as he's likely missing a few fingers or brain cells today.

It's gloss yellow, not metallic.

Ford Bronco Early peek @ ROBINS EGG BLUE 2023 Bronco Color, Heritage Edition w/ Squared Flares and Painted MOD Hard Top! E913EE95-79B2-47BB-90CE-C85CD1F6A2D4

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs