Mime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area51 Wildtrak.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If this pans out, I'll say they could have picked a better color. It's fine and I applaud the effort. But baby blue? I'm sure some folks in my area will get it because they are UNC fans...no one else will get it.
A company like FORD does not just slap on any color. There is so much data to back up these types of decisions. Like the resale value on 1960s in this color combo etc. you might be surprised that your personal preference might be antithetical to the data they collected.
Sponsored

Eldo21

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3P, Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this pans out, I'll say they could have picked a better color. It's fine and I applaud the effort. But baby blue? I'm sure some folks in my area will get it because they are UNC fans...no one else will get it.
i would love to have Britney Blue as a choice…

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A company like FORD does not just slap on any color. There is so much data to back up these types of decisions. Like the resale value on 1960s in this color combo etc. you might be surprised that your personal preference might be antithetical to the data they collected.
You know I was just commenting on the color relative to my location. Consider it location based humor with an element of what will happen in real life locally. It appears my point was lost on most folks outside the SE.

Bradyrufenacht

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I would have to see the whole Bronco to comment on the color but dang I am loving the Heritage model with the mod top. Seriously considering deferring my day 2.5 reservation to a 23 Heritage model now. Hope they get more info out before mine gets picked up for production. Heck, I have waited 2 years. What is another year.

Sponsored

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Should have done Brittany Blue...Ford is just terrible at picking colors for these things.
N4A4851-HDR-scaled.jpg
I’ll agree they’ve been pretty baffling with their colour choices. Should’ve just been Greatest Hits list from past generations. Back when companies weren’t afraid of colour.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any chance your buddy already got back to you with those spray-outs? I'm curious as to what Yellowstone will look like. Melted crayon yellow or will it be a metallic?
Ford Bronco Early peek @ ROBINS EGG BLUE 2023 Bronco Color, Heritage Edition w/ Squared Flares and Painted MOD Hard Top! 282228669_3395742673992235_3694074903933400596_

He sees W8049H in the system but the formula is not released yet in water based, only solvent so the touch-up pen might be the only way right now to get the color on something.

Last edited:

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford Bronco Early peek @ ROBINS EGG BLUE 2023 Bronco Color, Heritage Edition w/ Squared Flares and Painted MOD Hard Top! 282228669_3395742673992235_3694074903933400596_

He sees W8049H in the system but the formula is not released yet in water based, only solvent so the touch-up pen might be the only way right now to get the color on something.
Do you believe the other colors on that site to be true for the 6G Bronco in 2023? Fighter jet gray, peak blue metallic, terrain, etc. I have found pictures of those other colors on different Ford products, but that would be quite the shift in colors from what's currently offered.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you believe the other colors on that site to be true for the 6G Bronco in 2023? Fighter jet gray, peak blue metallic, terrain, etc. I have found pictures of those other colors on different Ford products, but that would be quite the shift in colors from what's currently offered.
Ford has to release out the colors well in advance to get them made and prep body shops to be able to spray (otherwise all the damaged rigs they deliver would get to customers without matching paint, eh @HotdogThud )

I have no doubt that the colors are true. But if they are Bronco specific or changing or put on the right page...... There are always changes :)

Bronco should/needs/requires a different color mix than "ford corporate fleetwide paint pallet". They only had to look at Wrangler to realize this, or that the realities of 2020 meant they scaled back from original plans. Either way, there was always going to be special editions with special paint colors (Ranger SPLASH! is an example of MAP having this capacity and planned for it).

By MY24 when Bronco/Ranger are both current platforms there should be a nearly-unified color pallet between the vehicles using standard Ford corporate paint colors, plus special editions and likely an extra few options for Bronco.

As an aside: my personal feeling is that Ford launched Bronco with an incredibly conservative and half-assed color pallet and figured that in the entire 8 year run it would work itself out. But it sucks to be on the front end of that wave.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford has to release out the colors well in advance to get them made and prep body shops to be able to spray (otherwise all the damaged rigs they deliver would get to customers without matching paint, eh @HotdogThud )

I have no doubt that the colors are true. But if they are Bronco specific or changing or put on the right page...... There are always changes :)

Bronco should/needs/requires a different color mix than "ford corporate fleetwide paint pallet". They only had to look at Wrangler to realize this, or that the realities of 2020 meant they scaled back from original plans. Either way, there was always going to be special editions with special paint colors (Ranger SPLASH! is an example of MAP having this capacity and planned for it).

By MY24 when Bronco/Ranger are both current platforms there should be a nearly-unified color pallet between the vehicles using standard Ford corporate paint colors, plus special editions and likely an extra few options for Bronco.

As an aside: my personal feeling is that Ford launched Bronco with an incredibly conservative and half-assed color pallet and figured that in the entire 8 year run it would work itself out. But it sucks to be on the front end of that wave.
With my eyes closed, it matches perfectly. Otherwise, it's just a nice Fast and Furious racing stripe down the driver's side of the truck.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
To touch on your specific colors:

• Jet Fighter Gray is the "Mustang name" for Cactus Gray, its now a standard fleet color, IMHO

• Terrain was first announced on SPLASH! edition Ranger and is now a late-availability Everglades-only Bronco color.
    • I would imagine Ford will have one of these off-white, apartment-grade drab colors every few years for Bronco as for some reason it's massively popular in prisons modern automobiles
  • Peak Blue Metallic we don't have solid info on except that it was announced and is not Area 51. There was the old parts book that had a light blue metallic Bronco on it. I think it was user @Squatch that painted his fender flares that color to be hipster (in before it's cool)
    • This released Bronco color (this thread) might be for Peak Blue Metallic or whatever they call it when it's finally released, could be that they changed the name from Peak Blue Metallic to Robins Egg Blue
Ford Bronco Early peek @ ROBINS EGG BLUE 2023 Bronco Color, Heritage Edition w/ Squared Flares and Painted MOD Hard Top! 1657232752817

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

I agree with everything you said. Too conservative. Eruption Green, although the name is terrible, is an excellent color. Like I saw in another thread, I wish Ford would have taken the Gen 1 Bronco and collected some marketing data, and offered the top colors or some very close derivatives. The current offerings, other than a few, are lacking. Like you said front end of that wave.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
To touch on your specific colors:

• Jet Fighter Gray is the "Mustang name" for Cactus Gray, its now a standard fleet color, IMHO

• Terrain was first announced on SPLASH! edition Ranger and is now a late-availability Everglades-only Bronco color.
    • I would imagine Ford will have one of these off-white, apartment-grade drab colors every few years for Bronco as for some reason it's massively popular in prisons modern automobiles
  • Peak Blue Metallic we don't have solid info on except that it was announced and is not Area 51. There was the old parts book that had a light blue metallic Bronco on it. I think it was user @Squatch that painted his fender flares that color to be hipster (in before it's cool)
    • This released Bronco color (this thread) might be for Peak Blue Metallic or whatever they call it when it's finally released, could be that they changed the name from Peak Blue Metallic to Robins Egg Blue

Makes sense. Thanks.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree with everything you said. Too conservative. Eruption Green, although the name is terrible, is an excellent color. Like I saw in another thread, I wish Ford would have taken the Gen 1 Bronco and collected some marketing data, and offered the top colors or some very close derivatives. The current offerings, other than a few, are lacking. Like you said front end of that wave.
Ford has not shown or indicated that they will be using heritage as a driving force for Bronco. Everything will be "inspired by" for 6g Bronco and i'm betting that doesn't change at any point in Bronco's 6th gen.

Just as EG was inspired by Mallard green, there will be some "inspired by" colors to re-make Brittany blue (possibly this peak blue metallic), one would imagine calypso coral, and Caribbean will also get a going over at some point. It's proven to drive sales for Wrangler, and Ford hasn't deviated from the playbook much.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-green-just-not-what-you-were-thinking.22736/