Sponsored

Easiest way for non-Ford employee to qualify for X Plan?

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I actually have a dealership about an hour away that will accept X Plan, but I don't have it currently. Someone mentioned the Mustang club, another person mentioned buying Ford stock and then waiting 60 days. Are these valid ways to qualify, and is there an even easier way? Seems like joining the Mustang club might be the easiest of the two.
From what I've seen, Mustang Club gets you eligible pretty much right away as long as you have at least 60 days left on your MCA membership. A 1-year membership costs $25.

The stockholder route requires that you have owned at least 100 shares of Ford stock for at least 6 months.

If you just want to get X-Plan eligibility, the MCA membership is far cheaper and faster up front.

If you want to go the stock route, it's technically possible to do that for free (buy the stock, sit on it for 6+ months, sell it at break even price or a profit, and if they reinstate the dividend, you might catch a couple of dividend payments in there), but it costs a lot more up front.

Was considering this route - says minimum 6 months ownership. Was curious if any one knows at what point you have to provide dealer with pin? I would expect to be able to place order within 6 months, so obviously wouldnt have pin at the time of ordering..
I'm pretty sure you don't have to provide the PIN until it's time to take delivery of the vehicle and arrange for payment (financing, cash, first born, whatever).

Production on the Bronco doesn't start for more than 5 months, and they aren't expected on dealer lots until sometime in Spring of 2021, so late March at the earliest, which means 8 months.

If you just bought stock or were planning to buy stock in the next month or two, you've still got time.

If you want to be eligible to get the X-Plan pin faster, pop the $25 or whatever it is for the Mustang Club membership and go that route.
Sponsored

Reactions: bek
OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you just bought stock or were planning to buy stock in the next month or two, you've still got time.

If you want to be eligible to get the X-Plan pin faster, pop the $25 or whatever it is for the Mustang Club membership and go that route.
I joined the Mustang club for the X-Plan, but this morning I ended up putting a significant amount into the stock anyway. I won't regret the $25 for the club no matter what, but I hope I don't regret the larger amount for the stock! lol

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I joined the Mustang club for the X-Plan, but this morning I ended up putting a significant amount into the stock anyway. I won't regret the $25 for the club no matter what, but I hope I don't regret the larger amount for the stock! lol
FWIW, I paid over $9/share for the stock I have. I still don't regret it, although I'm looking forward to the economy climbing out of the crapper enough for Ford to reinstate the dividend.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did the stock buy (100 shares) mostly on curiosity how Ford (F) might rise in value once the public and investment sectors recognize the HUGE demand for the new BRONCO. Also figured the 6-month wait was already baked into the time until I can be close to ordering one anyhow.
I'm thinking the same thing, but for $25 bucks, if I can join a club for a year and get the PIN... well I think Ford is going to do good.. but dang their stock sucks!! Now had I bough it back in March !!!! ($4 a share)

Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahh, my bad. I see. Thanks, EvlNvrDys!

Tell me if I'm wrong, but X Plan seems like an even better deal that the $1000 off invoice. My understanding is that X Plan pricing is:

Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee

Is that right?
You got it right. FYI the $275 is included in the "grossed up" invoice. So basically 0.4% below invoice, the $275 fee, and the delivery / destination charge. Which I believe will be $1,495.00

Dave2ID

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Mustang Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually have a dealership about an hour away that will accept X Plan, but I don't have it currently. Someone mentioned the Mustang club, another person mentioned buying Ford stock and then waiting 60 days. Are these valid ways to qualify, and is there an even easier way? Seems like joining the Mustang club might be the easiest of the two.

I will get you the friends and family fir a bottle of Pappy. lol

wxsquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Veterans Advantage also works if you are active, retired, or a vet. Various pay plans, so you can wait. Has other discounts too.

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a pin through AAA..
Please share on how to do this. Do you have the AAA partner code - and is a membership card sufficient to prove you qualify?

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The easiest way to get X-Plan pricing is to negotiate with the dealer to that price. Find out what X-Plan price is, what the limits are on dealer fees as part of X-Plan and tell your dealer you want the same.

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like the MCA is trying to put a stop to all the sign ups (or they just have very slow tech support). They've been working on their website upgrade for 2 weeks.

MCA.JPG

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks like the MCA is trying to put a stop to all the sign ups (or they just have very slow tech support). They've been working on their website upgrade for 2 weeks.

Ford Bronco Easiest way for non-Ford employee to qualify for X Plan? MCA.JPG
They are still accepting mail in registration. And it's no loss to them. They get $25/year for it.
Just like the dealer gets a commission when they accept it.
Pretty much everyone wins.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bought 140 shares last week, Ford is opening on NYSE this week, hoping for a run up in price. Hope they turn a corner and start dividends in a few quarters, they were going at a discount.

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are still accepting mail in registration. And it's no loss to them. They get $25/year for it.
Just like the dealer gets a commission when they accept it.
Pretty much everyone wins.
True they are accepting mail in applications. But 15 days to "upgrade" their online application process. That's a lousy business model. Clearly they don't just want the money. I think they're trying to slow the influx on non-Mustang owners
Sponsored