Sponsored

East Coasters....Which Trim/setup - crawling/speed/other?

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, folks. I am an East Coaster (Virginia) who has had a few Grand Cherokee’s, which have always done well on any trails I have hit up, but mainly easy stuff. I am super jealous of all of you Mountain and Pacific Time zone folks with your Moabs and Rubicon trails and just general open desert trails.

Question for everyone on my side of the continent....are you leaning Badlands for the rock crawling or Wildtrak for the Baja running?

It feels like the main thing I will be doing with mine is some easy trails in the Appalachians, and some beach runs at OBX. I have never been to Uwharrie, which seems like our East Coast “Moab/Rubicon” but would love to head there sometime.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am from the west coast currently living on the east coast. I am getting the Badlands because I plan on doing some trips west with it.
The base or outer banks would do excellent on any trail not specifically designed to break your car. You might be heard pressed to find that trail out here as long as you are equipped with the right tire to make it through deep mud puddles and sand.

BravoZulu

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OK, folks. I am an East Coaster (Virginia) who has had a few Grand Cherokee’s, which have always done well on any trails I have hit up, but mainly easy stuff. I am super jealous of all of you Mountain and Pacific Time zone folks with your Moabs and Rubicon trails and just general open desert trails.

Question for everyone on my side of the continent....are you leaning Badlands for the rock crawling or Wildtrak for the Baja running?

It feels like the main thing I will be doing with mine is some easy trails in the Appalachians, and some beach runs at OBX. I have never been to Uwharrie, which seems like our East Coast “Moab/Rubicon” but would love to head there sometime.

Thoughts?
Northern Virginia here. Going Wildtrak all the way. Probably not going to be doing a whole lot of crawling. Now I just need to find a decent dealer.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

definitely think about sasquatch if you're contemplating Uwharrie.
I'd also consider having the additional armor of the badlands for that.

otherwise badlands/no squatch should cover all the bases.

OP
OP
foreWard

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

definitely think about sasquatch if you're contemplating Uwharrie.
I'd also consider having the additional armor of the badlands for that.

otherwise badlands/no squatch should cover all the bases.
I’m kinda leaning Badlands no squatch, but then the WT has most of the upgrades I want stock (V6, hardtop, etc). Was going to approach it from a use-case angle and see if that helped.

Sponsored

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also in VA outside Charlottesville. I'm going with the badsquatch cause it's ready to go out of the box and there's such a mix here of rock, mud, swamp, and forest. I want to make sure that if I run out of clearance that a stump or something doesn't kill the undercarriage. I want to be able to travel to different trails and want to make sure that the rig is ready for whatever I choose to do.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the badlands has the rock rails and rear bash plates from the factory.

i've bent the rear bumper on some of the 'mild trails' in virginia and really wish i had jack points on the side of the vehicle.

badlands solves both of those issues and keeps the factory warranty

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It was Badlands at first for me. But then things progressed, more things revealed. To make a long story a little shorter. My current combo is Base, Squatch, 2.7, Auto. For the money, and keeping the accountant happy, it gives me the biggest bang for my buck for my intended use .........wheelin'......all kinds of wheeling' , forestry roads, old logging trails, rock gardens, mud, anything I can find. Va should be a lot like PA ........

Haven't seen an update lately but last I saw AOAA was filling in a "water feature" and making it into the "Rubicon" of the east coast. Bring your 40's !!!!!! Rocks the size of school buses with smaller sized and more moderate sections along side. The guys that run AOAA do an AWESOME job !!!!! Take my son atv riding as often as possible always a good day riding !!!

Ford Bronco East Coasters....Which Trim/setup - crawling/speed/other? 20190728_193835_1564357184286_001
Sponsored