Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Literally just a wire I soldered to one end of the blue wire on the Redarc harness. You could do it with one of those splice clamp connectors too.
Ick. No. Tin your wires and use waterproof sleeving, preferably sleeving that includes a solder band.
Sponsored

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Subscribing for later.

OP
OP
SnowshoeBronco

SnowshoeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ick. No. Tin your wires and use waterproof sleeving, preferably sleeving that includes a solder band.
Hey, some people like their cucumbers better pickled… haha

I prefer soldered connections, but to each their own!

Cskyline

Base
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3500Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does all trim levels including the base have wiring available for connecting the 7 pin ?

OP
OP
SnowshoeBronco

SnowshoeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does all trim levels including the base have wiring available for connecting the 7 pin ?
No, the only way it comes with wiring pre installed is if you order with the tow package.

Sponsored

Cskyline

Base
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3500Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I ordered the base don’t believe I seen an option for trailer . I really don’t understand fords decision on that one .

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, the only way it comes with wiring pre installed is if you order with the tow package.
So the answer is yes and no. All Broncos are wired for installation. But they're missing the controller and wires running aft. For Broncos like the Base, where towing wasn't an option you need to buy the controller kit and do the install. If you want the dealer to do it it's ~12-18hrs of work for the controller and wiring to the rear.

I had the dealer do mine (no time and no space at home for it) and it came out really well. The only difference is my controller dial is on the centre console, not on the light control module.

I also had them do it in 2 sets. Wiring first, and next week they're doing the hitch + 7 pin connecter mount.

I think as dealers get more experience with this, they'll start offering it as a dealer installed package.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-oem-parts-after-purchase.57393/#post-1647422

BroncoEnvy

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr, 2006 F250 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like the current kit offered by Tekonsha for the 7-pin wiring is only designed for use with the LED tail lights... This could be remedied by using the Curt 4-pin wiring for the halogen lights (https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit-Vehicle-Wiring/Ford/Bronco/2022/C87BR.html?VehicleID=20226009130) and going through the steps detailed in this thread.

Ford Bronco Easy DIY 7-pin tow package complete a

The only other wiring that is need is where the trailer brake controller plugs into the factory wiring, which is located near the accelerator pedal

Ford Bronco Easy DIY 7-pin tow package complete wire

This is where the adapter (red arrow) plugs into that connects and powers the trailer brake controller (blue arrow plugs into TBC).

Ford Bronco Easy DIY 7-pin tow package complete connect 1

This setup will allow you to run the following trailer brake controllers:
Ford Bronco Easy DIY 7-pin tow package complete appz

IF you want to run the Redarc Tow Pro Elite, like most seem to, then you will have to buy this adapter ( Redarc Tow-Pro Wiring Adapter for Tekonsha Brake Controller Harness Redarc Accessories and Parts 331-TPH-017 (etrailer.com) ) which plugs into the adapter supplied with the kit (blue arrows)

Ford Bronco Easy DIY 7-pin tow package complete plu

As you can see the other end is the same as the end supplied with the wiring harness you get when you buy the Redarc TBC and plugs directly into it (green arrows)

Ford Bronco Easy DIY 7-pin tow package complete redarc

The majority of the wiring is installed like the curt 4-pin setup as detailed in the video below

Here's a quick view of the installation instructions
Ford Bronco Easy DIY 7-pin tow package complete install 1

Ford Bronco Easy DIY 7-pin tow package complete install 2

Ford Bronco Easy DIY 7-pin tow package complete install 3

Hope this helps provide further detail and clarification into performing/installing this mod

Last edited:

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It looks like the current kit offered by Tekonsha for the 7-pin wiring is only designed for use with the LED tail lights... This could be remedied by using the Curt 4-pin wiring for the halogen lights (https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit-Vehicle-Wiring/Ford/Bronco/2022/C87BR.html?VehicleID=20226009130) and going through the steps detailed in this thread.

The only other wiring that is need is where the trailer brake controller plugs into the factory wiring, which is located near the accelerator pedal

This is where the adapter (red arrow) plugs into that connects and powers the trailer brake controller (blue arrow plugs into TBC).

This setup will allow you to run the following trailer brake controllers:

IF you want to run the Redarc Tow Pro Elite, like most seem to, then you will have to buy this adapter ( Redarc Tow-Pro Wiring Adapter for Tekonsha Brake Controller Harness Redarc Accessories and Parts 331-TPH-017 (etrailer.com) ) which plugs into the adapter supplied with the kit (blue arrows)

As you can see the other end is the same as the end supplied with the wiring harness you get when you buy the Redarc TBC and plugs directly into it (green arrows)

The majority of the wiring is installed like the curt 4-pin setup as detailed in the video below

Here's a quick view of the installation instructions

Hope this helps provide further detail and clarification into performing/installing this mod
I am not sure if using the curt 4 wire as you described will get you the "reverse" wire feed. Since the curt is only 4 wire, it doesn't pull out the reverse signal from the tail lights. I have the non led taillights and had to swap the wires to get the curt to work on mine months ago. I don't need a 7 pin, but would love to have a 5 pin that includes the reverse wire. (My boat has older surge brakes, the 5th pin reverse wire locks out the brake selonoid on the trailer when backing up). If anybody has an easy way to get access to the reverse wire, would love to know how.

BroncoEnvy

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr, 2006 F250 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not sure if using the curt 4 wire as you described will get you the "reverse" wire feed. Since the curt is only 4 wire, it doesn't pull out the reverse signal from the tail lights. I have the non led taillights and had to swap the wires to get the curt to work on mine months ago. I don't need a 7 pin, but would love to have a 5 pin that includes the reverse wire. (My boat has older surge brakes, the 5th pin reverse wire locks out the brake selonoid on the trailer when backing up). If anybody has an easy way to get access to the reverse wire, would love to know how.
Correct, you would not get the reverse light wire feed using the curt 4 wire. My guess is that the Tekonsha wiring harness gets this from the tail light wiring somehow.

Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well damn, when is someone going to offer a complete kit with all parts needed for wiring, ie controller and all plugs, with minimal splicing like op? You need this, you need that, and parts wise looks to be about $1000. I want the quickest way to install, ain’t no one got 18 hours for install time. This is the best I have seen yet.

OP
OP
SnowshoeBronco

SnowshoeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well damn, when is someone going to offer a complete kit with all parts needed for wiring, ie controller and all plugs, with minimal splicing like op? You need this, you need that, and parts wise looks to be about $1000. I want the quickest way to install, ain’t no one got 18 hours for install time. This is the best I have seen yet.
Here is approximately what I have in it so far:

Tow-Pro EBRH-ACC-V3-NA Kit $225
Tow-Pro TPH-007 Harness $25
MB3Z19D520A - Ford Trailer Hitch Assembly - $300
M2DZ-14A666-B - Ford trailer 7/4 pin plug with bracket -$55
WPT-1659 Ford trailer connector - $40
CURT 4-WAY FLAT OUTPUT, SELECT FORD BRONCO #56468 - $100
Wire - $25

To go all the way like factory (aside from swapping the curt output to Ford OEM), you'd need the trailer tow module which is $200 and all the pins/depinning tools/connectors to integrate into the factory wiring. You'd also need to reflash you computer to "add" tow and clear errors from what I understand.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is approximately what I have in it so far:

Tow-Pro EBRH-ACC-V3-NA Kit $225
Tow-Pro TPH-007 Harness $25
MB3Z19D520A - Ford Trailer Hitch Assembly - $300
M2DZ-14A666-B - Ford trailer 7/4 pin plug with bracket -$55
WPT-1659 Ford trailer connector - $40
CURT 4-WAY FLAT OUTPUT, SELECT FORD BRONCO #56468 - $100
Wire - $25

To go all the way like factory (aside from swapping the curt output to Ford OEM), you'd need the trailer tow module which is $200 and all the pins/depinning tools/connectors to integrate into the factory wiring. You'd also need to reflash you computer to "add" tow and clear errors from what I understand.
Thank you for that

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all, after following some advice I decided to tackle the tow package problem on my rig. I used the ford hitch, 7 pin connector, curt wiring adapter and red arc trailer brake controller. The install was pretty simple:

1. Install curt 4-pin harness per instructions
2. Install redarc trailer brake controller under steering wheel with the pre wired harness for the bronco
3. Add a pigtail to the blue wire from the harness and run through the firewall plug
4. Fish 2 black wires and one blue wire from the engine compartment to the rear receiver ( I did this through a hole in the frame and over the exhaust heat shield)
5. Connect the blue wire in the engine compartment to the pigtail you added, and land the 2 black wires on the positive terminal.
6. Connect all the wires at the receiver to their matching colors (one of the black wires you fished is for the power for the curt adapter)
7. Tie up the wires with zip ties.

Overall, it performs well pulling my trailer and took about 3 hours in total.

Thank you for posting- did I miss other differences between the Ford and curt hitches besides price? The curt is cheaper- what is the Ford advantage?
Sponsored