Sponsored

easy(er) Tahoe trails with some fun and views?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be in the Tahoe area for a week, wondering what trails not named Rubicon are fun to explore for a beginner with some intermediate experience? Fire roads are fine, but something I'd not do with our Jetta is also interesting. I've done Fins'nThings and the 3D trail in Moab, so a bit of rumble and climbing could be fun, views are important, maybe a mountain lake? I am checking Alltrails etc, but also looking for what members here might have done and loved. I'll most likely be by myself, so nothing too tricky where I can get stuck (I will have a radio with me and hope cell coverage isn't too bad either, plus people will know where I'm going), I'll be able to air down/up and have a tire repair kit too, but rather would avoid "that" kind of adventure, have taken the Bronco off road only once so far in Anzo Borrego, nothing off road near me.

Grateful for any tips! I'll be staying at a family camp at Fallen Leaf lake next to South Lake, I just know I'll have to get away from there a couple times to keep my sanity, LOL.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is not too serious stuff on the rubicon trail from Tahoe to the lookout. If ya run into something ya donā€™t want to tackle, just turn around. There is also an easy trail (Barker pass) that goes off to the north top of the hills and back to the lake. Always folks around if ya get in trouble.

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is not too serious stuff on the rubicon trail from Tahoe to the lookout. If ya run into something ya donā€™t want to tackle, just turn around. There is also an easy trail (forget the name) that goes off to the north top of the hills and back to the lake. Always folks around if ya get in trouble.
oh, that's good to know, could be fun to explore a bit of the famous trail, thanks!
Sponsored