Sponsored

Easy to Moderate offroad trail with camping/fishing?

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone - this is going to be my first "real" offroad vehicle so I don't want to push my limits too much until I get a bit of experience.

I'd love to find a good semi-starter trail where I can camp and fish...any suggestions? I'm signing up on trailsoffroad.com - but wow are there a lot of great trails in easy driving distance from Denver.

I'm fairly experienced with camping...although I grew up backpacking so car camping is going to be real luxury for me (and the idea of being somewhere fairly remote and being able to just fix/relax is what got me interested in off-roading in the first place).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a book that has a list of various CO trails and ranks them by difficulty. I don't have it with me or I would send photo of the cover. Good place to start.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Download the CO Trex app. It’s been super helpful for me, and you can download maps to your phone so they’re available offline.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great thank you so much for the advice - I ordered both the "normal" and "northern CO" guidebooks.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Middle St. Vrain is awesome, the entrance is the hardest the trail gets and there's great camping along the trail. If you backpack at the end of the trail is Trailhead to the Indian Peaks Wilderness. Can combine with Cooney Flats, a wee bit harder trail, I believe both are in the Wells books.

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try Chinns Lake by Idaho Springs, definitely more moderate but my stock 04 Xterra made it. You end at a lake (obvs) and my husband kept wishing we had enough time to go fishing while we were up there
Sponsored