First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally I'd feel like a dunce if I paid $ 15k over MSRP for an off the rack vehicle when 6 months or so from now I'll likely be surrounded by a bunch of Broncos whose owners got exactly what they wanted and paid MSRP or less.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doesn't Ebay charge a 10% listing fee? That's a big chunk of change taken out of your profits if so.
I think selling a vehicle it is less. But in general, eBay's final value fee (no listing fees for most sellers) is a ballpark 10% (it is more, but can fluctuate depending on category).

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The most glaring thing is that there are two types of Bronco's being flipped. 1. a reservation holder selling in the next few weeks, and 2. a dealer that advertises today, but sells it to you 6 months out as a loaner car with a few k miles.

In the example of the OBX ebay listing, its scenario #2, so that's a really ambitious ask for $68k. The dealer explictly says cant sell until end of December and it will likely have a few k miles. Any Bronco that falls in the scenario #2 should have a premium easily cut in half. I could see $15-$20k to skip the line and get it today from a individual flipper. But to wait 6 months and get used loaner that is being test driven 10x+ a week for 6 months...should barely fetch a premium.

Last edited:

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At the time of posting this had 30 minutes left… no real pictures. Reserve not met. Anyone on here the one selling it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Ford-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

WILDTRAK W/ SASQUATCH / LUX / FORD CO-PILOT / 354A PACK
He's also the guy that camps outside of Best Buy for the new Play Stations to only resale them later. "Billy ?.. Billy what are you doing in there?" Selling a Bronco Mother !...... "OK, Don't be late for dinner"!

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think selling a vehicle it is less. But in general, eBay's final value fee (no listing fees for most sellers) is a ballpark 10% (it is more, but can fluctuate depending on category).
The seller probably canceled the sale or something similar to avoid ebay fees. It happens a lot.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of idiots trying to flip quickly on ebay. Honestly, if I can get 20K+ over MSRP in August (assuming I get delivery) I'll be one of the idiots because that's simply too much over MSRP to ignore.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The seller probably canceled the sale or something similar to avoid ebay fees. It happens a lot.
I've never bought a vehicle on eBay so I'm not familiar with seller practices.

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't blame the seller honestly. More the buyers who have to have the first brand new shiny thing and pay out the ears for it because of FOMO and that I NEED IT mentality. 15K (let's say it's even 10K in the pocket) is a good chunk of change to pocket for simply getting in early on a preorder. Would love to have a Bronco but would rather have a +10K gain immediately and buy another one down the road.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only wish I had the foresight to be at the switch the second the reservation site opened up, and placed three reservations. If one or two converted to buildable orders, I would be selling them both to someone and wait for my Bronco in MY22, before FE and other first built vehicles start showing up on CarMax in the next month or two.

ravenb99

First Edition
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
you can offer presales of items not in hand as long as you can guarantee delivery in 30 days. So technically not violating anything. They are pretty good about yanking down listings that clearly violate the 30 days. Listing is within those guidelines. Presales always run the risk of delays of the actual product so they are a riskier listing but nothing wrong with it.

Fees on ebay motors are totally different than normal categories and have an insertion fee and a successful selling fee which is not much in either instance. They have a lot of packages for higher volume sellers as well. Its not much at all though.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/motors-fees?id=4127#section1

Few friends are dealers and use them to sell classic cars etc.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who wants to buy some Air Jordans.... Bronco Edition... LOL.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My favorite ebay auction was the one someone posted earlier this year where the guy/gal would let you build the order out , BUT they would be allowed to put up to 500 miles on the new Bronco you were bidding on to build once it was built and delivered...anything over 500 miles the seller would pay $1/mile. Great deal! Hahah!
Sponsored