William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I leave ours in normal most of the time. ECO isn't as much as a neuter job as it is on BMWs so it's fine for me but I find turning the silly knob more of a pita than pushing a button like I do on the BMW (understandable for the ridiculous number of drive modes though).

Sport is definitely more fun and seems to really let the turbos work, I don't feel like throttle response is super lazy but I do think you lose about 3psi per mode (maybe even 4-5). I haven't tested it but it certainly feels like the wastegate operates differently, you can especially tell if you have modified your BOV. When lifting in sport you get a massive whoosh, in normal it's just a soft psssh. Haven't tried in ECO but I'd bet it's even less.
Sponsored

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Full Size 5.0 XLT, 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I seem to get about 1.5-2 mpg more in eco, but it doesn’t seem as responsive. Then again, I’m only at 4K miles and 3 months of ownership

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So am I the only one that absolutely loves how smooth the Bronco drives and shifts in Eco mode? I use it as my normal everyday mode and find that “normal” mode actually gets on my nerves for being too sensitive. When I want to pass someone or get crazy off road it’s just an easy switch up to sport mode. This 10 speed auto trans in Eco mode is the smoothest shifting vehicle I’ve owned.
Eco mode is for city driving . Do you always drive in city? If you use it as your everyday all day mode you’ll get worse gas mileage.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I leave ours in normal most of the time. ECO isn't as much as a neuter job as it is on BMWs so it's fine for me but I find turning the silly knob more of a pita than pushing a button like I do on the BMW (understandable for the ridiculous number of drive modes though).

Sport is definitely more fun and seems to really let the turbos work, I don't feel like throttle response is super lazy but I do think you lose about 3psi per mode (maybe even 4-5). I haven't tested it but it certainly feels like the wastegate operates differently, you can especially tell if you have modified your BOV. When lifting in sport you get a massive whoosh, in normal it's just a soft psssh. Haven't tried in ECO but I'd bet it's even less.
I hear that. I have a 440i and when I put it in eco mode it feels like half of the get up and go is gone.

My Bronco is a FE so I think I gotta forscan on Sport if I want it.

Sponsored

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hear that. I have a 440i and when I put it in eco mode it feels like half of the get up and go is gone.

My Bronco is a FE so I think I gotta forscan on Sport if I want it.
I'd do it, Sport is definitely sportier, there's a little section I like to sprint on if nobody is around and the M440i will top at 88 on the shift from 3-4 and I've seen 78 or so in the bronco, its a short little run from a turn at probably 20 or so and I always lift at the bend and coast the mile or so to the turn for work.

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like eco mode with the manual transmission when driving in the city especially when starting out from a stop using 1st and 2nd gear a lot. It makes the shifts so much smoother.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like eco mode with the manual transmission when driving in the city especially when starting out from a stop using 1st and 2nd gear a lot. It makes the shifts so much smoother.
You know you're the one doing the shifting, right? :LOL:

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Being an old guy - why does this thread sound so familiar to me?

Oh yeah, now I remember… the year was 1981. The “4-6-8” Cadillac engine ! :D

Ahh….good times.

Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, maybe just change the name from eco to something cooler and it’d be fine ehh? Maybe “mellow” mode, or how about “calm” mode? Hahaha!
Chill Brauh Mode....or Dude mode?

• Haha
Reactions: JTM

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didnt even know My Wildtrak had ECO mode. I think my knob is broken because it seems to either be in Normal or Sport mode :) With the Ford Performance Tune it stays in Normal more than Sport now (mostly because my Wife now likes to ride and drive in it more because of the snowy Minnesota winter). My father also taught me that the accelerator pedal was an "On/Off" switch :)

OBXBronco22

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just had to Smh and laugh when I seen that calm screen. Figured why not have a calm mode too? Lol
I guess I’m still in experiment stage because I’ve only had this thing a month. Doing my daily commute I’ve just noticed the smoothness of shifting in eco compared to normal. Trust me though, I’ve already had advance Trac off and ripping through the snow in the woods. Love the power and transmission!
The calm screen caught me off guard too until I actually left it on and realized it’s not a screen but actually eliminates the extra information. Seriously, who needs to constantly monitor so much data while driving. I don’t need to constantly think about my mpg or which seatbelts are in when I’m in the road. Calm it is for me now. I need a calm mode on my phone.

Also, cancelling my custom tag and reordering ECOCALM

Joking aside, agreed with eco mode. When you’re in no rush it feels smoother and quieter as it keeps the RPMs lower. I flip between that, regular, and sport depending on my mood and objective in traffic.
Sponsored