Sponsored

EcoBoost 2.7L reliability over 100K miles in other Ford vehicles?

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know the "bronco" forum is not the best place to ask this question, but I was wondering if anybody out there has had or have a Edge or F150 with this engine and how it has fared over 100k miles , any major engine / turbo repairs. I ask cause I'm one of these guys who like to keep a vehicle till the wheels fall off, and I hear a lot of the "I don't trust the ecoBoost engines from Ford" talk from friends and co-workers. Love to hear some stories about these motors with over 150k miles
Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know the "bronco" forum is not the best place to ask this question, but I was wondering if anybody out there has had or have a Edge or F150 with this engine and how it has fared over 100k miles , any major engine / turbo repairs. I ask cause I'm one of these guys who like to keep a vehicle till the wheels fall off, and I hear a lot of the "I don't trust the ecoBoost engines from Ford" talk from friends and co-workers. Love to hear some stories about these motors with over 150k miles
You will have better luck searching the other f 1 5 0 F o r u m, not the brother to this bronco forum.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only other vehicle that has had the current second generation 2.7L in the Bronco is the F-150. The Edge had the first generation 2.7L engine... but it never had the second generation.

So you need to find someone who had a 2018 F-150 or later. And I don't know how many people you will find that drive their F-150 25,000+ miles a year. I'm sure there are a handful of businesses that will do that, but probably not very many personal owners.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only other vehicle that has had the current second generation 2.7L in the Bronco is the F-150. The Edge had the first generation 2.7L engine... but it never had the second generation.

So you need to find someone who had a 2018 F-150 or later. And I don't know how many people you will find that drive their F-150 25,000+ miles a year. I'm sure there are a handful of businesses that will do that, but probably not very many personal owners.
The 2.7L was first available in 2015 F-150. There are some around with over 100K miles, it's all in the maintenance!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Plenty of threads and posts on the 2.7 reliability. How is this even a new question?

Enjoy a plastic oil pan and turbos that will both fail just outside of warranty.

Now you won't have to look for any answers, you're welcome. Close thread.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2.7L was first available in 2015 F-150. There are some around with over 100K miles, it's all in the maintenance!
That was the first generation 2.7L. Second generation was introduced in 2018.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
rayhil67

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an f150 with a 2.7. No issues with the exception of the cam phasers. They make noise after some time, most engines do. Ford flashed the computer which they thought would help, it didn’t. I ran Lucas which fixed it and I sold it when I got my bronco.

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a neighbor with a 2.7 in his f150 with over 100k. He has had good luck with it but did have a turbo fail and was covered under warranty. He loves it and has no plans of getting rid of it. Had another neighbor that had a mountain of problems with his 2.7 and traded it for a 5.0 f150. I think both of these trucks were 2018s. Just like any other motors there are lemons maintenance and how the truck is used is a huge factor in life span of these trucks.
Sponsored