DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I see a lot of positives, but what am I giving up by tuning the engine? If Ford offers it with a warranty, how interested should I be? The manual transmission is a must-have for me, so I'm going with the 2.3L. Let's say this will be my daily driver, with only the occasional weekend off-road adventure.
potentially longevity of the motor. I believe the Ford Performance offers a reduced warranty with the tune.... only 3yr/36K?

Ive had good luck with tuned turbo cars but always have to expect the worst.

the fun factor of potentially adding 50-100 Hp and torque is worth the risk! I drove my cars stock for about 5k miles and then the mods began:) it’s like getting a new car
Sponsored

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bootmod3 on a 2016 M3. Virtually no lag stock but tuned there was a bit.

As far as inconsistency it was likely due to them running 5-6# of boost over stock on turbos not designed for it. It was fast as crap don't get me wrong. But I hated the way the power curve felt.
What you felt was most likely the software limiting torque to account for the torque spike on fast spooling, small turbos. While it "felt" like lag, it was the software saving your internals.

So, in other words, you're both right? lol The turbo did spool quicker, but you weren't getting all the Hrsprs.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you felt was most likely the software limiting torque to account for the torque spike on fast spooling, small turbos. While it "felt" like lag, it was the software saving your internals.

So, in other words, you're both right? lol The turbo did spool quicker, but you weren't getting all the Hrsprs.
Yeah no that wasnt it. It was lag.

CARdiac

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 Alpha, MINI Cooper S JCW, TVR 280i
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Because more power makes it more fun, faster acceleration, better power curve, Top end, sometimes better fuel economy, etc, etc. thought this is kind of obvious? Besides what’s the point of even buying a Bronco or Wrangler at all? Mostly for FUN as they can’t really tow, noisy with softops, limited cargo space.

People will take anything to the drag strip so I fully expect to see Posts about Broncos at the strip. I personally have never been to a drag strip but I will be interested to see how Broncos do.
I have a custom tune on my Hummer H3. My vehicle is NA with a cai and upgraded exhaust. The tune really wakes up the vehicle and I like the new shift points. I even gained 2 mpg, go figure. I am looking forward to the options for the 2.7.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the idea of running a tune. From what I understand you can setup dual tunes. So you can have an E30 tune and a 91 tune?

Is that easy to accomplish? 91 to save some shekels and E30 for party time... the mullet of tunes if you will.
Sponsored