Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have some questions for anyone willing to answer. Im new to the word of ECU tuning. I am interested in getting one when I get my Warthog in.
1) Are there any ECU tuners beside the plug in play JB4 has to offer?
2) When watching a video, I had heard this person mention that right now it’s not accessible to anyone at the moment, does this mean that an ECU tune is out of the question at the moment?
3) What are some benefits to a Ecu tune, what are the cons?
4) What can one expect to pay when looking to get a tune?

Thank you in advance. I appreciate the future input, I’ll be responding to anyone that posts here.
Are you scheduled? When did you get notified?
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
COBB offers a TCM (transmission control module) tune on the 3.5 and I would imagine they would do the same on the 3.0 IF they decide to tune the 3.0.

I would pay big money for the ability to remove the hyper aggressive downshifting in sport and baja mode and make the modes more drivable.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
the trans would blow SO you would NEVER see 500hp at the wheels on the Bronco.

I just want reliability and 500hp at the tires. I mean it’s supposed to be a performance vehicle so how about some performance!

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

10R60 will not live a long life with 500rwhp and 37's. At least there is upgraded clutch packs available in the aftermarket. Too bad there is not tuning support available yet. I'm not touching mine until actual tuning software is available.

OP
OP
rivasrubicon

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Whipple should hopefully have some numbers here shortly. When I was out there last week Dustin and Nick were working together with their lead calibrator to build the files. Should be pretty sweet once they've got it all wrapped up.
337045213_1381523212405175_7594915517572139268_n.jpeg
Thanks for the update!
Are you scheduled? When did you get notified?
yesi am! I got the email back in late feb for March. My warthog is in production right now. Window sticker populated this past Saturday.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, to clarify here....

This is a Ford authorized Whipple tune? Specifically, Whipple has not cracked the Braptor ECU? This Whipple tune is not plug and play?

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for the update!

yesi am! I got the email back in late feb for March. My warthog is in production right now. Window sticker populated this past Saturday.
SWEET. Congratulations.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, to clarify here....

This is a Ford authorized Whipple tune? Specifically, Whipple has not cracked the Braptor ECU? This Whipple tune is not plug and play?
This is a Whipple calibration. They use the same software as Ford uses, have a Ford lead calibrator help them build these files and the files get loaded onto Fords server just like your stock calibration is.

I really don’t use the term cracked as they aren’t breaking into anything. A better explaination for it would be that they have access to it. They have and are also given the tools needed to do tune and flash these vehicles.

Lastly, they are indeed plug and play. The Whipple calibration works the same way that the Ford Performance one does. You receive the device, pull the BIN file for it. Send it to Whipple and they email your calibration back once it’s been loaded onto the server. Then you flash the vehicle with the cal and be on your merry way. Whipple’s cals do not get written over by Fords over the air updates as well.

Hope that helps.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is a Whipple calibration. They use the same software as Ford uses, have a Ford lead calibrator help them build these files and the files get loaded onto Fords server just like your stock calibration is.
I really don’t use the term cracked as they aren’t breaking into anything. A better explaination for it would be that they have access to it. They have and are also given the tools needed to do tune and flash these vehicles.
Thanks, so it's simple, an official Ford partner and Ford authorized, indeed without any cracking whatsoever.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco ECU tunes for Bronco Raptor B463CD80-17EF-4DB1-944A-281F2A9055D7

The numbers are IN! 😱 Whipple Superchargers has their tuning done for the new Bronco Raptor, picking up 60rwhp with their tune & intercooler on 93 octane. Whew!

Red = Stock
Blue = Whipple Intercooler & Tune | 91 octane
Green= Whipple Intercooler & Tune | 93 octane

Available to ship Monday. Carb pending http://www.lethalperformance.com

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would just wait for someone like Livernois to crack the encryption so you can get a custom tune to fit your specific needs. The piggy back modules like the JB4 are nice for now, but to unlock real power you need a custom tune.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would just wait for someone like Livernois to crack the encryption so you can get a custom tune to fit your specific needs. The piggy back modules like the JB4 are nice for now, but to unlock real power you need a custom tune.
As I posted prior, Ford significantly beefed up encryption on this ECU, likely just more bits, and it's unlikely to be cracked. They want the money going to tuners today (or at least a share of it).

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also, great work here Whipple! Very nice numbers, looks like close to 500 crank HP on 93.

Is there any possibility of a tune that can accommodate 91, 93 and something like an ethanol blend making something like 95 effective octane. Something that accommodated different fills and provides benefits for all would be ideal. Since the factory ECU can pretty well do this, why not tunes?
Sponsored