Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love this a lot. I've thought about uses for those taped holes on the roll cage and this is better than what I imagined. What you have here would be perfect for mounting a long gun rack for rifles/shotguns to be tucked up out of the way and out of sight and to take advantage of the full width of the interior.
Sponsored

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The brackets are now available to ship at www.puravidaoffroad.com. I'm winging it on building the Godaddy website, so hopefully everything works ok. Let me know if there's any issues. I got product shipping quotes from $16-$31 to a variety of US locations, so I set flat rate shipping of $15 to share the cost. ]

I really wanted a better way to store my traction boards that would keep them out of the way when I don't need them. I'm a weekend warrior after all, and I consider my ARB boards as mostly insurance to someday get me out of a bind.

I used the existing nutserts in the rear of the roll bar to mount the brackets. I don't think the very early 4 doors had them, however, mine was built in October of 2021, so there's a few M8x1.25 holes that are perfect.

The mounted boards tuck right up inside the hardtop and you really don't even know they're there. They're tucked high enough that from the drivers seat, they don't obstruct the view at all. I'll have to put the top back on and get some more photos for you guys. They for sure fit the ARB boards (@Ryan at ARB ) and the Maxtrax boards, however, I haven't tested any other boards.

I found a local shop here in Utah to cut and bend the 12 gauge steel and another local shop to powder coat. Made the USA!

Let me know what you guys think. Unfortunately, the 2 door has a different roll bar design and this will not fit a 2 door. Theoretically, this will fit a 4 door soft top, but I highly doubt you can retract the roof back all the way without interference.

Brandon

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg
7.jpg

Here’s some pics with the hard top back on.
3709907B-B741-416C-808A-1AE2289B9E62.jpeg

5917AC34-7EC3-4E52-B912-C27349E744C1.jpeg

846F202E-1B0E-43E9-B5C0-1CCAA2B4C5B6.jpeg
Great idea! im just bummed i do not have those threaded holes on my Bronco, being an early 2021 Base.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love this a lot. I've thought about uses for those taped holes on the roll cage and this is better than what I imagined. What you have here would be perfect for mounting a long gun rack for rifles/shotguns to be tucked up out of the way and out of sight and to take advantage of the full width of the interior.
Interesting. I posted a sneak peak of an attic tray I'm working on in my main thread. I'm wondering if you'd just lash it down in there, or you'd need a specific rack for a rifle?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Honestly, this is a really cool idea, and you can always strap them to the spare if you have to use them and get them too muddy to go back inside. Better than carrying them on the spare full time and looking like a total highway poser.

A gear shelf up there would be badass as well.

I wonder if you could incorporate a shelf beneath these. Would block some visibility but also catch some falling dirt from the boards.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Interesting. I posted a sneak peak of an attic tray I'm working on in my main thread. I'm wondering if you'd just lash it down in there, or you'd need a specific rack for a rifle?
That is awesome! I want the attic tray. That's exactly what I need for some out of the way storage.

Sponsored

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey OP - very nice fab... simple and effective... love that "attic" shelf thing you mentioned in another thread too. And I'm stealing how you mounted that Element Fire Extinguisher there too... I currently have it velcro-strapped to my seat back but I like angle mount.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If these are used to get you out of mud and dirt then once you use them, they are covered with mud/dirt, etc., you are going to put them back inside your truck and strap them near the roof as they drop all the mud, water, etc. on the inside of your truck and gear? Looks like they are well make, but not sure this is the best location for them. I've always seen these on the roof rack, strapped to the rear tire, etc. Maybe you should look at the brackets to fit the roof racks or for a rear tire install. My 2¢.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If these are used to get you out of mud and dirt then once you use them, they are covered with mud/dirt, etc., you are going to put them back inside your truck and strap them near the roof as they drop all the mud, water, etc. on the inside of your truck and gear? Looks like they are well make, but not sure this is the best location for them. I've always seen these on the roof rack, strapped to the rear tire, etc. Maybe you should look at the brackets to fit the roof racks or for a rear tire install. My 2¢.
Valid feedback however this is for weekend warriors like me that will rarely ever use them. Good insurance to keep out of sight and out of mind. If they get trashed on that rare occasion, then you can strap them to the rear tire until you can clean them, then store them until the next rare occasion.

Besides, I’m in Utah where we don’t have mud 😀

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will send you some mud off my soft top if you wish? Trade value-special Oregon trail deal⛈.
Success to you- remember the soft top owners...we are many.
I have a set on a soft top right now however, I haven't seen it in person yet. I'm told there's actually an inch between the rear of the bracket and the rear window so I think you're good. Additionally, the soft top sits higher than the MIC hard top so height should be no issue.

Either way, I'm going to get a set on a soft top by this weekend and do a more thorough evaluation and measurement. Stay tuned.

Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a set on a soft top right now however, I haven't seen it in person yet. I'm told there's actually an inch between the rear of the bracket and the rear window so I think you're good. Additionally, the soft top sits higher than the MIC hard top so height should be no issue.

Either way, I'm going to get a set on a soft top by this weekend and do a more thorough evaluation and measurement. Stay tuned.
Already signed up to your website ..you emailed me today...Will stay pumped.

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow what a cool product! This is something that’s definitely on my to buy list. Just need my Bronco to be built so I can throw you money!

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are companies that make purpose built rifle racks that could probably be mounted to that attic shelf. They have electronic releases and everything. Think law enforcement.

There are also simple clamps with a piece of rubber or Velcro you stretch over the long gun to secure it. Kind of like this Gun rack .

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The brackets are now available to ship at www.puravidaoffroad.com. I'm winging it on building the Godaddy website, so hopefully everything works ok. Let me know if there's any issues. I got product shipping quotes from $16-$31 to a variety of US locations, so I set flat rate shipping of $15 to share the cost. ]

I really wanted a better way to store my traction boards that would keep them out of the way when I don't need them. I'm a weekend warrior after all, and I consider my ARB boards as mostly insurance to someday get me out of a bind.

I used the existing nutserts in the rear of the roll bar to mount the brackets. I don't think the very early 4 doors had them, however, mine was built in October of 2021, so there's a few M8x1.25 holes that are perfect.

The mounted boards tuck right up inside the hardtop and you really don't even know they're there. They're tucked high enough that from the drivers seat, they don't obstruct the view at all. I'll have to put the top back on and get some more photos for you guys. They for sure fit the ARB boards (@Ryan at ARB ) and the Maxtrax boards, however, I haven't tested any other boards.

I found a local shop here in Utah to cut and bend the 12 gauge steel and another local shop to powder coat. Made the USA!

Let me know what you guys think. Unfortunately, the 2 door has a different roll bar design and this will not fit a 2 door. Theoretically, this will fit a 4 door soft top, but I highly doubt you can retract the roof back all the way without interference.

Brandon

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg
7.jpg

Any thought on making this an inch or so lower so it's easier to get out of the MIC top?

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f250 king ranch 4wd, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brandon

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg
7.jpg

Fantastic idea! I'd buy but my early 21 4 door doesn't have those nutserts on the angled pillar. Too bad there isn't an alternative mounting option.
Sponsored