Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Rob,
I haven't purchased these. yet. I really like the idea, but besides making sure it fits my Borne traction boards, I'm not sure about that 1/2" space between the boards and my soft top. I asked about it, but didn't get a full answer... They did state that they should mount which is great, but I can't afford to damage my top. I guess I can always put something in between the mounted boards and the top, but if it came loose and caused any damage, I would be livid.. I recently ordered the full Hammer Built spare tire reinforcement set up which can also mount traction boards, but they haven't said a word about my order timeframe after a week. If HB doesn't answer in short order I'll be cancelling my order and looking back at this Pura Vida option. If you end up ordering please let me know how they work out! :cool:
Apologies for the delay. I've been pretty laid up being non-Covid sick and just haven't coordinated with my neighbor. I'll see if he's around, or if anyone in the Salt Lake City area has a soft top and wants to test it out, please DM me.
Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Rob,
I haven't purchased these. yet. I really like the idea, but besides making sure it fits my Borne traction boards, I'm not sure about that 1/2" space between the boards and my soft top. I asked about it, but didn't get a full answer... They did state that they should mount which is great, but I can't afford to damage my top. I guess I can always put something in between the mounted boards and the top, but if it came loose and caused any damage, I would be livid.. I recently ordered the full Hammer Built spare tire reinforcement set up which can also mount traction boards, but they haven't said a word about my order timeframe after a week. If HB doesn't answer in short order I'll be cancelling my order and looking back at this Pura Vida option. If you end up ordering please let me know how they work out! :cool:
Much appreciated and totally understandable - I wouldn't want to graze that soft-top every time I go to put it back! I'll post back here with an update once I've received my Black Diamond and get a chance to try mounting these bad boys. Regarding tail gate reinforcement setups, I'm trying to find one that'll let me mount a Hi-Lift and some jerry cans or rotopax, but haven't found one just yet. Love the look of the Hammer Built one, but don't think they have an attachment for a Hi-Lift at this time

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Much appreciated and totally understandable - I wouldn't want to graze that soft-top every time I go to put it back! I'll post back here with an update once I've received my Black Diamond and get a chance to try mounting these bad boys. Regarding tail gate reinforcement setups, I'm trying to find one that'll let me mount a Hi-Lift and some jerry cans or rotopax, but haven't found one just yet. Love the look of the Hammer Built one, but don't think they have an attachment for a Hi-Lift at this time
Finally connected with my neighbor that has a soft top, and when I went to install the bracket I realized that he has a June 2021 build that didn't have the available nutserts in the roll bar. Ugh. Those nutserts weren't available until later in 2021. Back to the drawing board to find another local soft top. :cry:

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 1955 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally connected with my neighbor that has a soft top, and when I went to install the bracket I realized that he has a June 2021 build that didn't have the available nutserts in the roll bar. Ugh. Those nutserts weren't available until later in 2021. Back to the drawing board to find another local soft top. :cry:
I'm in KY and would gladly try them to see if they work

DropHunter

Black Diamond
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a soft top and ordered a set just to see. I have not installed them to test out the top folding back. I went to install them and the issue is the back flipping up will rub the window against the mount.

Sponsored

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 1955 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a soft top and ordered a set just to see. I have not installed them to test out the top folding back. I went to install them and the issue is the back flipping up will rub the window against the mount.
any pictures?

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for checking that. When I designed these for my MIC hard top, I assumed that there is no way the soft top will fold all the way back, however, I wasn't sure if lifting the back would also be an issue.

How far away is the window from the rear of the bracket when the soft top is fully latched and closed?

DropHunter

Black Diamond
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for checking that. When I designed these for my MIC hard top, I assumed that there is no way the soft top will fold all the way back, however, I wasn't sure if lifting the back would also be an issue.

How far away is the window from the rear of the bracket when the soft top is fully latched and closed?
It touches when it is up, It is pretty close when down maybe an inch.

IMG_7236.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7237.jpg

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It touches when it is up, It is pretty close when down maybe an inch.

IMG_7236.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7237.jpg
Thank you so much for the pics and feedback.

I have a new prototype being cut and bent right now that moves the platform forward (toward the driver) another inch. Will that be enough to not hit the window when raised? I'm not sure yet how that inch will affect mounting the ARB GT boards under the bracket without hitting the speaker, so we'll have to see if that's even viable.

DropHunter

Black Diamond
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a new prototype being cut and bent right now that moves the platform forward (toward the driver) another inch. Will that be enough to not hit the window when raised? I'm not sure yet how that inch will affect mounting the ARB GT boards under the bracket without hitting the speaker, so we'll have to see if that's even viable.
I just put the passenger side on to take a pic. I will put both of them on this weekend plus the boards and see what that does.

Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about changing the angle to parallel the roll bar? I'd only mount boards when needed, so could maintain visibility most of the time.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about changing the angle to parallel the roll bar? I'd only mount boards when needed, so could maintain visibility most of the time.
The biggest downside to that is that it would block rear visibility. I designed these to get my boards out of the way. I forget whether I even have them with me right now.
Ford Bronco I designed and fabricated traction board mounts -- for Bronco roll bar 472EF6D2-D1BB-4117-853D-5BBEE0299AF1

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The biggest downside to that is that it would block rear visibility. I designed these to get my boards out of the way. I forget whether I even have them with me right now.
Ford Bronco I designed and fabricated traction board mounts -- for Bronco roll bar 472EF6D2-D1BB-4117-853D-5BBEE0299AF1
That would be ideal, but with having the soft top if my options are a) it just won't work or b) I lose visibility, I'll definitely take b).

DropHunter

Black Diamond
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

any pictures?

If the top rail was positioned forward just a touch, it would not touch the back window being propped up. The top will not fully be retracted down with this installed. On the otherhand with there only being four bolts holding this in you can easily take it off drop the top and put it back on. Now that depends on the weather and your plans.

IMG_7283.jpg

IMG_7282.jpg

IMG_7281.jpg

IMG_7280.jpg

IMG_7279.jpg

IMG_7277.jpg

IMG_7278.jpg

IMG_7275.jpg

IMG_7276.jpg

IMG_7273.jpg

IMG_7274.jpg

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the top rail was positioned forward just a touch, it would not touch the back window being propped up. The top will not fully be retracted down with this installed. On the otherhand with there only being four bolts holding this in you can easily take it off drop the top and put it back on. Now that depends on the weather and your plans.

Ford Bronco I designed and fabricated traction board mounts -- for Bronco roll bar IMG_7274

Ford Bronco I designed and fabricated traction board mounts -- for Bronco roll bar IMG_7274

Wow, these are great photos. Thank you so much for taking the time to document. If I’m understanding correctly, if I move the platform forward an inch, you shouldn’t have issues lifting the rear?
Sponsored