indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep. I had the same feeling. I can't help but think there is no way they go without some sort of Blue color though. It makes zero sense. We'll find out soon enough, since Esteban stated they want the color palette out as soon as possible so people can figure out their situation. Who knows...

At this point I have a backup plan for VB, so I'm not sweating it... yet.
Yes, it was the statement you mentioned from Esteban, that gave me the impression some current colors might get dropped. Because otherwise, he could have said the current colors will remain, with addition of the new green.

One of the pleasant surprises of the Bronco launch, has been a reasonable selection of colors on the base model. (Sometimes a base model will have a very small color selection.) I sure hope Ford doesn't mess that up for 2022.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This brings up a good point. How will B&P handle price protection? Orders after 3/19 will not be price protected. Those prices my friends are going up. Bigly. 2 price books? Different B&P access point?
I am not price protected, but I won't pay much more than what I am. BDSquatch 4dr 2.3l 10spd + mid, tow, MIC = $49,710. I know that's going to rise but anything that crests $51k will make me question buying it in late 2022 or 2023.

Fully expect the increases. Hopefully that comes with a better top and maybe some better interior materials, but I already expect that it will not.

OP
OP
BroncoT

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This brings up a good point. How will B&P handle price protection? Orders after 3/19 will not be price protected. Those prices my friends are going up. Bigly. 2 price books? Different B&P access point?
Another point, companies try to hide or veil their markup. Fine, customers can see MSRP increases, but they don’t like it being easy to do a line by line comparison because it gives competitors insight in to their pricing strategy and customer leverage in negotiations. I know this because I’ve managed it.

yes, anyone can track, it just needs to be difficult. make the juice not worth the squeeze. Tracking thousands of changes across hundreds of models is tough if it’s not formatted in a data inout friendly way.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I forgot one... I'd like the tow package option for 4dr BaseSas as well.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered AMB paint. It's looking like I'm screwed for 2022. I don't know about the green. I can't say that I am excited for 2022.
Same here, that is why Shadow Black I kept as a back up Color. The rumor mill says 2022 Ford GT500 Oil Slick Blue-Purple which looks near to AMB but will have to see it in person to approve. If it comes to MY22 Bronco.
https://mustangfanclub.com/2022-shelby-gt500-color-options/

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not price protected, but I won't pay much more than what I am. BDSquatch 4dr 2.3l 10spd + mid, tow, MIC = $49,710. I know that's going to rise but anything that crests $51k will make me question buying it in late 2022 or 2023.

Fully expect the increases. Hopefully that comes with a better top and maybe some better interior materials, but I already expect that it will not.
I absolutely will not pay much more for a 2022/23 Bronco. No way I will subsides lower prices for early reservationists. I won't buy a Bronco for spite (like George Costanza), lol.

Seriously though, I'll be driving a nice red base Wrangler and loving it, if Ford pulls some price shenanigans. And I'll do it with the boatload of money I made having bought Ford stock at $5 a share!

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I absolutely will not pay much more for a 2022/23 Bronco. No way I will subsides lower prices for early reservationists. I won't buy a Bronco for spite (like George Costanza), lol.

Seriously though, I'll be driving a nice red base Wrangler and loving it, if Ford pulls some price shenanigans. And I'll do it with the boatload of money I made having bought Ford stock at $5 a share!
I can't do the Wrangler. Tried convincing myself but to get the Rubicon with the capabilities of my BD it would run $61k. Even more for the Gladiator.

I'll wait patiently and then decide when it arrives. Unlike others, I have two functional vehicles that will hopefully carry me to delivery.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford had been very specific; they will hold MSRP where applicable. My conjecture is that the mechanism may involve rebating the difference back to the dealer from current MSRP, however the 'invoice' pricing might jump the full amount of any MSRP adjustment, screwing those with invoice based deals.
No matter how they do it, I expect the dealers to come out ahead and us to lose some ground.

Crossing fingers for the option to undo the visual atrocities that Missy calls interior color accents on the knobs, grab handles, and chicklets.
Got this today:

04%2Fm%2F15%2Ff3e4475b-f559-464e-8f81-f478f92498fd.png
Dear Future Bronco Owner,
There's nothing we want more than to get your Bronco to you.

But unfortunately, we're having appearance and quality issues with our hardtop roofs, such that Broncos produced to date will have their roofs replaced.
As you can imagine this is causing further delays in production timing, because we need to replace all existing hardtop roofs before we can make any new hardtop Broncos. As a result, we will not be able to get you a 2021 model year Bronco with a hardtop.
We know it's no consolation for the delay but for 2022 you'll have access to new colors, new options, and new special editions. More details on 2022 ordering will be sent out in September. Your dealer will reach out at that time to place your order and see how they might be able to help with any vehicle needs, making the wait for your Bronco a little more bearable. As a reminder, your reservation timestamp will remain with your order for scheduling priority in the 2022 model year.
And if you want your Bronco sooner, consider switching to a 4-door soft top with hardtop prep kit – your dealer can help make that happen and get you out into the wild sooner.
We will also continue to show how much we appreciate your patience with exclusive Bronco swag and experiences until you're behind the wheel.
Please click here for more information and details on this announcement.
This isn't the email you wanted but we thank you for your ongoing patience as we continue the hard work of bringing back a legend.
The Entire Bronco Team

Dannyboy71

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone with a Velocity Blue OBX on order, I am really just anxious at this point. Currently have a 2017 Lightning Blue Mustang and I was excited to continue the vibrant blue tradition in my "pony cars" line up. I don't really care about the MIC top being added; I've only ever wanted a soft top. I'm excited to see the Warthog (as someone who grew up playing the Halo franchise- they better have an army green color to go with it lol), but what I really want is a V8 engine option. I really feel like they dropped the ball on that one.

I guess I'll add it to my list of disappointments for this launch.

The transmission specs on these Broncos worry me a little, and I would love to see them drop a new one of those in too while I'm typing out my "I can dream it but it will never happen" list. 🙃 Interior colors I am fine with, since I do want a blue car and it will match.

If they terminate Velocity Blue, the only other color I would want is
Oil Slick Blue-Purple
on the new GT500s. That is one badass color.
Hate to say it,… but I don’t think any of that is going to happen.🙁

Sponsored

King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Special Editions. Wonder what those may be. As pointed out, probably not heritage unless maybe a white or tan soft top. Curious.

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My hope is this, a tan top would be even better
Ford Bronco (Edited with adds) I am suddenly excited about the MY22 B&P release 1628880892448

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco (Edited with adds) I am suddenly excited about the MY22 B&P release 1628901243136