Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FCTP Units, orders customers don’t want, orders customers do want….

The thing to remember is a lot of these dealership websites are automated as much as possible, which means when a vehicle with a VIN is on its way, the info will auto populate on the website.

This can be true for retail orders that already have a buyer.

Some dealerships take the time to curate the website and remove those listings… and others leave them up… because they don’t have the time and/or they know it will trick people into walking through the door who thought something was available that isn’t.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will Ford be adjusting Bronco production lines the next 12 months, to exclusively produce reserved units? Will they stop a version run simply because they hit a reserved limit? I doubt it.

My guess, Ford will try to produce the reserved units, but in the process will build excess units, which will go for sale as normal. And those will increase as time goes by.

Basically, I don't see Ford allowing extra production line costs and throwing money away, just to keep a subset of reservation holders happy over exclusivity.

Am I wrong? Do people think Ford will adjust it's entire manufacturing process based only on reservation holders?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will Ford be adjusting Bronco production lines the next 12 months, to exclusively produce reserved units? Will they stop a version run simply because they hit a reserved limit? I doubt it.

My guess, Ford will try to produce the reserved units, but in the process will build excess units, which will go for sale as normal. And those will increase as time goes by.

Basically, I don't see Ford allowing extra production line costs and throwing money away, just to keep a subset of reservation holders happy over exclusivity.

Am I wrong?
Do people think Ford will adjust it's entire manufacturing process based only on reservation holders?
I don't think so. It would be foolish for Ford if they didn't maximize their Bronco production. Stopping Bronco builds just because they don't have the commodities to fill reserved orders is pissing away profits. I won't like it, but I can understand it. :)

tmal1005

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

9A5970D3-F3E6-459C-9150-AE85E68F23F2.jpeg

This morning I was skimming the Edmunds app and noticed they had Bronco SUV available as an option. Multiple dealerships around the country show them sitting on their lots as “available”. The comments are funny as “recent oil change, been on lot 32 days...” As we all wait for our Bronco’s to arrive, skim through some of the “available” models and see how dealerships are listing them.
The 2 largest ford dealerships in Wichita each have approximately 25-30 “in transit” , both sales Managers told me that they will receive them spread out over the next 3 weeks and will sell them at MSRP, most are Outer Banks. All are 4dr, mid package, rear lockers, soft top and a few BDs too….they said selling these will help next year’s allocations 🤷🏼
Sponsored