Sponsored

Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all

I installed these on my non-sas recently and had my vehicle aligned. I'm noticing quite a lot of vibrations throughout the whole vehicle... in the steering wheel, in the floor, in the seats. Seems to happen at all different speeds.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Because of this, the ride quality seems much worse than before but it really feels like something is wrong.
Good morning! I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message including your VIN and dealership info at your earliest convenience.
Sponsored

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all

I installed these on my non-sas recently and had my vehicle aligned. I'm noticing quite a lot of vibrations throughout the whole vehicle... in the steering wheel, in the floor, in the seats. Seems to happen at all different speeds.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Because of this, the ride quality seems much worse than before but it really feels like something is wrong.
You must have used the ā€œremove the hubsā€ method of installationā€¦ā€¦sounds like at least one of the axles is not seated correctly in the joint.

plipnoggen

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Thanks --

I installed the front coilovers myself without removing the hub. I had a shop install the rears though, as I couldn't break the lower mounting bolt on the stock assembly.

I can check the hub but it shouldn't be loose... I never removed it.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi all

was vibration there before alignment or happen after alignment?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We installed them on our First Edition and they feel great. We did the full RPG suspension setup at the same time and run 37's. They're really smooth and handle really well offroading. We'll be taking our First Edition and Bronco Raptor to the Ol Florida offroad event this weekend so we'll be sure to share content of them both once we're back and the footage is edited.

Sponsored

plipnoggen

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
was vibration there before alignment or happen after alignment?
Both. I had been hoping that the alignment would relieve the vibrations but it didnt seem to help in any significant way.

I do plan to take it in to make sure my wheels are balanced properly... but these vibrations seem to be at all levels of speed (not just higher speeds).

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Both. I had been hoping that the alignment would relieve the vibrations but it didnt seem to help in any significant way.

I do plan to take it in to make sure my wheels are balanced properly... but these vibrations seem to be at all levels of speed (not just higher speeds).
likely not your wheels if they were balanced before lift and in my experience unbalanced tires usually arent noticable till at highway speed like you said.. I would be skeptical of the alignment. Did they give you all your numbers prior to alignment and post? My money is on the alignment.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
track bar shouldnt cause vibration but is your axle centered in the back after install? Not sure how high you went,but adjustable track bar or a relocation bracket is usual needed after 2 inches or so. But measuring is easiest way to know. Same amount of distance on each side? Highly unlikely track bar causing any of this though.
Almost sounds like a driveline issue but idk. Above my pay grade

plipnoggen

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Fair enough. Yea, it's really strange...

As for the trackbar, yes I put on an adjustable one and the alignment shop checked that as well. It was within spec.

Sponsored

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking forward too seeing the results. If you could please get a few pics of the stock coils next to the New ones, once you have them out, for static length comparison. Thanks!
Took me a bit longer to get around to installing these then I would have liked, but itā€™s all wrapped up with supporting modification to max these out. WOW the results. Super happy.

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions? 539A21BD-4345-44EB-8C18-002FD6E298E1

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions? 9EFD2346-0E94-4728-9F26-CA7B19CA7A98

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions? 704024A0-EAB9-4EAA-949D-81245D8D3405

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions? 5BED505F-66CD-410D-9193-1575DA79A312

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions? 814607B7-768F-4335-8BEF-D89DDD08BCE5

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions? 672EB8AB-4B67-45A1-B5A9-EC9CC4CE36D1

6D422265-5E0E-4CE0-9EE0-5F17BF2DF65C.jpeg

Last edited:

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had mine installed last week. Finally had an opportunity to actually give it a drive today. Thereā€™s a gnarly thump in the rear when I hit bump at speed that wasnā€™t present with the OEM coilovers. I have them set to the highest setting. Any thoughts?

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had mine installed last week. Finally had an opportunity to actually give it a drive today. Thereā€™s a gnarly thump in the rear when I hit bump at speed that wasnā€™t present with the OEM coilovers. I have them set to the highest setting. Any thoughts?
So I don't have direct experience with these coil-over on my Bronco, however this seems to be the theme when you install a coil-over on any vehicle and set them to the highest setting since the amount of droop is inherently limited. Thus, when you go over a speed bump etc., the wheel doesn't have enough down travel to return to the ground smoothly and ends up at full extension prior. My friend has these Eibach coil-overs on his 4Runner and is having the presumably same thing where when he goes over a speed bump, he gets a clunk/thump as he is also at max setting. I've heard from others as well this tends to be the case.

On another note how much rear lift did you gain at max setting?

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I don't have direct experience with these coil-over on my Bronco, however this seems to be the theme when you install a coil-over on any vehicle and set them to the highest setting since the amount of droop is inherently limited. Thus, when you go over a speed bump etc., the wheel doesn't have enough down travel to return to the ground smoothly and ends up at full extension prior. My friend has these Eibach coil-overs on his 4Runner and is having the presumably same thing where when he goes over a speed bump, he gets a clunk/thump as he is also at max setting. I've heard from others as well this tends to be the case.

On another note how much rear lift did you gain at max setting?
I appreciate the insight. I was guessing it had something to do with them being set at the max height.

I didnā€™t measure the lift. Specs say itā€™s 3ā€ and Iā€™d say it may even be a bit more.

If I lower the rear down a little do you think it would help? I was considering doing that anyway since I now have a bit of rake that Iā€™m not a fan of

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate the insight. I was guessing it had something to do with them being set at the max height.

I didnā€™t measure the lift. Specs say itā€™s 3ā€ and Iā€™d say it may even be a bit more.

If I lower the rear down a little do you think it would help? I was considering doing that anyway since I now have a bit of rake that Iā€™m not a fan of
Yes I think lowering it a bit would most likely help. I also am seriously considering this coil-over option as price/performance and what most of us need I think puts this lift in a sweet spot. I'm only looking for a 1-1.5" lift all the way around from stock sasquatch height to clear the 37's I'm running. Keeping the lift to a minimum also leaves the front upper and lower control arms in a more neutral position so the ride will be smoother overall. Right now I have some perch collars as a stop gap but I think these Eibachs will be perfect overall for those of us not doing anything super extreme.

I'd like to know your final thoughts on this kit once you have dialed it in where you're happy with it.
Sponsored