Sponsored

Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions?

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I think lowering it a bit would most likely help. I also am seriously considering this coil-over option as price/performance and what most of us need I think puts this lift in a sweet spot. I'm only looking for a 1-1.5" lift all the way around from stock sasquatch height to clear the 37's I'm running. Keeping the lift to a minimum also leaves the front upper and lower control arms in a more neutral position so the ride will be smoother overall. Right now I have some perch collars as a stop gap but I think these Eibachs will be perfect overall for those of us not doing anything super extreme.

I'd like to know your final thoughts on this kit once you have dialed it in where you're happy with it.
This is what I have done and I am extremely happy with the setup. I ended up going with the preset height of about 2" of lift from sasquatch height (2.25" front, 1.75" rear). Everything was still in alignment, but I definitely can't go higher or camber would be out.

The ride is great. Softer than stock, but in a good way. I'll be getting it off road in February to test it out to make sure my 37's still don't rub when stuffed. From what I've been able to test so far, it looks to clear.
Sponsored

BHD2012

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Outback, 2012 Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took me a bit longer to get around to installing these then I would have liked, but it’s all wrapped up with supporting modification to max these out. WOW the results. Super happy.

539A21BD-4345-44EB-8C18-002FD6E298E1.jpeg

9EFD2346-0E94-4728-9F26-CA7B19CA7A98.jpeg

704024A0-EAB9-4EAA-949D-81245D8D3405.jpeg

5BED505F-66CD-410D-9193-1575DA79A312.jpeg

814607B7-768F-4335-8BEF-D89DDD08BCE5.jpeg

672EB8AB-4B67-45A1-B5A9-EC9CC4CE36D1.jpeg

6D422265-5E0E-4CE0-9EE0-5F17BF2DF65C.jpeg
Very nice set up! Its similar to what I have planned. I've already installed the Eibach 2.0 coilovers, but need to get UCA's and the BB bushings & tie rod reinforcements before I take it to the max lift. I've narrowed my choice of UCAs to Icon Delta Pro or SPC. Why did you choose SPC and how was the install? Are the instructions adequate?

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cameron

Black Diamond
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.7l 2 Door BD , '99 Buell X1, '07 DRZ-400
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I don't have direct experience with these coil-over on my Bronco, however this seems to be the theme when you install a coil-over on any vehicle and set them to the highest setting since the amount of droop is inherently limited. Thus, when you go over a speed bump etc., the wheel doesn't have enough down travel to return to the ground smoothly and ends up at full extension prior. My friend has these Eibach coil-overs on his 4Runner and is having the presumably same thing where when he goes over a speed bump, he gets a clunk/thump as he is also at max setting. I've heard from others as well this tends to be the case.

First time trying to insert a quote so bear with me here...
International Riders: Saw your posts earlier and I'm pretty sure I also bit off more than I can chew lift-wise. With zero experience on coilovers, I added the full 3.25" or so on my non-sasquatch.Had it aligned after and it's 100%.
My schedule's prevented me from getting out on some dirt since the install, but I'm pretty sure I made the same mistake with my installation.
I'm most likely going to back off 1.25" to 1.5" to get the best performance out of the Eibachs. I've never owned a 4x4 with IFS or track bar.
My question is this: If I do lower down to a more moderate ride, is it going to change my caster or camber to the point where I'll have to get it realigned?
Thanks in advance for your advice. C

BHD2012

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Outback, 2012 Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had mine installed last week. Finally had an opportunity to actually give it a drive today. There’s a gnarly thump in the rear when I hit bump at speed that wasn’t present with the OEM coilovers. I have them set to the highest setting. Any thoughts?
Did you have supporting mods added? New UCAs, Lower Controls Arms, Upper Control Arms, Traction Bars, Relocation Brackets, Diff drop, Mid Travel A-Arms, Tie Rods? If not, the specs clearly state they are set from the factory to the max the OE geometry will handle, giving 1”+ over Sasquatch. OE+

Last edited:

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I can't give you a concrete answer as to how your alignment will be if you drop it back down. If it was me I would take it in for another front end alignment just to be sure you're not going to put unnecessary wear on tires and joints. It's interesting though that when I did my perch collar install myself and then brought the truck in for alignment - it was so close to within spec that my alignment guy said it would have been likely OK to go without any alignment and showed me the printout which showed such little adjustment to alignment was made. Also like others have mentioned here, it will be pretty much impossible to get proper alignment done perfectly if you lift your rig with the rest of the factory components more than 2" from factory height. You would at least need some different upper control arms. For myself I say since I only lifted it to clear larger tires, lift as much as you need to clear those tires and not anymore.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turns out the problem had nothing to do with the Eibach Coilovers. I put an adjustable rear track bar at the same time. One of the bolts was too long and slamming into the shock mount when the springs would compress. Cut a few threads off and the problem is solved.

I feel a little dumb now.
Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions? D8C8808C-02C1-447C-96F9-B8DE1B61C2C4

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Turns out the problem had nothing to do with the Eibach Coilovers. I put an adjustable rear track bar at the same time. One of the bolts was too long and slamming into the shock mount when the springs would compress. Cut a few threads off and the problem is solved.

I feel a little dumb now.
Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions? D8C8808C-02C1-447C-96F9-B8DE1B61C2C4
Eh, it was fixable and didn't appear to permanently F anything up so . . . no biggie? Lesson learned AND shared, right?

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh, it was fixable and didn't appear to permanently F anything up so . . . no biggie? Lesson learned AND shared, right?
Yea, honestly no big deal and I’m glad it was an easy fix and nothing actually related to the actual coilovers.

Sponsored

Bluray1

Big Bend
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Chevy Avalanche, 2023 C8 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love them and the ride quality is much better than factory. Also got 3” of lift with them without sacrificing ride quality. Worth every penny

Did you have to replace your UCA to get the 3"?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you have to replace your UCA to get the 3"?
I did replace mine and rear lower links, not sure it had to be done but after 3” it’s suggested so I did. Also did the tier 4 track bar from core 4x4

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I installed them last weekend. Rides great now. I also changed out upper control arms. Will be adding adjustable track bar today. Rear axle is about 1 inch further over to passenger side. It was extremely out of alignment after install. But im extremely happy with them. I installed them via dropping lower control arms at frame,didnt touch the axle. Been there done that,no thanks.
It added about 2 inches. Height is even front to back ,I decreased what they were out of box. I dont like the look of all that space in wheel well. I have 35s and still could fit 37s as it sits now. The higher you go the more body roll you will have on roads. Could always put a rear track bar in if you dont have one,but that decreases your off road performance some. Unless you disconnect prior.

Last edited:

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love em but still might get BP51

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions? 1644CF34-D3DD-4734-BA88-FD7321EC9150

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy to report that these coilovers performed flawlessly in my first outing off-road since the install. The ride is overall smoother on and off-road.
Sponsored