Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eibach Pro Lift Kit Springs:

4-door springs: https://eibach.com/us/2883/E30-35-056-01-22-FORD-Bronco-pro-lift-kit
2-door springs: https://eibach.com/us/2961/E30-35-056-01-22-FORD-Bronco-pro-lift-kit

Eibach has just release updated information on their Pro Spring Lift Option. They have approved their spring which is being used on Sasquatch Bilstiens shocks to be also compatible with the badlands none bilstien shock. They advertise

Badlands Non Sasquatch:
Front lift 1.8”
Rear lift 1”

This is a great option especially if you prefer to not use a puck lift or perch collar lift. These springs replace the stock springs with ones that provide the preload needed to achieve the stated lift heights. The suspension will stay within the factory tolerances and not require an upgraded upper control arm. Cost of springs is advertised at $450 for set of four.

Going this route the none Sasquatch Badlands would end up with a final ride height that is taller than the Sasquatch badlands / and all other Sasquatch. I would recommend that one consider adding a 0.4” bump stop extender on the none Sasquatch badlands shocks so that you replicate what Ford did for the Sasquatch set up
Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great find and thanks for the info. I'm likely going this route.

OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great find and thanks for the info. I'm likely going this route.
This is very promising. In theory without test data this should result in retaining the Bilstien performance and rebound and compression zones as the designers intended. It’s improved over using a perch collar lift because you maintain a longer spring travel range (by not shortening the perch distance). Eibach’s design is a progressive spring vs linear so it should perform well. Very inexpensive solution to reuse the badlands bilstiens and get to better than Sasquatch heights

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They seem to recommend modifying the factory bump stops front and rear by trimming them down.

Attachments

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They seem to recommend modifying the factory bump stops front and rear by trimming them down.
No!! I misread the instructions as well. They appear to say that but aftyer discussing it with the Eibach technical department they said ”the instructions say no modifications”. Looking at it again I then saw it that way. So it is confusing yes “I think”. But it does say no modification. His clarification was “the instruction says reuse existing bump stop”.

My understanding is the none Sasquatch badlands bilstien has a bump stop that is about 0.4 inches smaller than the Sasquatch bump stop. It also has more articulation range (also because the bump stop is shorter). When ford makers a Sasquatch bilstien they raised the perch collar up compared to the badlands. They also put in taller bump stop (limiting max compression travel of the 35” tire). Others have reported no issues leaving the bump stop short. I saw one post after a high speed jump they made fender contact with a badlands running 35. So I would say safest rout is replicate Sasquatch and add 0.4 inch bump stop extension

If you in addition to eibach spring added a top hat spacer say 0.5 inch (extending downward travel) you would not need the added bump stop. Now you’re in the zone of upper control arm replacement to deal with added range. Don’t forget to add back also to level out. An example to follow would be zone off-road 3 inch lift with replacement upper control arm. The eibach spring replaces the perch collar lift. A puck on top gives more. Upper control arm deals with longer set up

Last edited:

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it. Thanks for the clarification. The pdf instructions I attached has "Sasquatch" in the title, so they must be the instructions for when you are using those springs on a SAS Badlands. I think they ought to put out clear instructions for non-SAS Badlands use of these springs -- because the springs can apparently be used for both applications but with different bump stop heights.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NOOOOOO, there is no trimming.

I thought the exact same thing when reading those directions, and so did my friend when we went to install them.

I called the company and talked with a tech. There is no trimming suggested. I installed mine on my Sasquatch bronco and they work awesome though. Not quite the lift they advertise, but a very improved ride and a good inch higher, but not the two they promised.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nobody seems to be doing the actual articulation, down travel, droop and full suspension travel calculations for these suspension modifications for Broncos.

Here's an excellent primer and shows how/why you should be aiming for specifics instead of focusing on "lift of X"" or "will fit 3X tires with this", because there are multiple data points well beyond "just do X" lift"

Note: this is part 2, if you don't understand the terms or concepts shown, view his part 1 video.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This means I have to buy 35’s. That is when 33’s wear out.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm very interested in this product and share the articulation concerns. Specifically the downward travel of the OEM Bilsteins and potentially limited droop.

OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm very interested in this product and share the articulation concerns. Specifically the downward travel of the OEM Bilsteins and potentially limited droop.
I’m also wanting an option to maintain the stock bilstien performing inside of there design parameter and keeping droop as designed for the geometry. A perch collar only lift accomplishes that. Of course you slightly shorten the spring to create the preload. That’s apparently what is being done on sasquatch set up as the perch collar is set about 0.4 inches higher. This is all perfect for 35” tires on the badlands shocks. Raising a sasquatch gains you over 2” in the front. I’m not in the 37” club so haven’t paid attention to the everything else needed to get this to work reliably for that size. Braptor obviously is a totally different vehicle designed for 37

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody seems to be doing the actual articulation, down travel, droop and full suspension travel calculations for these suspension modifications for Broncos.
My bronco is the one that Eibach used to test their springs on.

If I had been doing the install myself, I would have absolutely cycled the suspension. While the springs were removed I could have easily thrown the shock back on along with the tire to check full compression numbers and clearances.

If for any reason I have the suspension off again, I plan to do a more in depth look.

Hopefully someone else that plans on installing these can do this and give us a little more insight.
Sponsored