First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Trying to do research on what suspension I want to get and I kind of have it between 2 choices but theres a couple questions I have that I can’t seem to find answers to. Im stuck between possibly getting Eibach pro truck 2 with zone UCAs or getting Icon stage 3 kit. Im wondering if the price difference is really worth it when it comes to getting icon over the Eibach kit. It’s almost double the price. Does anybody have thoughts on what makes icon so much more than Eibach suspension? Or is it a lot of the price just paying for the name? Also curious if anybody knew if you gain any extra travel with the Eibachs or if you just get a better ride from them mainly? I know icon list their travel gains on the page but I can’t find anything on Eibach. Or if there’s any kits anyone recommends between those 2 price ranges I’m open for consideration 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know much in this area, but are the Eibachs rebuildable? I'm sure there ICON ones are, so I know that has been mentioned as a benefit on some other posts I have seen.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You want to research ‘progressive vs digressive’ suspension set ups.

Icon is digressive, Eibach is progressive.

They have different driving characteristics and different use cases.

Progressive will keep the Bronco feel a bit more authentic but regressive is the new big deal because it soaks up big hits better. Digressive you generally feel small bumps more but big bumps less, but for that you do get a sportier feeling Bronco that handles much better in corners.

Suspension size is next - Factory are 2” shocks. Icon kits are 2.5”. Not sure on Eibach but likely 2.5”. Doesn’t sound like a big difference but a 2.5” shock has the damping power of TWO 2” shocks per corner (roughly speaking).

Reservoirs aren’t needed unless you’re really giving it hell. The idea is it keeps your shocks from heating up and fading on long bumpy journeys. Doesn’t really happen unless you’re tearing it up off road - sandy washes, bad washboard, whoops etc.

Icon is fully rebuildable and must be serviced every 30k-50k miles. No clue about the other.

Both are quality product, but you’ll have to decide what characteristics you want.

Icon has flex for days and will get you most of the way to Raptor levels of flex.

Last edited:

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Id be happy to go over both options with you and get you the best price! Feel free to message me!

My go-to recommendation is our PMW Stage 1 Kit . It is the perfect, budget friendly option for daily driving and mild off roading.

Like the guy above said, if you're going to give her hell offroad, it will be worth getting the beefier Icons with external reservoirs.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Trying to do research on what suspension I want to get and I kind of have it between 2 choices but theres a couple questions I have that I can’t seem to find answers to. Im stuck between possibly getting Eibach pro truck 2 with zone UCAs or getting Icon stage 3 kit. Im wondering if the price difference is really worth it when it comes to getting icon over the Eibach kit. It’s almost double the price. Does anybody have thoughts on what makes icon so much more than Eibach suspension? Or is it a lot of the price just paying for the name? Also curious if anybody knew if you gain any extra travel with the Eibachs or if you just get a better ride from them mainly? I know icon list their travel gains on the page but I can’t find anything on Eibach. Or if there’s any kits anyone recommends between those 2 price ranges I’m open for consideration 🤷🏼‍♂️

Eibach improve the ride quality while delivering a little more travel than stock. Upto a 1 1/4 inch more travel than stock (SAS VS NON SAS)

Icon makes a great system but if you are not a avid off roader then Eibach would be my recommendation. The price point is correct for the improvements you are looking for while withstanding the occasional overlanding/off road adventure.

We sell a lot of both but Eibach is our top seller and have not had one disappointed customer yet with them!

@Caleb@PandaMotorworks or myself would be more than happy to help you get the best pricing!

Sponsored

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had both and I will say I personally preferred the Icons. Usually a linear valved shock like the Eibach would be a little more comfy in a lot of places but the Icon, even with the digressive valving had better small bump sensitivity and bottom out support. They also did a much better job of controlling a heavier tires. I have been noticing a lot of harshness with a 37" tire that I did not with the Icons. The Eibachs are good, for sure, but I think the Icon is worth the money. If you do not want to spend the extra for the Icon I think the Bilstein 6112 or 6100 would be the way to go for about the same price as the Eibach. I really think the 2.5" body really makes all the difference in the world.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Id be happy to go over both options with you and get you the best price! Feel free to message me!

My go-to recommendation is our PMW Stage 1 Kit . It is the perfect, budget friendly option for daily driving and mild off roading.

Like the guy above said, if you're going to give her hell offroad, it will be worth getting the beefier Icons with external reservoirs.
Are the eibachs 2.5” coilovers?

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the eibachs 2.5” coilovers?
They are 2.0s, and definitely the best 2.0 on the market, but I do think the 2.5" body stuff works a bit better. If you have a spring compressor I think the Bilstein 6100/6112 or even the Icon 2.5 EXP are the better choice in this price range from personal experience.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm running the Icon 2.5 EXP's with stock SAS springs on the front only and am very happy with the ride and height adjustability.
Sponsored