First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So Electric assist steering is common place now on most sedans and crossovers. Useful for things like Parking assist, lane keep assist, crash avoidance, and on the highway will change the ratios so steering is not as erraticand for the F-150, Back-up Trailer Assist.

BUT NOW ford has installed a BEEFY electric assist system to the super duty! (So it can have all those options above). Rumor has it that it may also help with the death wobble!

I was originally thinking that the bronco wouldn’t have it because of how beefy it would need to be, but now it’s on the super duty.... anything is possible right?

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...rd-patented-adaptive-steering-technology.html

Ford Bronco Electric Assist Steering on 2021 Bronco 19DB6971-955A-47FE-927A-A0FCE776A6CC

Ford Bronco Electric Assist Steering on 2021 Bronco 0F2452DB-C91E-402B-AAF4-1D2D55FC0870

Pics from TFL
Sponsored

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you haven't driven with this system (I only have on the f250) I recommend it. Very responsive!

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ugh. Just another thing to complicate things.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you haven't driven with this system (I only have on the f250) I recommend it. Very responsive!

i only have on sedans and crossovers. Would love to try it on a truck.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ugh. Just another thing to complicate things.
You missed the part where Chrispy said there is a collar that you can lock to make it full manual. You may have to work on the guns to drive it but manual is way better than a plastic jug full off hydraulic fluid feeding a whinning belt driven pump feeding a series of leak prone hoses all over half the engine bay. The 4 cjs ive had were all manual and so was my 400+ hp maverick. Really much better feel than P.S.

Or you can live with a newer stronger electric version.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would assume so, but im sure somewhere down the road someone will break something and figure out a way to fix it. On the first jeep i bought a 79 cj7 i found someone had fixed the heater ducting. What i found was duct made of camo Busch beer 12 pack box that somehow lasted atleast a couple years. Things break, and a percentage of those people fix it the wrong way, and a percentage of those people drink a 12 pack afterwards and decide to leave it lol!

I would rather have electric steering over hydraulic any day. Unless it was high quality ram type. Same with brake boosters. My brother designed and tested early ones for ford some decade or so ago.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Holy shit people can complain about anything... EPS is significantly simpler than hydraulic power steering. Zero reason Ford should clutter up the engine bay more.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would assume so, but im sure somewhere down the road someone will break something and figure out a way to fix it. On the first jeep i bought a 79 cj7 i found someone had fixed the heater ducting. What i found was duct made of camo Busch beer 12 pack box that somehow lasted atleast a couple years. Things break, and a percentage of those people fix it the wrong way, and a percentage of those people drink a 12 pack afterwards and decide to leave it lol!
Sounds like that guy had to drink the 12 pack before instead of after. :ROFLMAO:

Fish512_

Badlands
First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 bronco, 1974 cj5, 2013 jku Moab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was the WORST mistake ford made, ask anyone who has modified and drove their bronco off road, they’re broke… I am bone stock but just a matter of time before mine breaks

C8024B92-78B2-4215-9701-6A5F1DA90B63.jpeg
Sponsored