Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

EV's are not even massively adopted yet and we have some states that are experiencing blackouts.

we simply do not have the energy surplus to use electricity to power transportation.

The battery technology is terrible and reliant on extremely bad mining practices. The technology is a giant trap that is going to backfire

yes EV's outperform ICEs but its not enough to outperform something

Hydrogen would be a better solution
I too have stock in PLUG and FCELL :ROFLMAO:

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would also take my ā€˜22 reservation and order a BroncoE if it was available next year. Thereā€™s enough off-road adventures to have with the 137 (e-transit) to 230 (lightning) range too be had, and my commute is only about 80 miles/day. If Iā€™m taking it on an adventure, Iā€™ll load it on a trailer and keep the pointless road trip hwy miles off of it.

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here is some extra grid energy we can use per the DOE.
"Widespread use of LED lighting has the greatest potential impact on energy savings in the United States. By 2027, widespread use of LEDs could save about 348 TWh (compared to no LED use) of electricity: This is the equivalent annual electrical output of 44 large electric power plants (1000 megawatts each), and a total savings of more than $30 billion at today's electricity prices."

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, interesting it may be. And I guess since the Bronco has no towing capacity they don't have to worry about that shortening the battery life. LOL has anyone read how much time you have to spend on the charger when you drive the F-150 Lightning? I figured to get to Pierre South Dakota next week oh, it would take us two extra hours. That's not acceptable. So it becomes indeed the Ultimate Mall crawler. Cuz I don't know that they're charging stations out in the trails. I'd much rather have a small motor or generator to charge it while you're driving. That makes more sense to me.

Sponsored

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, interesting it may be. And I guess since the Bronco has no towing capacity they don't have to worry about that shortening the battery life. LOL has anyone read how much time you have to spend on the charger when you drive the F-150 Lightning? I figured to get to Pierre South Dakota next week oh, it would take us two extra hours. That's not acceptable. So it becomes indeed the Ultimate Mall crawler. Cuz I don't know that they're charging stations out in the trails. I'd much rather have a small motor or generator to charge it while you're driving. That makes more sense to me.
they have these things called trailers, novel concept, an on-road vehicle that carries you off-road rig to its destination. Wild.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

they have these things called trailers, novel concept, an on-road vehicle that carries you off-road rig to its destination. Wild.
Right. So use fuel to haul your electro vehicle. Rotflmao.

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a feeling someone already hit this up, but it looks more like a Honda Element than a Bronco. That silhouette is stank.

mvilimek

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, 5GBronco, Fusion, Mach1, F-53, MachE, PA28
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In the OPā€™s post, it outlines the Explorer is likely on that list (and makes sense).

Iā€™m still not sure how I feel about the looks of the Mach E. Part of me likes it, part of me doesnā€™tā€¦ canā€™t put my finger on it until I see them on the roads.
Yeah, I have a GT order that I placed to replace the Fusion PHEV. Had got to sit in it and drive it last year, its not bad, but I don't like the plain interior. But with the delays in my "First Edition" Bronco, I think I might not go through with the Mach-E, might get a Raptor instead. My brother's R&D department just got done destroying a Mach-E. The Tesla crew was far more impress by the Mach-E than all the other EVs they have destroyed this far...driven hard then taken apart to never be reassembled again. Now they are about to destroy the latest $160k Porsche EV.

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a feeling someone already hit this up, but it looks more like a Honda Element than a Bronco. That silhouette is stank.

C'mon now.

We all know that the silhouette of the all new ford Flex coming back as an all-electric vehicle! 5 years of being gone and it'll be back in 2024, all electric.

Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think that silhouette is of a 'Bronco' Bronco. The lines are off and its obviously using street tires. I'm sure a full EV or Hybrid Bronco will eventually come about, but this looks like some sort of cute-ute, hopefully not one carrying the Bronco name.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I drove a Mach E a few weeks ago and loved it. I actually quite like the looks in person, much more than in photos, and was happy with the size as well. Smaller than i thought it was. The said, IT'S NOT A MUSTANG, and the name irritates me to no end.

20210425_172458.jpg
Agreed
I like them ...and if I got one I would remove the "Mustang" badging on day one. It would be my Mach E

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those are probably the pizza cutter rims and tires that will come on the production model šŸ¤®, so they can up the range a little.

fire282

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m in NO hurry for the EV. Iā€™m tired of charging things, phones, computers, watches, iPads etc etc. Give me a good gas burner!

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think we will see the Bronco EV for a while. Maybe not until 2024 or 2025 is my guess.
Sponsored