Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Propane. Use propane. I’ve owned dozens of different backpacking & camping stoves. I work within the outdoor industry. Use propane. For car camping I recommend the Jetboil Genesis stove.
Thanks. That jetboil2 looks very backpacking friendly. I'll srsly consider. But you made it clear. Go propane
Sponsored

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've done pretty impressive cooking with a coffee maker, laboratory hotplates, and electric single stove burners. That said, I don't think I'd use electric. For basically tailgate cooking off the Bronco, I'd use a Jetboil Genesis or a Coleman dual fuel 1-burner stove. What I usually use for motocamping on my motorcycle is an Optimus Optifuel though, which isn't made anymore. But it's stonking great. Basically any flammable liquid or canister - kerosene, gasoline, Naptha, diesel, JP-5 or 8, white gas, isobutane, propane - it will run and cook your meal. Some of those fuels work better than others, tho.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Two things:
1. Overlanders that do not want to deal with carrying/ disposing/ swapping of propane use "dual fuel" which allows you to use unleaded gasoline as your fuel (just take it from the jerry can):
https://www.rei.com/product/883480/coleman-dual-fuel-2-burner-stove?

2. I did go down a rabbit hole with electricity solutions and saw this thing that would use my lawn tools/snow blower batteries to provide a lot of power at a campsite:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/EGO-NEXUS-POWER-STATION-BARE-TOOL/1003130770

This would work for me because I already have 3 batteries. If you need batteries, 2-3X the cost. Probably not worth it if you are not using those batteries in your yard already. But it is a really cool idea to be able to power your lawn mower, edger, trimmer, leaf blower, snow blower AND your campsite all with the same set of batteries.

Not sure how to get this working with solar panels. That is the next rabbit hole that I need to go down.

Last edited:

rosetressl

Big Bend
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6g
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a Dweller camping wood stoves and I love it! It's lightweight and easy to transport, and it produces a lot of heat for its size. I've used it in a variety of weather conditions, and it's always done a great job of heating my tent. It's also very easy to clean, which is a big plus.
Sponsored

Last edited: