First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I had Hummer money of course I will, it's a beast!
Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the money being asked for a Hummer EV, I could buy 3 Black Diamond Broncos and be able to sell the two I don't need for more than purchase price. :cool:

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My thoughts about new EV Hummer:

"It's an overpriced, POS Chevy (GM), EV, ratchet ride. The only difference between the new one and the old one is at least the old one wasn't a pssst (sound made by EV) vehicle. It doesn't even look cool." #NotMYride /S

If it doesn't go vroom vroom, I do not want it. I don't care if EVs have more HP, torque, or are faster. Just, no.

My thoughts about new Bronco:

"Merica!"

Maybe FoMoCo along with the other auto manufacturers/governments of the world will come to their senses and will continue making/selling new ICE vehicles past 2035. There's room enough in this world for both to exist side by side. When EVs accounted for 4% of vehicle sales last year, that says the vast majority of people don't want them yet. I equate this move to forcing people to follow a certain religion. This is the absence of choice when we are supposed to be the land of freedom and choice. Most vehicle charging stations are still powered by fossil fuels so the whole idea just seems like virtue signaling to me. Sorry for the off-topic rant but this whole EV thing is getting ridiculous.
7c4aa8c2130c87f371a9cd3cd71d18b1.jpg

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My thoughts about new EV Hummer:

"It's an overpriced, POS Chevy (GM), EV, ratchet ride. The only difference between the new one and the old one is at least the old one wasn't a pssst (sound made by EV) vehicle. It doesn't even look cool." #NotMYride /S

If it doesn't go vroom vroom, I do not want it. I don't care if EVs have more HP, torque, or are faster. Just, no.

My thoughts about new Bronco:

"Merica!"

Maybe FoMoCo along with the other auto manufacturers/governments of the world will come to their senses and will continue making/selling new ICE vehicles past 2035. There's room enough in this world for both to exist side by side. When EVs accounted for 4% of vehicle sales last year, that says the vast majority of people don't want them yet. I equate this move to forcing people to follow a certain religion. This is the absence of choice when we are supposed to be the land of freedom and choice. Most vehicle charging stations are still powered by fossil fuels so the whole idea just seems like virtue signaling to me. Sorry for the off-topic rant but this whole EV thing is getting ridiculous.
7c4aa8c2130c87f371a9cd3cd71d18b1.jpg
the only limitation now with EVs is battery capacity and charge speed. I don’t think anyone doubts the free market will overcome those obstacles.

From there it’s not virtue signaling it’s demand and economics 101. An EV with 600+ miles of range that can top up in 5min is a superior product in every way.

With regard to energy production here in Texas we’re building new wind and solar facilities as fast as parts are available. No one in the US is planning new coal or oil energy production facilities. With time again the free market will displace fossil fuels. The sun and wind are free. It’s not free to dig the black stuff out of the ground.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That said, I do agree if someone still wants an ICE vehicle to tinker with they should be free to do so. Just like people enjoy horses despite cars and trucks being superior in every way as a means of transportation.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the only limitation now with EVs is battery capacity and charge speed. I don’t think anyone doubts the free market will overcome those obstacles.

From there it’s not virtue signaling it’s demand and economics 101. An EV with 600+ miles of range that can top up in 5min is a superior product in every way.

With regard to energy production here in Texas we’re building new wind and solar facilities as fast as parts are available. No one in the US is planning new coal or oil energy production facilities. With time again the free market will displace fossil fuels. The sun and wind are free. It’s not free to dig the black stuff out of the ground.
EVs were still only 4% of total vehicle sales last year. That really doesn't scream "demand" to me.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
EVs were still only 4% of total vehicle sales last year. That really doesn't scream "demand" to me.
That would be like saying in 1908 “lol Henry Ford only sold 4,000 model Ts. They’ll never replace the horse and buggy”
Sponsored