First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea,with that 1k horsepower! Who would not want that?
I just what the insurance is going to be on it? And with that crab gear
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea,with that 1k horsepower! Who would not want that?
I just what the insurance is going to be on it? And with that crab gear
Apples to oranges but my 2019 Challenger 485HP/475TQ actually lowered my rates significantly, it’s like $70 a month, full coverage.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Color me interested. Not enough to buy one as i have no interest but I love new cars.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the video on that page shows a brief demo of this "crabwalk" where all 4 wheels turn slightly to move the vehicle on a diagonal.

It's cool looking at all, but I'm trying to think of what kind of practical use this would have?

And how much complexity would this add for the rear wheels that create other issues?

Sponsored

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I planned to do serious rock crawling, I would prefer the Jeep 4xe over the Hummer EV. Granted, it doesn’t match the electric specs of the Hummer but that hybrid setup looks pretty darn functional.

Since I personally prioritize on-road (and baja) driving over off-road capability, I want the IFS of the Bronco (over the 4xe or any other Wrangler).

As others have said, the EV is going to be more expensive than even a Squatched LUX Badlands (my current target Bronco).

(On a side note, I fully acknowledge that I’m being a bit schizophrenic in that I prioritize daily driving over off-road but still plan on buying a Badlands. I just like the off-road capabilities should I ever need/want them and also feel that setup might (some day) have a better resale value. We will see (some day) if I read that correctly. )

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
11,500 torque?? How is that realistic in anyway? I know electric engines are high, instant torque but that’s obscene...

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
11,500 torque?? How is that realistic in anyway? I know electric engines are high, instant torque but that’s obscene...
Well if you could get the manual with the 2.7, you'd have 30,000 ft lbs of torque at the wheels (400 ft lbs *74 gear ratios)

Electric does have high torque but when you compare actual wheel torque gas is still king

The engineering explained guy on youtube did a bronco crawl ratio bit on it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well if you could get the manual with the 2.7, you'd have 30,000 ft lbs of torque at the wheels (400 ft lbs *74 gear ratios)

Electric does have high torque but when you compare actual wheel torque gas is still king

The engineering explained guy on youtube did a bronco crawl ratio bit on it.
You lost me on that math lol. Why would you times torque by gear ratios, what exactly does that tell you?

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With each of the four wheels driven with its own motor, the mechanicals are simple, and practically maintenance free, its just software. I really wish the Bronco was available as EV. Drastically lower center of gravity and low maintenance and sub 4 sec 0-60. And the elk cant hear me coming.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You lost me on that math lol. Why would you times torque by gear ratios, what exactly does that tell you?

You'll never get that 12 minutes back but basically the transfer case, transmission, and differentials all give you mechanical advantage. It's just like using a pulley to lift something heavy.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You'll never get that 12 minutes back but basically the transfer case, transmission, and differentials all give you mechanical advantage. It's just like using a pulley to lift something heavy.
Ahhh that makes sense. When i read that I figured there was some funky, nonsense math going on.

The Frisco Kid

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2015 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the video on that page shows a brief demo of this "crabwalk" where all 4 wheels turn slightly to move the vehicle on a diagonal.

It's cool looking at all, but I'm trying to think of what kind of practical use this would have?

And how much complexity would this add for the rear wheels that create other issues?
it’ll help people maneuver around shopping carts in parking lots.

But in all seriousness, it’s a pretty neat feature. High end camera dollies I’ve worked with can do this. Helps for precise movements. You wouldn’t have to make a multi-point turn if you had to adjust in a bind.

The real potential I see is if both axles can turn in opposite directions. That would give you the ultimate trail turn assist.

Last edited:

Pilot321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not interested in any electric vehicles (EV's), but especially something I go to remote places with including off roading. It is great to just have an extra five gallon jerry can of gas in case you are stuck far from a gas station. Those five gallons extends the range of my Jeep Wrangler by 80 miles. Plenty to find another gas station.
Sponsored