The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
This thing is ugly as Hell. It literally looks like a Sardine. And for how expensive it is no thanks. It doesn't even come out until 2024. Get real. I don't see them selling many of these.

j70iyzspvysxivzsbvdc.png
Sponsored

OJ_Loose

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the Hummer would make a great "5th car" lol. May need to revisit my Hummer ownership in a few years. Loved my H3

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The thing's pretty BA, more than I would ever use but like it or not it's got presence! Wonder if something like the transparent roof panels will be available in the aftermarket for the Bronco and that crab walk just kinda steals the thunder for trail turn now doesn't it? Yes, the price is crazy but how many $80+ SUV's and pickup's are out in the world now? This will sell no matter if it never sees a real trail not like I'll be off-roading my Bronco either to pass judgement.

Sponsored

ScottW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, I appreciate the technology, but why did they make it so ugly?
“Okay, you guys over there, I want you to design everything from the A pillar forward... you, you’ve got the middle bit.... and Gerry, you design the back end, but do it while wearing a blindfold.”
GMC has a knack for making ugly trucks, must be in their mission statement.

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
To me in some angles, it looks like a Chevy avalanche. Not in anyway trying to knock, but it just looks like it in certain angles from the rear.
Exactly what I thought. Modern tech with old styling in my opinion. And too pricey.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like it, way more than I thought I would. Anything that pushes the truck and off-road envelope forward I'm all for. Having this and the bronco enter try market in the same year is impressive.

Pros: Some really cool new tech. I especially love the removeable roof, the cameras and the ability to turn all four wheels somewhat independently (although the crab walk is a party trick and not all that functional).

Cons: I don't love the styling (still beats the cybertruck). The low water fording would scare the hell out of me on how the battery/electronics are protected. The price is absurd. They should have started with a hybrid and not a full electric. It doesn't matter how badass it is off-road if you don't have the range to confidently take it their and back. They still haven't solved or mitigated the range problem that EVs have, especially when towing or stressed.

I don't think this will damper bronco sales much as currently offered, but good on GM for finally taking a risk and offering something bold.
Eh, the reality is, 90% of these will be pavement pushers and mall cruisers.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the range on the base '24 base model, I don't even think I could get from the eastern 'burbs of Denver to the mountains and back on a charge. And I'd get to pay $30K more than my Bronco. Yeesh.

Chris

ctel23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Personally I like the package as a whole minus the price. The interior and tech are crazy. With that said I'm disappointed in the overall exterior design. Why would GM pivot away from the looks of the original Hummer and it's military look and feel. Not sure how we went from badass military to the moon (the Lunar theme).

Last edited:

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Imagine the size of the fire when that “superb” GM engineering kicks in.
Cool Tech and interior, FUGLY exterior design, the body lines do not flow, it looks disjointed.
Cool lights when charging.
100K plus for a GMC? Um, yeah... nope, I’ll get a Bronco and a few year old 911.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'll be honest the tech here is pretty damn cool! And 1k hp, 11.5k torque, crazy!
There's no way the 11,500 ft lb torque rating is legitimate. A Peterbilt puts out 1650-1850 ft lbs. Does anyone really think GM got 6-7x the torque of a semi in this? If so, I have a bridge to sell you.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's no way the 11,500 ft lb torque rating is legitimate. A Peterbilt puts out 1650-1850 ft lbs. Does anyone really think GM got 6-7x the torque of a semi in this? If so, I have a bridge to sell you.
Wheel torque. It’s an electric thing, Tesla uses it too. I think it’s closer to about 1,000TQ
Sponsored